Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am totally new to all this as you can tell by other post. I already have 8000k HID low, 6000k Hid Fogs--- not my fault but looks ok. I want the best lighting for the trunk lights as well as DRL'S I have a bulb in the strip there now that lights up ok but you can tell that is not powerful enough to light the whole strip when it gets dark but i really want DRL'S. Is there anything people really recommend that is quality in lights? All work would be done by a auto shop. i thought about buying touring light but I don't know if i have to replace whole unit or what? Thanks and much appreciation. Some of guys cars on here are sick .

Over 35 hits with no replies. What do i NEED to do to get the experts out to comment? I have searched many hours on this as well as may other sights but I just don't understand there lingo and terms people use. Somebody always says something different on whats good and not. i just want something concrete and explainable

·
Thunder Up!
3,020 Posts
You will not get the brightness like the v6 LED strip. Ever. Leave that expectation at the door. To replace the headlight with a v6 headlight would mean you'd also need a wiring harness. It can get pricey buying 2 lights, 2 harnesses, time spend installing, etc. Probably better to just put that towards a v6 in the first place..

If you're wanting an LED for the strip, trunk and wherever else it might help to include a rough idea about what you'd like to spend. There are $1 LED's and then there are $40 LED's. You do get what you pay for with LED's for the most part. Also, what color temp do you want? 5k? 6k? 8k? Hopefully nothing higher than 6k. Even that is quite blue. 5k LED's are harder to find and generally more expensive, but they look better that's for sure.

Your trunk, license plate, dome light, map lights (if you have one), strip, door courtesy light (if you have one)..are all T10. You have to watch out for the length and overall size of the LED or LED panel as the orientation of each spot is a little different. The map lights point straight to the ground, whereas the dome light is oriented horizontally. etc etc.

EXLED makes quality stuff, but they're pricey and they seem to be 'too busy' for certain people lately. Kind of upsetting. The Phillips t10 LED ($12ish for 2 LED's) are quality bulbs on Amazon. They're going to be 5k and have a long lifespan. Good warranty. I've tried the 20smd LED's from Zonetech/etc, 20smd and 10smd panels, etc etc. They're all too blue. I'd say 6k or ever so slightly higher than that. Ordering a bunch of the Phillips bulbs today actually

Welcome to the forums btw

·
Vroom Vroom
374 Posts
I bought v6 headlights for $220 on eBay, new. Sold my stock lights for $100 and made the harness for about $40... Just one relay, wire, and some connectors is all it took. Out the door price to have the v6 led DRLs was only $160.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will not get the brightness like the v6 LED strip. Ever. Leave that expectation at the door. To replace the headlight with a v6 headlight would mean you'd also need a wiring harness. It can get pricey buying 2 lights, 2 harnesses, time spend installing, etc. Probably better to just put that towards a v6 in the first place..

If you're wanting an LED for the strip, trunk and wherever else it might help to include a rough idea about what you'd like to spend. There are $1 LED's and then there are $40 LED's. You do get what you pay for with LED's for the most part. Also, what color temp do you want? 5k? 6k? 8k? Hopefully nothing higher than 6k. Even that is quite blue. 5k LED's are harder to find and generally more expensive, but they look better that's for sure.

Your trunk, license plate, dome light, map lights (if you have one), strip, door courtesy light (if you have one)..are all T10. You have to watch out for the length and overall size of the LED or LED panel as the orientation of each spot is a little different. The map lights point straight to the ground, whereas the dome light is oriented horizontally. etc etc.

EXLED makes quality stuff, but they're pricey and they seem to be 'too busy' for certain people lately. Kind of upsetting. The Phillips t10 LED ($12ish for 2 LED's) are quality bulbs on Amazon. They're going to be 5k and have a long lifespan. Good warranty. I've tried the 20smd LED's from Zonetech/etc, 20smd and 10smd panels, etc etc. They're all too blue. I'd say 6k or ever so slightly higher than that. Ordering a bunch of the Phillips bulbs today actually

Welcome to the forums btw
My man! lol! Hey appreciate the information and time. Will look into all these.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts