Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

13881 - 13900 of 14405 Posts

·
HK Moderator
13,933 Posts
Gave my niece a ride in it to dinner last night. She wants my Accord- had to tell her to stand down. She argued for 10 minutes why had to sell it to her.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
What were the reasons?

As for what I did today. My fob battery died so I had to break into the car which fired off the alarm. Since I have the key I was able to start it but not shut off the damn alarm. I decided to go straight home and get the spare key. You get a lot of stares driving down the road with your alarm blaring.

After about 4-5 blocks the alarm stops. Walmart is right there so I figure I'd pull in and get a new battery for the fob. I park and turn off the car and when I open the door there goes the alarm again. So I fire it back up again and head home. After another 4-5 blocks the alarm quits. Meathead me thinks "I wonder what the lock/unlock button does while the car is in this alarmed state. As soon as I push the buttons there goes the alarm again. Son-of-a-... I nearly punched myself upside the head.

So I call my wife and ask her to get the spare key and be out by the curb so when I pull up and open the door she can shut the damn thing off. She did. Goodness that alarm is annoying. I headed back to Wally and got a new battery. What an amazing experience.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Received my replacement 1616 batteries from Amazon. $6 for 20. It was $8 for 1 and 5 were $7?????
One key has a dead battery. Gonna change the batts in all 6 keys (3 Accords) before I have to actually use a key in the keyhole again

Fun fact. The 2007 does not even have a trunk key hole. The first night I had it I spent 10 mins looking for the keyhole in a dark parking lot. Only had the "dead" key with me.

·
ziptie princess
1,312 Posts
What were the reasons?

As for what I did today. My fob battery died so I had to break into the car which fired off the alarm. Since I have the key I was able to start it but not shut off the damn alarm. I decided to go straight home and get the spare key. You get a lot of stares driving down the road with your alarm blaring.

After about 4-5 blocks the alarm stops. Walmart is right there so I figure I'd pull in and get a new battery for the fob. I park and turn off the car and when I open the door there goes the alarm again. So I fire it back up again and head home. After another 4-5 blocks the alarm quits. Meathead me thinks "I wonder what the lock/unlock button does while the car is in this alarmed state. As soon as I push the buttons there goes the alarm again. Son-of-a-... I nearly punched myself upside the head.

So I call my wife and ask her to get the spare key and be out by the curb so when I pull up and open the door she can shut the damn thing off. She did. Goodness that alarm is annoying. I headed back to Wally and got a new battery. What an amazing experience.
i had a 92 maxima with a factory alarm and for reasons only known to nissan it didn’t use a fob, just the key

one of the many delightful electrical gremlins that car had when i got it at ~220k was that sometimes the alarm would go off when you unlocked the door. or when you locked it. or when you looked at it funny.

eventually i just took the relay for the horn out, so the lights would just flash instead

·
Registered
106 Posts
How did you get that from the post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems Nate recognized the particular shade of makeup in the compact my son borrowed for its mirror

·
ziptie princess
1,312 Posts
I've run a clear version of tht same knob for years in my S12. (y)
i had a clear one in the s13 and the combination of the circuit sports short shifter and a rushed 1-2 trying to keep from getting hit by a truck caused it to explode in my hand lol

replaced it with a pink one for the #aesthetic

·
7th Gear
1,542 Posts
After persistent squeaks from the door seals and water leaks thru the car wash and with the heavy rains we've been having, I finally resolved both and tightened the doors up today. With the sagging seals, I pulled them back and pinched the seal together to form the crimp again, wiped all seals with shin-etsu grease and pulled the strikers inboard a few mm to enhance the fit of the door to the unibody.

i had a clear one in the s13 and the combination of the circuit sports short shifter and a rushed 1-2 trying to keep from getting hit by a truck caused it to explode in my hand lol

replaced it with a pink one for the #aesthetic
I have a Tomei Duracon knob in it now, and a Circuit Sports V3 shifter that's been sitting on the shelf forever. Maybe I'll install it this winter.

My friends made fun of me for having the "Boom-stick" to row the gears with.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Today was the 7th gen turn on the lift... changed the brake fluid, inspected the suspension, brakes and drive shafts (all look great, actually). Rotated tires. Changed the oil and filter.

Also discovered that the car has a leak, could be the freakin PS line slow leak, just like various other threads show. Sigh. I need to look into this a bit more and understand it.

EDIT: actually, PS is not what leaks... I am having a very slow leak / drip at the heater valve. Odd... as I already replaced that once. Then the coolant drips down and makes it look like there is a leak in the PS line... maybe I need to replace the valve and associated hoses (although nothing was visibly cracked).

·
ziptie princess
1,312 Posts
I have a Tomei Duracon knob in it now, and a Circuit Sports V3 shifter that's been sitting on the shelf forever. Maybe I'll install it this winter.

My friends made fun of me for having the "Boom-stick" to row the gears with.
those tomeis are great, the circuit sports shifter... not so much. keep your stock one around. only reason i have one is because my car is 5 speed swapped and i bought the transmission from some kid at a drift event for like $100 (he rebuilt it with rtv, i'm pretty sure i overpaid but i haven't managed to blow it up yet) and it didn't come with a shifter and the cs one was the cheapest i could find.

==
to keep this on topic, uh, i took it to the store for more bread flour. someone in a gold 8th gen went out of their way to park next to me and really highlighted how ugly the 8th gen is compared to the 7th gen (which is boring but not terrible)

also as much as i hate the Old Man Gold of my car the 8th gen gold is even worse, super gross

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,040 Posts
those tomeis are great, the circuit sports shifter... not so much. keep your stock one around. only reason i have one is because my car is 5 speed swapped and i bought the transmission from some kid at a drift event for like $100 (he rebuilt it with rtv, i'm pretty sure i overpaid but i haven't managed to blow it up yet) and it didn't come with a shifter and the cs one was the cheapest i could find.

==
to keep this on topic, uh, i took it to the store for more bread flour. someone in a gold 8th gen went out of their way to park next to me and really highlighted how ugly the 8th gen is compared to the 7th gen (which is boring but not terrible)

also as much as i hate the Old Man Gold of my car the 8th gen gold is even worse, super gross
Not to mention the 8th gen dash design is terrible to boot.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,040 Posts
Got a pic?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
996 Posts
My drive belt tensioner started rattling recently. Normally, I'd replace it myself, but since I'm away from home, and need to drive 5000 km back I'm gonna have the local dealer do the job. I don't want to throw the belt and be stranded in the middle of nowhere. Winter and snow is starting to take over the highways too. They quoted $460 CAD, which is $220 in parts and 2 hours labour. It probably doesn't take that long, but otherwise the price seems reasonable. Video of rattling below:

13881 - 13900 of 14405 Posts