Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

14261 - 14280 of 14525 Posts

·
HK Moderator
14,095 Posts
Brief but fierce hail storm came through last night....honest golf-ball size hail.

Two dents on the Accord. One on the hood, one on the roof.

Interesting thing is that my car has the worst case of clear coat fade you probably ever saw, yet the body is flawless- no door dings, no hail damage....until this morning's discovery. I don't care. Really, I don't care. I park this Accord in the first spot at Costcos located in overly-caffeinated neighborhoods full of entitled people and their bloated SUVs, as well as spot number one in Walmart parking lots full of overly-alcoholed mullet heads driving lifted Chevy Silverados.

·
HK Moderator
14,095 Posts
Drove it for a grocery run....Arriving at the parking lot, Peace of Mind by Boston, November Rain from Guns N' Roses, Dreaming from Blondie, and Whiskey in the Jar by Metallica came on in radio succession.

@Das Chicken will be happy to know no fuel was burned in the jamming of those tunes. I have a 24F battery so I can sit with the engine off and listen to the radio.

Then a tune from the Eagles came on so I put on my N95 mask and bailed....

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Which Eagles tune? My wife cringes when Hotel California comes on which is a great song. She can't even explain why.

·
HK Moderator
14,095 Posts
I think it was Peaceful Easy Feeling, which makes me eyes water with pain. But I like Hotel California. They play it to death EVERYWHERE in Asia because it is slow, and Glen Fry (or whomever sings it) uses good annunciation...people learn English to that song.

Reactions: qman

·
Registered
534 Posts
Drove it for a grocery run....Arriving at the parking lot, Peace of Mind by Boston, November Rain from Guns N' Roses, Dreaming from Blondie, and Whiskey in the Jar by Metallica came on in radio succession.
Leave it to Metallica to metal-up an old Irish folk song... and Hetfield & Co's version is so much better than the cover by Thin Lizzy.

Back on track... kudos for being so relaxed about the hail damage. If it was me, I'd be pulling the whole Bruce-Banner-ripping-open-his-shirt-The-Hulk-emerges routine.

·
HK Moderator
14,095 Posts
In many dozens of Irish pubs around the world (except Ireland), I have heard that song played by dozens of bands. I always enjoy it.

As for the hail damage....I had a Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo that I would autocross, do high speed runs on USAF runways (I could hit 174 mph), and enter into shows winning trophies for its looks and paint. A few years later, those trophies wound up in a box. Then the box got moved to a basement. Then I got married and wife ordered me to donate or sell them.

I gave up, lol

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I gave up, lol
Good move. Trophies are worthless anyway. I only ever got participation trophies from coach cuz our teams always sucked LOL. I did win a lot of slow pitch softball t-shirts. Those would eventually come in handy as shop rags. I always wonder what Emmitt Smith's trophy room must look like with all of the footballs he'd save after scoring a TD. I also wonder if he's managed to remain proud of it all these years. The only thing I save are 8 oz sand samples from the different beaches I've visited. I store it in cool looking booze bottles on bookshelves.

·
ziptie princess
1,376 Posts
got a text: "hey, there's some s*** on the roof of your car?"

no idea why someone left a bunch of clothes there, but maybe since it hasn't moved in three weeks they confused it with one of those goodwill drop-off bins.
98A2CD2.PNG

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Maybe they saw that missing hubcap cover and two feet of leaves and figured it was a trash pile.

·
Registered
534 Posts
got a text: "hey, there's some s*** on the roof of your car?"

no idea why someone left a bunch of clothes there, but maybe since it hasn't moved in three weeks they confused it with one of those goodwill drop-off bins.
I'll take a Goodwill donation on my car over the way seemingly all the birds on the entire East Coast used my wife's car for live fire target practice last week...

·
ziptie princess
1,376 Posts
Maybe they saw that missing hubcap cover and two feet of leaves and figured it was a trash pile.
okay

I'll take a Goodwill donation on my car over the way seemingly all the birds on the entire East Coast used my wife's car for live fire target practice last week...
yeah part of the reason i parked in this spot and haven't moved is that for whatever reason birds are uninterested in this tree

14261 - 14280 of 14525 Posts