Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...my driver's side blend door motor (MOTOR ASSY., AIR MIX (DRIVER)) for my heater. The motor is either stuck, dead, or disconnected. The only way I can get heat is to blast the heater on high fan, recirculate, and let the passenger's side heat up and recirculate the air until the heat somewhat blows on the driver's side. Does anybody have any clue on how to reach it so I can look at it? I know I need to at least remove the stereo to look at it. Does anyone know where the motor is located exactly or what it looks like so I can replace it? Also, how difficult would the repair be? Would it be better to take the car to the dealership, or would I be better off taking my car to a local A/C and radiator shop? Help me out. On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the most difficult and time consuming), what would you rate the repair for this problem?

I really don't wanna freeze my butt off in my car this winter season lol.

The part is #7 from Honda Automotive Parts (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...R+EX+(V6)&catcgry4=KA6MT&catcgry5=HEATER+UNIT).

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually, after a little Googling, I think I might've found what I'm looking for: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=406701&postcount=2. Thanks Princess!

Turns out the air mix motor is under the driver's dash. Anyone wanna chime in on this and give me any helpful hints or advice before I go messing with this part?

I remember running across a thread once for a tutorial on how to run a HVAC self diagnostic by pressing a button combination on my A/C controls. Does anybody know how to do that, or can you link me to that thread so I can see if I can retrieve any codes?

·
Super Moderator
4,311 Posts
I can check in my service manual for the diagnosis procedure when I get home. I only remember the single zone off the top of my head since that is what I have.

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what do the DTC numbers mean?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts