Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed this recently. The keyfobs (both) will no longer lock or unlock the doors, or trunk, by the usual pressing of the lock and unlock symbols.

With the fob on my person, the doors do however sense I have it on me, as I can still open a locked door as usual by putting hand under the door handle, or open the truck, and it also allows me to start the car as usual.

I have put in new batteries on both fobs even though they tested out ok.

The only difference now is that I cannot use the fob to remotely lock or unlock the doors, or put the windows down before entry (which I just started using a few months ago after having the car since new).

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

· Elvira
4,386 Posts
I am not sure if this will work with our Smart Entry fob's but the remote keyless entry used to be able to be "reprogrammed" using the steps outlined in this post.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/943288-post2.html

This might not work with our 2013+ 9th gen SmartEntry fobs so if anyone knows for sure if this works by all means chime in.

By the way, did you recently remove the battery ? Change a window or lock switch in the door?

There is a TSB somewhere regarding the Keyless Access (Smart Power) Control Unit not working and may need replacing.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Does the other key fob work? Have you replaced the battery? It may be getting weak and the transmitter may work to unlock the doors when close the handles but not at a distance.

· Banned
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure if this will work with our Smart Entry fob's but the remote keyless entry used to be able to be "reprogrammed" using the steps outlined in this post.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/943288-post2.html

This might not work with our 2013+ 9th gen SmartEntry fobs so if anyone knows for sure if this works by all means chime in.

By the way, did you recently remove the battery ? Change a window or lock switch in the door?

There is a TSB somewhere regarding the Keyless Access (Smart Power) Control Unit not working and may need replacing.
Thanks Miker. That reprogramming scheme you included does not apply to our Gen. No, I have not removed the battery, changed a window or lock switch in the door. Thx for the TSB tip, I just checked it out and it does not apply, close though. Thanks again.

· Banned
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks 2.4 I think that is it!

And a belated and corrected thanks to Miker above, also. He called there was a TSB out for this but I looked up the wrong one and said it was not the one, but it is, same as yours.

Thanks again. Car just came off warranty of course, 3,000 miles ago (now at 39,000).

· Banned
1,095 Posts
Just an update. Not because there is a need to update about MY news, but because just in case someone is doing a search on that faulty keyless access control.

I am now fixed (I hope for awhiles)

Some of this is from my two Sep 2015 posts:

2013 Accord EXL-navi

Switched out the little 51 battery for the bigger, better 24F in January 2013.

My keyless access control (I think went kaput around AUG-SEP 2015 as stated in my posts. Keyfobes and there batts were fine. Door handles worked etc, only problem was that I could no longer lock/unlock/roll down windows remotely with the fob any longer.

Vehicle was outta warranty. Saw that I could pick up a new keyless access control unit for a little under $200, but since it then needed to get programmed by dealer, I just never got around to doing it,chalking it up to one of life's many sorrows one just has to live with.

Well, fast forward to the time of now, my EverStart Plus 24F (not the better MAXX) just (MASSIVE, EXPLOSIVE, UNCONTROLLABLE, AND SOUL CRUSHING BOWEL MOVEMENTS LEADING TO DEHYDRATION, STARVATION, ORGAN FAILURE, AND DEATH) the bed, so I just threw in a new one (MAXX).

After reading another thread just now about a similar problem on this chatroom, and it mentioned the battery etc, I figured I would try my fob again.

Everything works fine again! A pleasant surprise.

At the time of when my keyless access control unit went kaput, in SEP 2015, my battery was just fine. But, now the changing out of it fixed my problem, for whatever reason (marginally more voltage, old one just now had 11.3 v or so when it (MASSIVE, EXPLOSIVE, UNCONTROLLABLE, AND SOUL CRUSHING BOWEL MOVEMENTS LEADING TO DEHYDRATION, STARVATION, ORGAN FAILURE, AND DEATH) the bed, if I recall), or even the fact of just having no power to the car for the half minute or so whilst I changed out the battery?

Only updating to give others more data points if doing a search on this problem.

Thanks

· 8th Gen Believer
5,660 Posts
It help, too, if you clean out the pocket lint, dust etc. Glad it worked out.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi there. So my key fob for 2013 Accord stopped working and every time I press the lock or unlock button nothing happens. I recently ordered 2 new key fobs from eBay and just want to reprogram them on my own so I can use to unlock and lock the vehicle. Is there any method of DIY without paying at the dealership??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.