Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noticed a pretty good puff of smoke when I started up this morning. Anything to worry about? Probably around 10 outside temp but maybe 30 in the garage (if it matters).

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it was the blue smelly smoke, like oil burn off. Pretty good puff right at start, then it went to the white vapor. Wind was blowing into the garage and I was looking at the driver rear view mirror so I noticed the blue smoke. I left right after and closed the garage. Came home about 10 minutes later and could still smell it in the garage and could see the smoke floating around by the headlights, so it was a decent cloud of smoke.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,204 Posts
No, it was the blue smelly smoke, like oil burn off.
From the link...

The smoke is light or dark blue: The vehicle is burning oil, which can indicate that oil is leaking into the combustion chambers and you may need to have your valve stem seals replaced or your engine rebuilt or replaced.
Take it in and have them take a look at it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Next how many miles do you have on your car??? how did you brake in your engine???

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the link...

Take it in and have them take a look at it.
Yah, saw your link after I replied. I know enough about cars that blue smoke is typically oil. I'd be more concerned if it was constant, but it was just at fire up then went away. If it keeps doing it, there is definitely an issue, so I'll keep an eye on it. Will probably start the car with the garage door closed the next few days so I can check the air.

Next how many miles do you have on your car??? how did you brake in your engine???
13k or so. Didn't do anything special, just drove the car. Changed factory oil at 7500.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts