Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we didn't need another but I wanted to start a tips or questions thread.

Here is my question - Is there a way to wake the iPhone up, say if it is in your pocket so SIRI will work? Mine works flawless except for that problem. I can wake the phone up and a way we go. Could be "operator error". Thx in advance

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I know we didn't need another but I wanted to start a tips or questions thread.

Here is my question - Is there a way to wake the iPhone up, say if it is in your pocket so SIRI will work? Mine works flawless except for that problem. I can wake the phone up and a way we go. Could be "operator error". Thx in advance
Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock -> (Allow Access When Locked) Siri -> On

That fixed it for me.

Jay

·
4,339 Posts
To reply to a text that is read over the audio system:

* Press until siri comes on.
*"Reply to text"

Then follow commands to reply to the latest text.

Jay

·
Registered
175 Posts
Disable voice prompt recognition on vehicle settings. This lets you get to siri a bit quicker with the talk button

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Disable voice prompt recognition on vehicle settings. This lets you get to siri a bit quicker with the talk button
I did this and it did go to SIRI faster but it lowered my volume for some reason. Anyone know how to raise the volume?

·
4,339 Posts
I did this and it did go to SIRI faster but it lowered my volume for some reason. Anyone know how to raise the volume?
When Siri is talking just adjust the volume on the head unit. Siri has her own volume. :yes:

Jay

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
Do you have nav on your vehicle? I don't and have not been able to disable the voice prompt recognition.
try holding the button longer on the steering wheel, like you would with your iphone to enable siri

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
try holding the button longer on the steering wheel, like you would with your iphone to enable siri
I know how to engage Siri; supposedly there is a way in settings to disable the HFL voice so that you only need to press the steering wheel button briefly to summon Siri. I'm fairly certian it only works on cars equipped with navi. Unfortunately, no one on here that has reported the ability to disable the HFL voice OR override all audio sources with Siri's turn-by-turn directions is able to tell me whether they have navi or not.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, I have the navi and all I've been able to disable are the navi voice prompts, that's nothing to do with Siri voice activation though. Maybe someone has confused the two?

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
Well, I have the navi and all I've been able to disable are the navi voice prompts, that's nothing to do with Siri voice activation though. Maybe someone has confused the two?
It may not be faster, but you don't have to wonder whether you've held it long enough to summon Siri.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When Siri is talking just adjust the volume on the head unit. Siri has her own volume. :yes:

Jay
It's not just Siri it also seems to be the phone. But your right, I just need to turn up the volume and hope I remember to cut it down before music starts back up.

·
4,339 Posts
It's not just Siri it also seems to be the phone. But your right, I just need to turn up the volume and hope I remember to cut it down before music starts back up.
Bluetooth audio and pandora audio should have their own volume setting separate from Siri. Our cars have source volume memory.

Jay

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
951 Posts
newer 2014 sport accord owner....i have the settings on the car set to allow the reading of texts....it accepts my incoming calls no problem but it will not read emails or texts...i dont even know i have any unless i check on the i phone....any ideas what that could mean?? maybe a setting on my phone is not setup? thanks!

·
4,339 Posts
newer 2014 sport accord owner....i have the settings on the car set to allow the reading of texts....it accepts my incoming calls no problem but it will not read emails or texts...i dont even know i have any unless i check on the i phone....any ideas what that could mean?? maybe a setting on my phone is not setup? thanks!
(Phone)

Settings -> Bluetooth -> HandsFreeLink (press blue "I") -> Show Notifications

Do it while in the car and connected.

Jay

1 - 18 of 18 Posts