Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Are you having issues with your clutch or clutch pedal? I've read about this mod and I am interested in trying it out too.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I did this on my 8th Gen V6. I'm not overly motivated to try it on my 9th because I don't have any complaints about the clutch. But the slave cylinder is so easy to get to on this car that it keeps tempting me.
Do you remember what the process was like?

Do you have to bleed the CMC after you replace the slave cylinder.

I'm having a weird feeling on my clutch pedal. It feels "rubbery" when pushing the clutch in and releasing the clutch. My deal said it was normal :dunno:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Do you remember what the process was like?

Do you have to bleed the CMC after you replace the slave cylinder.

I'm having a weird feeling on my clutch pedal. It feels "rubbery" when pushing the clutch in and releasing the clutch. My deal said it was normal :dunno:
It's a little bit of a pain on the V6 just because of clearance and positioning issues. It's not bad though. One of those things that took 90 minutes the first time and would probably only take you 30 min the 2nd time. Yes you'll have to bleed the lines afterwards, which is done from the slave cylinder. It wouldn't be too bad if you have someone to help you. I did it alone and had to use the power seat and a 2x4 to hold the clutch pedal down while I went around to open the bleeder valve. Then repeat X 20 lol. I think there are some tutorials on the Acurazine website.

·
Registered
871 Posts
It's a little bit of a pain on the V6 just because of clearance and positioning issues. It's not bad though. One of those things that took 90 minutes the first time and would probably only take you 30 min the 2nd time. Yes you'll have to bleed the lines afterwards, which is done from the slave cylinder. It wouldn't be too bad if you have someone to help you. I did it alone and had to use the power seat and a 2x4 to hold the clutch pedal down while I went around to open the bleeder valve. Then repeat X 20 lol. I think there are some tutorials on the Acurazine website.
Cool. Doesn't sound too hard.

Yeah I've seen a few tutorials on YouTube :thmsup:

·
Premium Member
7,852 Posts
My thoughts exactly. Lol That, and it won't covered in 8 years of rust and corrosion. Lol
Much easier to do it now, even if you found out there is no restrictor valve (NOT check valve), at least you will know you don't have to worry about it later.

If you read the 7th Gen thread, I posted that this problem may develop over time when sediments of the brake fluid collects in the fine mesh screen which reduces the flow to make the operation inconsistent, I found that my inadvertent back-flush of the old slave cylinder (when I tried to remove the restrictor valve but could not due to heavily corroded cap/retaining spring) restored what I would consider a very normal operating slave cylinder operation, the difference was very noticeable.

I still put in the new slave cylinder after removing the restrictor valve since I now know this problem will recur over time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.