Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing halos and i took apart the headlight assembly and i was looking at the hideous amber accents for the parking lights.. i was thinking about making clear replicas but instead i smoked them with spray tint.. turned out well IMO.

when the silicon dries and i remount the headlights and everything i will post more pictures of the finalized product

·
1 UP
1,467 Posts
copy cater.... :lmao:

·
Corvalis TTX
5,594 Posts
I am doing halos and i took apart the headlight assembly and i was looking at the hideous amber accents for the parking lights.. i was thinking about making clear replicas but instead i smoked them with spray tint.. turned out well IMO.

when the silicon dries and i remount the headlights and everything i will post more pictures of the finalized product
You don't want to use silicon inside headlight housings nor for sealing headlight housings. The silicon gives off gases that will eat away at the deposited aluminum reflector material. You need to use a proper butyl sealer, such as the stuff available here

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don't want to use silicon inside headlight housings nor for sealing headlight housings. The silicon gives off gases that will eat away at the deposited aluminum reflector material. You need to use a proper butyl sealer, such as the stuff available here
im not resealing them with silicon.. im mounting the halos with silicone im putting them back in the oven and then heating the glue back up and them im going to take them out and wrap and knot a towel as tight as i can around each side

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
trithumb=genius!!!

how do you use spray tint??? please advise where to buy?

·
Registered
72 Posts
im not resealing them with silicon.. im mounting the halos with silicone im putting them back in the oven and then heating the glue back up and them im going to take them out and wrap and knot a towel as tight as i can around each side
What kind of silicone are you using? If its the regular caulking type, you should look into reinforcing it with some more heat resistant silicone rubber or black silicone. Like markus said regular silicone might not be heat resistant enough and could destroy the inside of your headlight.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of silicone are you using? If its the regular caulking type, you should look into reinforcing it with some more heat resistant silicone rubber or black silicone. Like markus said regular silicone might not be heat resistant enough and could destroy the inside of your headlight.
I dont remember the brand. But its my fathers and hes an electrician. They use it on all sorts of stuff and the back says its stable up to 400 degrees so it should be fine

trithumb=genius!!!

how do you use spray tint??? please advise where to buy?
spray tint is just like spray paint. Look around for it online... ( dont get night shade brand) but most other brands are fine. Your going to want to practice on something you dont care about... card board or something. cuz you want to get an even coat. Its harder on large objects... If ur doing multiple things. count your strokes. I went over the side markers 5 times each example left right left right left then went to the second. If you want it really dark just keep going. the more you put on the darker itll get. I dont suggest doing more then 5 passes on one thing otherwise itll start to run.. wait an hour and do another coat

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do mine =b
take them out ship them to me lol ill take care of it for ya lol you gotta get them outa the headlight lol one oven burn is enough

1 - 10 of 10 Posts