Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, created this account just to ask this question. Hoping someone else had the same problem

the smart entry system does not activate on the driver door handle, when I pull the door handle the doors to not automatically unlock, I have to use the remote. It works fine on the passenger side.

2022 Accord Sport 2.0T

I disconnected the battery to see if it would somehow reset the system. It didn’t.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Hmm this is a strange one. Did you mess with the settings?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm this is a strange one. Did you mess with the settings?
Only thing that was changed which was changed prior to it not responding was Door unlock unlocks all. (Something along those lines) but it doesn’t make sense as to why it would stop working.

I tried a different key fob too and same issue.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Right. Either way, your driver’s door should unlock every time you place your hand between the door and driver’s door IF you have the car key with you (or close to you). I haven’t heard this one before tbh. I might need to look at settings and see what it might be.

So, let’s say your doors are locked, if you place your hand between the driver’s door and handle, it does not unlock the driver’s door? But when you do the same on the passenger side, it unlocks without issue?:unsure:

Interesting issue indeed.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
IIRC there was another recent thread with a similar issue. So try searching for it.

And IIRCx2, turned out to be something wrong with the switch in the door frame that gets pressed/held in when the door is closed. So have a look at that switch in the driver's door frame.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right. Either way, your driver’s door should unlock every time you place your hand between the door and driver’s door IF you have the car key with you (or close to you). I haven’t heard this one before tbh. I might need to look at settings and see what it might be.

So, let’s say your doors are locked, if you place your hand between the driver’s door and handle, it does not unlock the driver’s door? But when you do the same on the passenger side, it unlocks without issue?:unsure:

Interesting issue indeed.

yeah it’s not the Fob, and the sensor just seems to not respond to my hand being over it. Passenger works fine. Opens all doors (due to the setting) but this should also apply to the driver door as well.

I did take the door apart today and door handle as well and I could not find any connections unplugged or frayed. Put everything back together, which leads me to believe the sensor may be bad on the driver door. Really want to avoid taking it to the dealership, as I will be without a car for 1 week +

IIRC there was another recent thread with a similar issue. So try searching for it.

And IIRCx2, turned out to be something wrong with the switch in the door frame that gets pressed/held in when the door is closed. So have a look at that switch in the driver's door frame.
I searched, but the search sucks in this forum. :-|

What switch exactly? That’s interesting.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
yeah it’s not the Fob, and the sensor just seems to not respond to my hand being over it. Passenger works fine. Opens all doors (due to the setting) but this should also apply to the driver door as well.

I did take the door apart today and door handle as well and I could not find any connections unplugged or frayed. Put everything back together, which leads me to believe the sensor may be bad on the driver door. Really want to avoid taking it to the dealership, as I will be without a car for 1 week +

I searched, but the search sucks in this forum. :-|

What switch exactly? That’s interesting.
It's usually a black button sticking out of the door jamb, possibly down near the door sill at the bottom. It gets pushed in when the door closes so look on the side of the jamb where door contacts the jamb.

But why are you taking things apart? You have a 2022 with bumper/bumper 3yr/36k warranty. So just take it to the dealer and let them futz with the problem. That's what warranties are for...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's usually a black button sticking out of the door jamb, possibly down near the door sill at the bottom. It gets pushed in when the door closes so look on the side of the jamb where door contacts the jamb.

But why are you taking things apart? You have a 2022 with bumper/bumper 3yr/36k warranty. So just take it to the dealer and let them futz with the problem. That's what warranties are for...
To answer your last question, I was trying to fix the problem myself before taking it to the dealer. Dealer is always last resort for me.

thanks for the info though I’m gonna look to see if I can find that

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I agree man. Dude, you have a 2022 brand new car… I understand you don’t want dealer to mess around with your car, but I’d definitely take it in if there’s an issue that requires one to take things apart. You shouldn’t need to troubleshoot that much on a new car. That’s the whole point of a new car lol. Ask if they have loaners if you’re concerned it’ll take multiple days. Personally, I’d probably just schedule a visit on a weekend if possible.

Reactions: AccordPirate04

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree man. Dude, you have a 2022 brand new car… I understand you don’t want dealer to mess around with your car, but I’d definitely take it in if there’s an issue that requires one to take things apart. You shouldn’t need to troubleshoot that much on a new car. That’s the whole point of a new car lol. Ask if they have loaners if you’re concerned it’ll take multiple days. Personally, I’d probably just schedule a visit on a weekend if possible.
Yeah I’ll probably have to leave my car this week, took a look at the car just now and the door jamb was not the issue. I think it’s the sensor/antenna.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Why do you think it's going to a take a week to fix this?

If they don't have the part(s) in stock, they'll just give you back the car at end of first day and schedule another appointment when the parts come in.

It's not like the car can't run (safely) if that handle isn't unlocking the door, especially if the fob works and/or you can still use the key.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Only thing that was changed which was changed prior to it not responding was Door unlock unlocks all. (Something along those lines) but it doesn’t make sense as to why it would stop working.

I tried a different key fob too and same issue.
If it works on the passenger side but not the driver's side... that's not something that should be that way. My guess is that you have a bad driver's side door handle sensor. A few people have complained about this happening in the past- but it doesn't seem to be a common issue.

Schedule an appointment with the dealer and see what they say... As a 2022, it should be covered under warranty unless you drive an insane amount of miles.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why do you think it's going to a take a week to fix this?

If they don't have the part(s) in stock, they'll just give you back the car at end of first day and schedule another appointment when the parts come in.

It's not like the car can't run (safely) if that handle isn't unlocking the door, especially if the fob works and/or you can still use the key.
Dealerships here are usually backed up for a long time. Idk if this issue will require me to leave the car there overnight or what. But in my experience with dealerships in my area, usually it’s not a same day fix lol. But yes the way you put it might be the way they do things there, it sounds possible, as it’s not hindering the performance of the car in any way.

I’ll keep you guys updated on what it is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I totally understand your reluctance to deal with the dealership. My driver side mirror started rattling under warranty, and they essentially told me to suck it up. Took me all of 10 minutes figure out how to pop off the cap from the mirror base and tighten the three screws. Had they invested the 10 minutes, they'd have a happy customer. Now they have an ex-customer.

That said, I have to agree with what others said: It is their job to fix it. If they need to keep the car for whatever period of time (which is not super likely, since it is perfectly drivable), ask for a loaner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts