Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my DDM Tuning 6000k 35w HIDs on my Accord the other day and I realized that the bulbs do not fit quite snugly into the bulb socket behind the headlights. I was searching around and I read that the rubber o rings that came with the kit are supposed to go around the bulb socket area to ensure a snug fit.

I installed the rubber o rings and the bulbs are still somewhat kind of loose. My concern is, is it okay to put the rubber o rings there? Would there be any issues of melting or other damage down the road? And is it also okay to layer more rubber o rings to ensure a tighter fit? I just dont want the bulbs to fall out as I'm driving or anything. :dunno:

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I didn't even use the orings at it fits fine will it cause a problem later?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Vixen :)

I haven't looked at the OEM rings, they must be thicker than what came with DDM Tuning right? I'll have a look at that when I get a chance to go home. xD

Chris, I don't think it will be a problem if it fits fine. The only thing I could think of is moisture getting into your headlights if there's not a snug enough fit? I'm not sure. =/

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, I don't think I could take a picture of how the bulb fits into the slot, but I'll take a picture of the bulbs. I'm pretty sure it's the 9006 bulb, I was comparing it to the rest of the bulbs and it everyone else looked completely off. Maybe I got a defected pair? Everything else works though. Here's a picture of the lights.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the bulbs DDM Tuning sent me are 9005 bulbs instead of 9006. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if it matters, but if anyone was wondering, I solved the problem by using thicker o rings (found at any local hardware store) around the base of the hid bulb adapter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if it matters, but if anyone was wondering, I solved the problem by using thicker o rings (found at any local hardware store) around the base of the hid bulb adapter.
Mine are so loose one nearly fell out while driving... even duct tape won't hold them in place!! I'm going to try the o-ring trick tomorrow, thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts