Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as some of you may know from my "stuck caliper bolt" thread, i mentioned that i got a crack in my windshield thanks to a rock that flew off a 4x4 on the highway. i got the windshield replaced on wednesday, thankfully my insurance covered everything.

i noticed that the windshield wipers were a little bit "off", though. like.. i could see more of them from my normal seating position than i did with the old windshield.

just today, 48hrs after getting it done, i decided to spray the windshield with the windshield fluid, to give the wipers a shot and make sure they were still working properly. didn't wanna do crap with the windshield until exactly 48hrs after, like my service advisor advised me to lol.

they work fine.... and i do need to put in more windshield wiper fluid BUT that's not the point lmao......
the issue i'm having is that the driver-side blade knocks against the edge of the windshield during use. every time. lol its kinda funny, but bothersome at the same time. i'm not sure if a... molding(?) is missing from the windshield or whatever, but i do feel like something is missing lol, or the wipers need to be adjusted/repositioned somehow (if that's possible). OR if i need to go back to safelite and raise hell. lol.

i attached a couple of pics for reference. i couldn't get the blade to stop at the complete edge as i was in a rush to get some sort of decent pics but hopefully you guys understand what i'm trying to get at anyway lol.

Attachments

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
You should get in touch with Safelight, if something is off it may cause a different problem later.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. I'll call them tomorrow. Good thing it didn't rain I guess, haha.

·
Registered
509 Posts
the wipers should pull off pretty easy and they just need to be reseated. Basically that circle at the bottom of the wiper sits in grooves and weren't placed in the proper spot when they were put back. Usually, the shop would mark where the wiper was before hand like a piece of tape on the window or something. Pull them off, and put it down a little bit. That way the arc won't go over as far.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I'll take a look at it tomorrow and post another pic. I'm in for the night lol. Definitely gonna call Safelite too though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Easy fix bro. I work in a dealer nd its a common problem when people get windshield replaced. Just take the nut off at the end of the wiper then pull up at the base and turn it down a spot. its has splines so you can feel how many spots you going over.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update! Good news.

I ended up going to Safelite this morning (made an appt over the phone) since I was already out running errands and such. Set my appt for 10am, got there at 9:30 and was out the door in 5 minutes. Lol. No molding is missing, the driver-side blade was just too high. I asked my service advisor how the heck he did it and he mentioned the same thing you did, Chris! So thank you. Next time I'll do it myself haha.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i can't win lol :/

A month, some days, and many rainy days later... I notice this this morning... not sure if I should go to Honda or contact Safelite. Advice?

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
What's the problem?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Honda won't do a damn thing for you. Go to safelite and have them fix it. I'm sure their labor is guaranteed.

Reactions: teezythakidd

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honda won't do a damn thing for you. Go to safelite and have them fix it. I'm sure their labor is guaranteed.
Lmao :( okay then haha, I'll set an appt for tomorrow morning or something. Safelite hasn't given me trouble when I went back to have them "fix" my wipers, even though I know [now] how to do it myself. Hopefully they won't give me the runaround this time. I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Always go with OEM Distributor Glass, especially if insurance is footing the bill. OEM glass is made to the exact same specs as the factory glass, but does not have the Honda emblem on it. Usually PPG, Pilkington, and AP Tech qualify for this designation. Keep in mind the windshield acts partially as a structural support for the car as well. Also, using OEM grade glass ensures you don't take a hit when you trade the car in or turn it in on lease. I had a Pilkington installed in my '11 Accord and was very happy with it.

http://www.carwindshields.info/windshield-manufacturers-oem-dealer-and-aftermarket

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Always go with OEM Distributor Glass, especially if insurance is footing the bill. OEM glass is made to the exact same specs as the factory glass, but does not have the Honda emblem on it. Usually PPG, Pilkington, and AP Tech qualify for this designation. Keep in mind the windshield acts partially as a structural support for the car as well. Also, using OEM grade glass ensures you don't take a hit when you trade the car in or turn it in on lease. I had a Pilkington installed in my '11 Accord and was very happy with it.

Windshield Manufacturers: OEM, Dealer, and aftermarket
......... the glass they used is PPG. My insurance covered everything.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Get that leak taken care of asap, going to rot and rust out in no time. I would also notify your insurance if you used an insurance approved shop.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Get that leak taken care of asap, going to rot and rust out in no time. I would also notify your insurance if you used an insurance approved shop.
Spoke with Safelite earlier this morning (after being transferred 100 times smh...) and I have an appointment set for tomorrow at 11am. Hope this works out in my favor. I'm really bothered by the spot.

Oh, speaking of, look at what I found inside after pulling back the weatherstrip and headliner a bit.. not sure how long its been there anyway but looks at most a day old. Its definitely dead. After putting the headliner and weatherstrip back together, I saw a little gnat-like critter crawling up around the visor.The spot is still wet to the touch, too. I'm trying not to worry and stress much.

Push comes to shove, though, would I need to get a new headliner? Or is that something that can be repaired (I presume by Honda, on Saelite's behalf if Safelite is actually at fault)?

Edit: I forgot to rotate the picture again lol

Attachments

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Spoke with Safelite earlier this morning (after being transferred 100 times smh...) and I have an appointment set for tomorrow at 11am. Hope this works out in my favor. I'm really bothered by the spot.

Oh, speaking of, look at what I found inside after pulling back the weatherstrip and headliner a bit.. not sure how long its been there anyway but looks at most a day old. Its definitely dead. After putting the headliner and weatherstrip back together, I saw a little gnat-like critter crawling up around the visor.The spot is still wet to the touch, too. I'm trying not to worry and stress much.

Push comes to shove, though, would I need to get a new headliner? Or is that something that can be repaired (I presume by Honda, on Saelite's behalf if Safelite is actually at fault)?

Edit: I forgot to rotate the picture again lol
Um is that a cricket? :0

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Lmfao dude I have no idea!!
That's crazy, they must have had your car with the windshield off in the repair shop for a day or so... don't know how else he could get in there.

If anything is wet in there I would make a case to have it replaced. Nothing worse than a mildew stink that never goes away.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's crazy, they must have had your car with the windshield off in the repair shop for a day or so... don't know how else he could get in there.

If anything is wet in there I would make a case to have it replaced. Nothing worse than a mildew stink that never goes away.
Lol!! It actually took a little over an hour or so when I went last month. I was expecting it to take much longer. Idk how the heck that sucker could've gotten in either though lol. Its starting to dry up outside finally though, should I leave the driver-side window cracked to let some fresh air get in?

Btw, I also tested the sunroof drains, and found no error.
Opened the sunroof all the way, poured water down inside the channel and the water escaped the way it should, right at the wheel well. The water spot on the headliner didn't get any worse when I did this either, and I did the test a couple of times. Guess I can eliminate the possibility of the drain tube leaking? At this point I'm wiling to bet that its windshield seal going bad or maybe the weatherstrip on the door.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts