Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

14021 - 14040 of 14095 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Smother the light but the let the problem simmer even more?! It's like pulling the warning light fuse on a jet plane and ending up in a crash. You need to check or replace the O2 sensor or you are looking at a even more expensive catalytic converter to replace.
I had not sensors fixed but bank 2 is the one that is making the engine light come on. But it just needs to a ring removed to make tighter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I d wa
Smother the light but the let the problem simmer even more?! It's like pulling the warning light fuse on a jet plane and ending up in a crash. You need to check or replace the O2 sensor or you are looking at a even more expensive catalytic converter to replace.
I don't want a new catalytic converter. My cat is hollow and planned on putting a straight pipe on it. But that will be at a later date when I get the money.

·
Super Moderator
13,210 Posts
I d wa

I don't want a new catalytic converter. My cat is hollow and planned on putting a straight pipe on it. But that will be at a later date when I get the money.
Hollow catalytic converter and a straight pipe!

Why subject others to your noise, poverty, and need for attention?

·
Registered
369 Posts
How much does it cost to get a new key? My key fell out and broke from the plastic part. I only have the plastic n buttons. Lost actual key part.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hollow catalytic converter and a straight pipe!

Why subject others to your noise, poverty, and need for attention?
Because the cat is already hollow and was the cause of the O2 sensor. I replaced both of them and the second one is the problem. The car has 244500k miles on it. I'll be driving it fro awhile til I can afford a better one and newer year.

·
ziptie princess
1,217 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
I had not sensors fixed but bank 2 is the one that is making the engine light come on. But it just needs to a ring removed to make tighter.
Just remove the entire exhaust system already if you are doing it this way. At the same time, you smell the heavy unfiltered exhaust fumes while driving also. You need to spend money going to an exhaust shop and make it a straight pipe because there is an exhaust resonator, so if don't have the budget then just cut the exhaust off already with a sawzall.

I don't get why people have no money and think this is 'getting them going for a while'. If you want to fix that light another cheap way, use an 90 degree O2 defouler adapter.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
How much does it cost to get a new key? My key fell out and broke from the plastic part. I only have the plastic n buttons. Lost actual key part.
I just did this myself. I bought this.

If you do what I did make sure to transfer the transponder over. It's a tiny little black plastic thing in the housing. I didn't transfer mine and now have a dead key.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not today, but last night threw some KYB quick strut assemblies (RockAuto) on all 4 corners. Rides nice and smooth for now! Front passenger damper was clunking and leaking; 161k miles and 13yrs seems like a good life span for the OEM damper...

Easy to work on and now better to drive!

·
Registered
7 Posts
swearing
Today I broke my driver's side axle and then spent 3 hours replacing it, throwing new pads on the front and making sure it was ready to take me to work at 7am tomorrow and all seemed good. I was driving it home not very far when all of the sudden the thing goes limp after turning right onto my street at 15mph and letting the clutch out. Is there a possibility that the axle just isn't getting seated all the way? Is there a flow chart?

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Today I broke my driver's side axle and then spent 3 hours replacing it, throwing new pads on the front and making sure it was ready to take me to work at 7am tomorrow and all seemed good. I was driving it home not very far when all of the sudden the thing goes limp after turning right onto my street at 15mph and letting the clutch out. Is there a possibility that the axle just isn't getting seated all the way? Is there a flow chart?
You could have a weak or missing circlip on the transmission side of the axle and it did not fully seat and popped out of the transmission. Easy to see from under the car if the axle is fully seated on the transmission side. The rotor side is a large nut and even if you forgot to tighten it the axle can not back out. Check the passenger side and make sure it did not break.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

14021 - 14040 of 14095 Posts