Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

So what did you do to your 7th gen today?

2M views 18K replies 803 participants last post by  midnight witch 
#1 ·
this should be a nice thread that goes long & long. post what you did to your car today whether it was good or bad!

i removed both door panels. my passenger door for the past 2 days due to the rain has somehow got water on my speaker grill and also on the passenger floor carpet. i sealed up the rest of the door and sealed up the grommets even more w/ silicone on both door skins and underneath the carpet and lets hope it doesnt leak anymore.

i got a few things to do on sunday on my day off!

#2 ·
i did the leather conditioning thing today and cleaned under the hood, i've been trying to dedicate myself to keeping it up at least once a week and realized i hadnt touched under the hood since i bought it so i got something good accomplished. its been raining here all week so i'm not gonna waste my time washing the outside this weekend until it clears up

#7 ·
...gave it a fresh tank of gas and had its windows cleaned, I'm not going to worry about cleaning it until it comes back from the body shop, I'm finally getting the two major dents and all the door dings taken care of...

cheers,

Lorne Miller
05 EX-L deep green pearl with ivory
96 Odyssey taffeta white with sage

#11 ·
today, i fixed up quite a couple of things with my car.

- i applied another coat some 3m adhesive on my bubbling left a-pillar, but that only seems to reduce the appearance of the bubbles in the mornings. oh well, ill live with the small, minor bubble and forget about it for now.

- i got upset on my commute to work yesterday (orlando unsychronized stoplights) and hit my drivers armrest and loosened the edge next to the leather hide on the door panel. thank god i had the 3m adhesive handy when i got home. a little careful spraying and removal of excess glue brought the armrest back to a secure state. (i know, i could have probably lied and told my dealer it loosened up somehow and get the pillars fixed at the same time under warranty, but i really do not want to take the chance of a stupid service advisor laughing in my face or showing me the door. plus, the new pillars they install could bubble again, unless they install the plastic ones from an lx or se model, or they could cause rattles ripping apart my door panel. i never really have the time to stop there between working full-time and going to school full-time)

- i also finally got around to cleaning my car tonight thoroughly and tried out a new wax called nxt 2.0 from meguiar's. i was out in the dark buffing the wax off the surface so ill see how well the water beads off the car with the morning condensation. supposedly, the wax allows the water to roll off of the car according to the bottle, but i guess ill find out for myself in the morning.

i hope that the pillars will not get any worse with the bubbling or else i just may take it and leave the car with the dealership and be adamant about getting it fixed. well anyways, the car is cleaned up now inside and out so no more cleaning, at least not for another 2 weeks.

#12 ·
I think my question is "what did my 7g make ME do today?" Had to take a 90 minute round trip to the Honda dealer to buy a brake switch b/c I had no brake lights. Today was not a happy Honda day for me - especially when the saleperson tracked me through the dealership on the way to the parts dept.

What I would have liked to do is wash/clay/wax but that is a big no-no around here.

#13 ·
i lost my keys today to the car =(

#15 ·
drove it to the car wash. and gonna clay/wax monday :thmsup:. also filled it up with 76 gas :)

#17 ·
installed my Rockford Fosgate 400-4 4channel amp and hooked up my factory radio to my pioneer (FTW!). and spent $53 fillin 'er up w/ gas. now its gonna get dirty later goin to my friends later out west!

#18 ·
Gave mine it's FIRST bath in my driveway.

Filled up for the FIRST time, 21.05 mpg. I've had my foot in it almost constantly, and the air on half the time, I was amazed I broke 20!!!

Drove her down one of my favorite zoom roads and pushed the limit on a few onramps...trying to get a better feel for the handling before I swap in a rear TL bar.

Fun fun. I like this car more and more every day I own it.

#19 ·
well I tried to remove dents from the roof and trunk using the dry ice tirck. we had some bad storms in midwest and don't want to claim it on my insurance. Anyway didn't had much luck. It only reduce the size of the dent.

#23 ·
Put in a bulk-pack of Dynamat Extreme. I did the entire trunk/rear fenders and the rear deck. No more rattles when my two 10's hit. I'll start a thread when I'm done with my mods that are in progress....should be sometime near the end of this week.

SB