Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
'08 AcCoupe I4w/Navi
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been fun. 3 Years of DA and I've decided to give up the 2008 Accord Coupe. Plagued by numerous paint issues I've decided to treat myself since I just graduated with my Masters. I'll still lurk around but till next time: Thanks for the Fun!

Here are some pics of my new ride!

·
MSM SPORT
262 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and getting your master's degree!:thmsup: Enjoy your Infinity!

·
Corvalis TTX
5,594 Posts
Nice ride, but who in their right mind would buy an Infiniti (hint: see my sig)?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Good choice on the new ride and congrats on the masters.

·
Registered
851 Posts
nice and congrats on your masters

·
Registered
86 Posts
seems the missing factor to being able to pick an infiniti over the accord is a masters degree...

nice one :thmsup:

u got the sport package too! is it a 6spd?

·
In Reverse
662 Posts
Nice car, I love the exhaust, same sound as the 350z. What Masters did you obtain? Congrats!

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Very nice, I was looking at those when buying my Accord (yea, i know they are different cars). Let us know if you plan on modifying that baby :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Fantastic choice and fantastic color as well. I think the G37's look so good in silver. While I don't have a masters, I could certainly afford a G37 but I just don't want to pay that much money for a car. My price ceiling is $30K and the only way I could get a G37 coupe for that money is a used one, and I don't buy used cars any more. But man I can't fault you for the purchase, you get the RWD drive performance of a BMW but the reliability of Japanese manufacturing and assembly. Enjoy your car, and congrats on the masters.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sooooo pretty....And Congrats on the graduate degree!

·
Gota love BLUE
643 Posts
congrats its a good car..enjoy

·
'08 AcCoupe I4w/Navi
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all! For those I've been saving up for 7yrs to finally plop down on an Infiniti. I leased my '08 with no money down and kept my payments low to keep allowing me to save for the G. I originally fell in love with the G35 but soon as the 37s came out I knew that was it. Loving the car!

Nice car, I love the exhaust, same sound as the 350z. What Masters did you obtain? Congrats!
I got a dual masters in Public Administration and Health Administration. Currently working at a major trauma hospital here in FL so I think I'm doing alright! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have been debating for a few months about when it is time to replace my '02 accord (~180k mi) whether to go with a G Coupe, which I have always loved the style and power, or stick with an accord again. I am on my third one now and have always swayed away from honda to get something else and then come right back due to dependability, quality, low maintenance costs, etc. (this order: 84 accord, 86 buick, 76 blazer, 97 accord, 95 tacoma, 99 yukon, 02 accord) I been lurking quite a bit also on the myG37 forums so see what folks over there say about them, maintenance, quality, dependability, etc. I am interested in knowing since you are someone who has made the switch, what got you to pull the trigger, etc... Thanks in advance.

·
Autobot Gunner
417 Posts
Very nice ride! And congrats on getting your Master's degree, I'm about to finish mine as well (clinks drink glasses)

·
09ACCORDCOUPE
599 Posts
Congrats on your masters and a very nice car my friend. 2 major accomplishments.:thmsup:

·
Corvalis TTX
5,594 Posts
I have been debating for a few months about when it is time to replace my '02 accord (~180k mi) whether to go with a G Coupe, which I have always loved the style and power, or stick with an accord again. I am on my third one now and have always swayed away from honda to get something else and then come right back due to dependability, quality, low maintenance costs, etc. (this order: 84 accord, 86 buick, 76 blazer, 97 accord, 95 tacoma, 99 yukon, 02 accord) I been lurking quite a bit also on the myG37 forums so see what folks over there say about them, maintenance, quality, dependability, etc. I am interested in knowing since you are someone who has made the switch, what got you to pull the trigger, etc... Thanks in advance.

Well I've had my 2009 G37X sedan for almost a year now and I haven't had a single problem with it. My only complaints are engine noise when the engine is cold - it makes a ruckus when cold. Once it's warmed up it's fine. Before my G I had a 2006 M35X. Over 3.5 years nothing went wrong with it. Both cars have been much more reliable than my Accord has.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well I've had my 2009 G37X sedan for almost a year now and I haven't had a single problem with it. My only complaints are engine noise when the engine is cold - it makes a ruckus when cold. Once it's warmed up it's fine. Before my G I had a 2006 M35X. Over 3.5 years nothing went wrong with it. Both cars have been much more reliable than my Accord has.
sorry to hijack this thread....

Do you follow the strict 3750mi synthetic oil changes they recommend or push it out longer like Honda recommends ~7500mi?

I been wanting something more luxurious, faster, and with less road noise than my 150hp accord, and have always loved the styling of the G coupe and sedans. My concerns are only inflated due to what I read over on the G forum. So either i will be a getting a V6 accord or G 37. Being able to chat with people that have Hondas and Infinitis help.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts