Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"April" silver 07 Accord
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you with the OEM trunk mat and a sub box have issues with your sub box sliding around? I want to figure out a way to keep it from moving all around when i take turns or brake hard. I thought about tacking some of that sticky mat that people use to keep their carpets from moving around on hardwood/tile. Any of you get irritated and do something that worked? Here is my set up:

·
Legitimate hack
1,673 Posts
Bungee cords are what did the trick for me. That'll get tossed once I get back from deployment and build a custom FG box to go on the driver's side by the taillight.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I-pass velcro works great.

·
Registered
851 Posts
measure the distance from the box to the sides of the trunk, cut a peice of wood that 1/8 longer then the measurement on both sides and jam it in, it will stay fit and you can use that to store extra small things :) did that in my 91 integra before some asshole broke into my car and stole it

·
Second gear slammer!
461 Posts
i used plumbing straps, screwed it to the top of the box and ran it to the reaer seatbelt mounts. with an extra nut. it never slides and i autox it with those in there. and it passes tech everytime. they dont budge.

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
+1 I used velcro as well. Along the left and right side of the box. Works like a champ! got for cheat at wally world.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i screwed in some L brackets into the back, i made a wood floor the exact same measurements to the stock flimsy cardboard one..

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,357 Posts
Like redaccordcoupe, I used plumbing straps. Although I ran mine up to the rear deck lid and found an existing hole that I just ran a bolt through. Worked great. Never moved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Velcro does work great. however i have a dual box and my floor sags in the middle so my subs fall forward (which is bad). So to take care of that i stole a road sign a few months prior and cut it out to fit in my trunk. than used sheets of cardboard to put space in between the space and the floor to make it level. I have run into another problem. my cardboard floor doesn't fit the trunk. with the weight of the subs the floor slides around. idk what to really do anymore so i left it alone.

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
In my last car I had 2 12's on the OEM mat and it slid around. I used a piece of rope that went around it and tied it to the metal frame where the seats lock. And underneath it I put some duct tape and rolled it so it was double sided. :)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
In my last car I had 2 12's on the OEM mat and it slid around. I used a piece of rope that went around it and tied it to the metal frame where the seats lock. And underneath it I put some duct tape and rolled it so it was double sided. :)

If you turn your sub around, facing the rear, you'll have 10x more bass :naughty:

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I screwed an L bracket to the box and rear deck.

·
Registered
370 Posts
How did you get the velcro to stick to the trunk mat? Or is 3M just that amazing.
I used a version of their super strong velcro to get my garmin mounted in my cubby hole. works amazing. Just would be shocked if it can hold a sub and box.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used both sides of the velcro. One piece sticky side on the bottom of the box, and i piece sticky side on the truck floor. I have a single 12" sub in the trunk of my 96 Accord Sedan and it works great. No sliding, however it may cause a little problem if I ever need my spare tire...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts