Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

(Smart ) Keyless Entry Malfunction Driver Side

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Ronch 
#1 ·
hello all, created this account just to ask this question. Hoping someone else had the same problem

the smart entry system does not activate on the driver door handle, when I pull the door handle the doors to not automatically unlock, I have to use the remote. It works fine on the passenger side.

2022 Accord Sport 2.0T

I disconnected the battery to see if it would somehow reset the system. It didn’t.

Any suggestions?

#4 · (Edited)
Right. Either way, your driver’s door should unlock every time you place your hand between the door and driver’s door IF you have the car key with you (or close to you). I haven’t heard this one before tbh. I might need to look at settings and see what it might be.

So, let’s say your doors are locked, if you place your hand between the driver’s door and handle, it does not unlock the driver’s door? But when you do the same on the passenger side, it unlocks without issue?:unsure:

Interesting issue indeed.

#6 ·
yeah it’s not the Fob, and the sensor just seems to not respond to my hand being over it. Passenger works fine. Opens all doors (due to the setting) but this should also apply to the driver door as well.

I did take the door apart today and door handle as well and I could not find any connections unplugged or frayed. Put everything back together, which leads me to believe the sensor may be bad on the driver door. Really want to avoid taking it to the dealership, as I will be without a car for 1 week +

IIRC there was another recent thread with a similar issue. So try searching for it.

And IIRCx2, turned out to be something wrong with the switch in the door frame that gets pressed/held in when the door is closed. So have a look at that switch in the driver's door frame.
I searched, but the search sucks in this forum. :-|

What switch exactly? That’s interesting.

#5 ·
IIRC there was another recent thread with a similar issue. So try searching for it.

And IIRCx2, turned out to be something wrong with the switch in the door frame that gets pressed/held in when the door is closed. So have a look at that switch in the driver's door frame.

#9 ·
I agree man. Dude, you have a 2022 brand new car… I understand you don’t want dealer to mess around with your car, but I’d definitely take it in if there’s an issue that requires one to take things apart. You shouldn’t need to troubleshoot that much on a new car. That’s the whole point of a new car lol. Ask if they have loaners if you’re concerned it’ll take multiple days. Personally, I’d probably just schedule a visit on a weekend if possible.

Reactions: AccordPirate04
#11 ·
Why do you think it's going to a take a week to fix this?

If they don't have the part(s) in stock, they'll just give you back the car at end of first day and schedule another appointment when the parts come in.

It's not like the car can't run (safely) if that handle isn't unlocking the door, especially if the fob works and/or you can still use the key.

#14 ·
Why do you think it's going to a take a week to fix this?

If they don't have the part(s) in stock, they'll just give you back the car at end of first day and schedule another appointment when the parts come in.

It's not like the car can't run (safely) if that handle isn't unlocking the door, especially if the fob works and/or you can still use the key.
Dealerships here are usually backed up for a long time. Idk if this issue will require me to leave the car there overnight or what. But in my experience with dealerships in my area, usually it’s not a same day fix lol. But yes the way you put it might be the way they do things there, it sounds possible, as it’s not hindering the performance of the car in any way.

I’ll keep you guys updated on what it is.

#15 ·
I totally understand your reluctance to deal with the dealership. My driver side mirror started rattling under warranty, and they essentially told me to suck it up. Took me all of 10 minutes figure out how to pop off the cap from the mirror base and tighten the three screws. Had they invested the 10 minutes, they'd have a happy customer. Now they have an ex-customer.

That said, I have to agree with what others said: It is their job to fix it. If they need to keep the car for whatever period of time (which is not super likely, since it is perfectly drivable), ask for a loaner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.