Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a CPO 2008 LX Accord 6 speaker, no navigation
Love everything about it until I cranked up the volume. WTH?

Already looking to upgrade it.
I do not know much about speakers or setups!

What I am looking for:
Simple upgrade, If amp needed it has to be subtle/small. (Trunk space is extremely important, photographer here)

Saw this image http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25546&stc=1&d=1254781480 from this post if amp required, looking to do a similar setup so I can still have the option to bring the seat down.

I don't think for the sound I want, I need a sub, but if needed I will take advice.

I listen mainly to House music so I like good bass but don't need the trunk to rattle & would really prefer a setup that doesn't require a sub.

Also it has Aux input, but if there is a controller available for iPhone that will show track list or playlist, I would take some advice on that too!

Thank you

Marvin

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a 08 EX-L with Navi, and im also looking for a intertface device to use my ipod/iphone and be able to use all the controls from the radio and see the txt from the song ect..

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have the 10 lxs coupe, and im going to put in pioneer 4300 dvd head unit, a 4 channel amp, and just replace stock speakers with 6.5 Rainbow separates... I listened to them in the guy that did my tint install and it sounded insane and he had no sub or amp at all.. They are expensive but check em out

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need Help on this same subject

Hello everybody,
I also need advice on upgrading the LX audio system. I just got my baby last week and the lack of audio power is killing my buzz. Can anyone suggest the best way to add some punch? Thanks in advance! :thmsup:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Hello everybody,
I also need advice on upgrading the LX audio system. I just got my baby last week and the lack of audio power is killing my buzz. Can anyone suggest the best way to add some punch? Thanks in advance! :thmsup:
Decent set of components, one or more subs, and one or more amps to drive them all. Same as any other car. You can use a 4 channel amp to drive the entire system or separate amps to drive the components and sub.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Decent set of components, one or more subs, and one or more amps to drive them all. Same as any other car. You can use a 4 channel amp to drive the entire system or separate amps to drive the components and sub.
By decent set of components, do you mean, you would replace all 4 main speakers?

·
Registered
277 Posts
decent set of components would be to replace the front pair and get a sub and a 4-ch amp for your low end bass. have a set of components myself that I've been meaning to install.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
By decent set of components, do you mean, you would replace all 4 main speakers?
No, the mid in the front door and the front tweeter. If you buy a component set it will include a crossover. Leave the rears stock.

·
Murphy was an optimist
252 Posts
i replaced my door speakers/tweeters and added a 12' sub + 4 channel amp (door speakers amped per channel and sub bridged other two channels) and left my rear 6x9 stock for "fill". Instead of getting a LOC i went with an aftermarket headunit with RCA outs.

Some like the "soundstage" in front...i prefer to have it sound like the singer is directly to my right :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts