Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vroom! Vroom!
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i never really had a car before i drove a SUV and now that i have an accord i was thinking of playing in the snow with it. Private property that I can do what i want on.

But I just had some questions,
1. how many inches of snow should i do this on? Sleet/Snow/Ice impact?
2. Is there anything bad about doing this.... donuts/sideways etc.
(when i refer to bad i mean bad to my car side effects of doing so could lead to..)
(like will snow fly up into my engine etc)

3. besides running into poles and potholes what else should i beware of ?
can i go over my tire marks made in the snow?
4. It will not really effect my tires right, because of the snow?

I know these are childish questions which i already probably know the answers to but i thought i get a confirmation. I know many of you will probably disagree with this idea but i am only 20 years old and wanna have some fun out in the snow this year and again its private property of a friend so I can use it.

4dr sedan 2010 accord.. its not lowered also

thanks in advance,
Jay

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
I went sliding through the rain to see how good the traction control is. I was surprised at how good it was at cutting fuel and braking to keep the car going where it was supposed to go.

As for snow, no idea, but I think decades of kids doing crazy crap in parking lots to no ill effect (short of hitting a pole) would indicate it's OK. Don't worry about the engine bay, it has a splalsh guard for that reason.

Edit: Seatbelt and watch for snow banks. I wouldn't be shocked to hear they can set off the airbags if hit hard enough. With everything new, start slow. Probably do it alone too so you don't have idiot friends egging you on to do progressively dumber stuff.

·
Honda Nation
1,678 Posts
Trying to do donuts in a front wheel drive car is a lot like having sex with your pants on. It can be done but boy is it tricky and takes too much effort.

·
Registered
100 Posts
1. Just don't drive in deep snow so if you do get stuck you can easily pull out and drive home safely later.
2. Nothing bad but keep your vsa off or you'll have no fun and try not to have it at high rpms for a long time. Splash guard will keep your engine clean
3. Keep away from curbs. The amount of cars that hit the curb trying to slide is too high

It will sound rough and bad when you slide on the snow but its all okay. I've been using the accord to play in the snow for the past 3 years and its all good. Just be weary of your surroundings. Keep some tow cables so if you do get stuck you can pull out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
There may be obstructions in parking lots that cannot be seen when snow covered, so make sure you case out the location BEFORE a heavy snow fall so you don't end up with an unpleasant, and potentially expensive surprise!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts