Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This touch up paint has been on for almost two months on the rain guard roof part. The size of the area touched up is the size of a pencil eraser Will Blob Eliminator from Lankga help smooth and level this out? and After I would use compund that's safe for clear coats and apply black fire polish over it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have the blob eliminator tee'd up for my next AG order. Looks worth a try. Lots of TU spots on my 2003 to test it out on.

If I get to test it out before you get any other answers on here, I'll be sure to post my findings.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
I didn't have much luck with the blob eliminator but I was using it on long scratches rather than a chip...good luck...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Will Blob Eliminator from Lankga help smooth and level this out?
No. Lankga needs to be used within 24 hrs of applying the touch up. At least according to their instructions that you could have easily looked up. Good luck.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
What did the original chip look like? Looks like there is WAY too much applied, but I'd like to see what it looked like

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Langka works well but took away the clear on my touch up

that was from tap sap that etched into my paint. the size of the affected area is the size of the pencil eraser.

I used Langka to level out the paint and it worked really well. only problem is, it made the touch up paint on the affected area DULL.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Once again I'm wrong. Not the 1st time. Good to see the Langka smoothed it out even after 2 months! Maybe a little clear coat will help your result. It's available in little bottles (Duplicolor?) just like normal touch up colors. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts