Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

14041 - 14060 of 14584 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just remove the entire exhaust system already if you are doing it this way. At the same time, you smell the heavy unfiltered exhaust fumes while driving also. You need to spend money going to an exhaust shop and make it a straight pipe because there is an exhaust resonator, so if don't have the budget then just cut the exhaust off already with a sawzall.

I don't get why people have no money and think this is 'getting them going for a while'. If you want to fix that light another cheap way, use an 90 degree O2 defouler adapter.
Yeah I have the adapter for the O2 sensor my cousin did a update I needed for my ECU na d was still there just went away yesterday. He did the update last week. So question the white fans I believe are they supposed to be spinning?

·
HK Moderator
14,214 Posts
So what did you do to your 7th gen today?

I charged my battery.

Reactions: qman

·
Registered
203 Posts
I sold my 2006 VP on Sunday. I had the Accord for 9 years and it served me well. I wanted a fun, fast daily and purchased a 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD. The new car has so many features I didn't realize what I've been missing when it comes to technology and comfort.

·
HK Moderator
14,214 Posts
I sold my 2006 VP on Sunday. I had the Accord for 9 years and it served me well. I wanted a fun, fast daily and purchased a 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD. The new car has so many features I didn't realize what I've been missing when it comes to technology and comfort.
Whoa, wow! Please stick around and give a comparison.

·
ziptie princess
1,405 Posts
ended up next to my sister at a light on my way to work this morning so i decided to play the part of the rsx-driving dork from a few weeks ago, which is how i learned the accord has two different rev limiters

my sister: “your car smells funny”

·
Registered
403 Posts
Whoa! Some serious horsepower on that ride.

Model: 2019 Kia Stinger
MSRP: $52,400
MPG: 17 city / 25 highway
Horsepower: 365 hp @ 6,000 rpm
Engine: 3.3 L V6
Curb weight: 4,023 lbs
Torque: 376 lb-ft @ 1,300 rpm
Fuel tank capacity: 15.9 gal

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
4023 lbs, good lord
A bit on the pudgy side, that is the 3.3 twin turbo version with all the bells and whistles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
ziptie princess
1,405 Posts
A bit on the pudgy side, that is the 3.3 twin turbo version with all the bells and whistles.

the accord weighs a good 500lb more than my last car and feels like it, i can’t imagine adding another 1000 to that

hard pass

·
Registered
203 Posts
Whoa, wow! Please stick around and give a comparison.
I'll still frequent the forums here. The Accord was the longest I've ever owned a vehicle. I'll miss how reliable it was but I wanted to try something new.

Whoa! Some serious horsepower on that ride.

Model: 2019 Kia Stinger
MSRP: $52,400
MPG: 17 city / 25 highway
Horsepower: 365 hp @ 6,000 rpm
Engine: 3.3 L V6
Curb weight: 4,023 lbs
Torque: 376 lb-ft @ 1,300 rpm
Fuel tank capacity: 15.9 gal
Oh yeah, it is FAST! Does 0-60 in 4.7 seconds. The eight-speed automatic is so smooth when shifting too. I wanted some excitement for my daily and something that wasn't commonly seen on the roads. I see enough Mustang, Camaro, and Corvettes.

·
Registered
203 Posts
4023 lbs, good lord

the accord weighs a good 500lb more than my last car and feels like it, i can’t imagine adding another 1000 to that

hard pass
I still have a 2003 Toyota MR-2 Spyder for a fun, lightweight car to toss around so I don't mind the weight of the Stinger. Besides, I'm not tracking cars anyway. I like the acceleration (0-60 in 4.7 seconds despite the weight) and technology/comfort features of the Stinger.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Got my $13 Amazon key cut and programmed for $70 at Ace.

Thanks @jimijam

Can u advise? Honda wanted like 200 or whatever for parts and labor, to get the part, and recut.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Yup. I bought two keys off Amazon for $13. Ace Hardware charges $30 and $40 to cut and program it. Can't remember which costs how much.

If you do this you need to bring all of your keys to them because all of them have to be programmed at the same time.

Here's the key I bought.

·
ziptie princess
1,405 Posts
I still have a 2003 Toyota MR-2 Spyder for a fun, lightweight car to toss around so I don't mind the weight of the Stinger. Besides, I'm not tracking cars anyway. I like the acceleration (0-60 in 4.7 seconds despite the weight) and technology/comfort features of the Stinger.
i mean, weight has a penalty besides just at the track but if you're happy with it who cares what a bunch of internet dorks think tbh

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The 7G Accord sedan is ~3200 lb. But rest assured, the 4000 lb Stinger GT is still faster in a drag or around a circuit.

·
ziptie princess
1,405 Posts
3000 for a dx, and with more than twice the power i’d certainly hope so

still missing the point tho ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
203 Posts
The 7G Accord sedan is ~3200 lb. But rest assured, the 4000 lb Stinger GT is still faster in a drag or around a circuit.
I may have considered a new Accord but I really dislike the looks of the 10th gen. I think the new Toyota Camry totally beat Honda on styling.

I think the Stinger has great styling, features, and acceleration. Kia actually hired someone from BMW's M to design the Stinger over 3 years. I think they wanted a brand symbol to get away from the stigma that most Americans still have from when Kia's and Hyundai's were first introduced to us 20 years ago. They certainly make much better looking cars than what they brought us when first entering the American market.

·
Roll Tide!
7,678 Posts
Got my $6.50 Amazon key cut and programmed for $70 at Ace.

Thanks @jimijam
Werd.

Cool. I drove a '18 GT1 for a weekend this past summer. It was pretty peppy. You'll have fun with it. Racechip will get you about 60 more HP and 120ish more TQ.

14041 - 14060 of 14584 Posts