• cannot make up my mind

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a bit tired of my fully blacked out grill and decided to get me some hella horns/sickspeed horns.

It's a lot more noticeable than I anticipated, that being said I think it's too much and I will be going back to oem.

The entire car looks different now so I'm seeing how I like them in about a month when I go to swap out the headlight housings. I saved my old horn and if I think it's too much then I will put the oem ones back in. Or I may paint the gold housings a different less potent color =.

Anyhoo lemme know what you think. I can take a beating lol so let it all out folks.

Attachments

·
8th Gen Believer
3,816 Posts
Doesn't do a thing for me.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Nice turbos bro!

The stock horns are ugly, try painting the new ones to a gloss black color (or wrap it)?

·
CB7 to CS2
48 Posts
Not a fan of the vtec badge, this post just reminded me I have Hella Horns I bought last year and didn't get around to putting them on, did you have to make a relay?

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no relay needed. I just bought proper clips for the oem harness so I did not have to cut any wires. Then the second wire on each horn I grounded to the chassis. Super simple, but you do need to remove the bumper to do it easily, which is also really easy. 5 mins it takes to remove the bumper

Honestly the sound of the horns is horrendous. I think that is now my main concern lol.

I think I am going to go back to the oem horns and paint the 3.5 vtec badge gold as I have some crazy epoxy paint that should last forever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts