Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi DA

Over the last two months I have been working on upgrading my Honda Accord Sport's sound system. My goal was to keep the factory radio while making the sound system sound balanced. Let's face it, the stock sound system sounds like crap. It lacks lows and highs.

After much trial and error and hundreds of dollars spent I found a simple combination that really makes the stock sound system sing. I did two things.

I added Honda accord ex factory tweeters to my sail panels. Adding the tweeters s dramatically increased the high's. The part number for the factory tweeters is 39120-T2A-A01

I added a Sound Ordinance 8 inch self amped sub under the passenger seat. Adding this sub increased the lows

I kept the factory speakers. They are the best sounding speakers for the Honda Accord Factory Head Unit. Believe me I tried many different speakers and they all sounded like crap.

The system no longer lacks any lows or high's and sounds amazing.

I tied the factory tweeters in to the speaker wire in the door. The factory speaker comes with a built in crossover so there is no need to add an additional crossover to the system.

I wired the sub into the rear deck speaker with a Line output converter.

Trust me when I say don't replace your stock speakers and dont add an amp if you plan on keeping the factory radio. The factory radio has DNS settings that are made to only work with the factory speakers. Aftermarket speakers will sound like crap because of the DNS in the radio. Also you will have to unplug yourANC module that is under the radio. If you dont unplug this you will get interference from the sub woofer. Do not cut the wires on the ANC module. Simply reach behind it and unplug the harness.

If you are an Honda Accord Sport owner you will be happy with these results.

·
Ghost
53 Posts
Sounds like a great setup at a very reasonable price! Might have to do this myself. I'm not an audiophile or anything, but a little better sounds would be nice. Any pics of the installs?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was it difficult to modify your sail panels. Also can you link the specific sub you got? I'm pretty new to audio and I don't really understand the different wattages and what not.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i like this setup...its simple yet it gives you a massive audio improvement over the stock.

Instead of tapping into the rear speakers..wouldnt it be better to tap into the signal from the front speakers? I feel the honda headunit is sending more lower signals to the front instead...

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
1,216 Posts
i have to disagree with the stock speakers being the best for the head unit.
they are garbage!!! get a set of polk audio for the fronts/rears. way better!!!
i can fart louder than the stock speakers!!

·
Mod it or don't drive it
1,045 Posts
i have to disagree with the stock speakers being the best for the head unit.
they are garbage!!! get a set of polk audio for the fronts/rears. way better!!!
i can fart louder than the stock speakers!!
Agreed. Just click the links in my sig to see the best options for audio in this car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Did you try an AudioControl LC7i? that would have def made the sound system better with aftermarket speakers and an amp.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did not try a LC7i. I have no need to upgrade the sound system anymore. It sounds great with the current setup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lou,

What LOC did you use with that Sound Ordnance sub? I'm looking at doing the exact same setup you did with my 2015 Sport.

Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Where did you pull the audio signal for the sub, and where did you route switched and constant power from for this?

·
Registered
343 Posts
1 - 20 of 58 Posts