Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lowered my car a few inches and these mountain back-roads can be rough.

Will this skid plate fit our 4 cyl?

Has anyone used this or fabricated something similar, my mechanic quoted no higher $500 parts and labor including power-coat. I rather just buy one if I could save as much as this.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,608 Posts
Spending hard earned money to make your car too low for the roads on which you drive - priceless. :lmao:

·
09 2DR SMR EX - Aphrodite
53 Posts
Spending hard earned money to make your car too low for the roads on which you drive - priceless. :lmao:
going on forums to condescend others - priceless :wave:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uh, where are you planning on mounting that?
more or less just an example, this product looks nothing like the OEM poly skidplate. I've not had much luck finding anything similar to stock.

This is why I'm looking into having one fabricated.
But if a prefab is available, it would probably be cheaper.
Any helpful information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
what kind of coilovers are you on? damper settings? unless you're near max low you shouldn't need a skid plate.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,608 Posts
He's a real troll.
Watch out now, he's also a stalker.
Troll stalker. :yes:
Coming from a guy (you) who was publicly told by a mod to stop stalking me. What a hypocrite you are.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,608 Posts
going on forums to condescend others - priceless :wave:
Well, does it make sense to you to make a daily driver so low that you need a skid plate?

·
09 2DR SMR EX - Aphrodite
53 Posts
Well, does it make sense to you to make a daily driver so low that you need a skid plate?
I mean I guess but that's all preference! :thmsup:

·
08 Accord 5spd
37 Posts
Typical DA thread- someone always has to start a rival :thumbsdow . If I were you I'd look into getting an air cup suspension setup (cheaper than bags). That way you can adjust your coilovers with the flip of a switch! A little costly but it sounds like you'd benefit from it.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Honestly I would go with something custom made. It's probably not worth the effort to get a "universal" part to fit.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Dips and bumps may cause rubbing and scraping but you should only really be concerned about raised manhole covers and things that might strike your pan. That's basically where alert driving comes into play.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what kind of coilovers are you on? damper settings? unless you're near max low you shouldn't need a skid plate.
Tein advanced street at max damper. The plastic plate I've got now is torn up and on its last thread.

Typical DA thread- someone always has to start a rival :thumbsdow . If I were you I'd look into getting an air cup suspension setup (cheaper than bags). That way you can adjust your coilovers with the flip of a switch! A little costly but it sounds like you'd benefit from it.
VRH suspension? I've seen this once or twice it is quite price.

Honestly I would go with something custom made. It's probably not worth the effort to get a "universal" part to fit.
Thanks. That's what I'm thinking just so it fits perfectly.

Dips and bumps may cause rubbing and scraping but you should only really be concerned about raised manhole covers and things that might strike your pan. That's basically where alert driving comes into play.
I've gotten good at avoiding crap over the years, but hills and high angle roads get me.

I'm used to this forum trolling, but its normally worth it to sort through the bs, lately not so much.

·
2008 Accord Coupe EX
999 Posts
Unless its made for that car no it will not bolt on, maybe it can be modified to fit, and you hafta have mounting points. I once installed a skid plate on a lowered car i own years ago.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unless its made for that car no it will not bolt on, maybe it can be modified to fit, and you hafta have mounting points. I once installed a skid plate on a lowered car i own years ago.

I'm just going to have it built and pinned up with something like these for support. I'll post pics when its finished.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Might be a dumb idea, but wouldn't something like industrial strength velcro be able to hold it onto the frame (assuming large strips of it, not a tiny square inch)? I once was working on an autonomous vehicle where we had to hold a 12V lead acid battery from moving around....a 6x6 square of velcro required the strongest guy we could find to get it back off.

·
Banned
438 Posts
Coming from a guy (you) who was publicly told by a mod to stop stalking me. What a hypocrite you are.
Was that you crying to the school teacher?
So corny. Get a life, get over it, and good luck.

·
lol wut
436 Posts
I have the same coilovers and from where I am, it's hard for me to see how you scrape so bad lol not trying to be an ass or anything. I've done a few mountain runs with them already too with no problems. I admit I do scrape those two little mud flaps in front of the front wheels, but nothing major like the bumper or oil pan/transmission case, so I don't really care. If you want, you can run a slightly thicker rear sway bar (I did this and it eliminated the scraping of those mud flaps during hard cornering). Hope this helps.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,608 Posts
Was that you crying to the school teacher?
So corny. Get a life, get over it, and good luck.
The truth really hurts you doesn't it. :lmao:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts