Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

14281 - 14300 of 14525 Posts

·
V4 Watch
837 Posts
I'll take a Goodwill donation on my car over the way seemingly all the birds on the entire East Coast used my wife's car for live fire target practice last week...
I dunno about that. I’ve heard bad stories about things people put in goodwill bags.
Drove it for a grocery run....Arriving at the parking lot, Peace of Mind by Boston, November Rain from Guns N' Roses, Dreaming from Blondie, and Whiskey in the Jar by Metallica came on in radio succession.

@Das Chicken will be happy to know no fuel was burned in the jamming of those tunes. I have a 24F battery so I can sit with the engine off and listen to the radio.

Then a tune from the Eagles came on so I put on my N95 mask and bailed....
View attachment 519944
My battery gave out on me just recently. I had shut it off for an intersection and had music running. Wouldn’t even do one revolution when I went to crank it. SH**. Of course I was at the front of the line, and my non hypermiler brother was in the car... I pulled as close as I could to the median, flashers on, and no one missed the light. Prepared to push it through on the next cycle, told the guy behind us to wait a few seconds. The person behind him didn’t get the memo, went around and cut in front of us (turning left) as we pushed the car straight ahead. People are too used to seeing broken down cars sitting IN THE ROAD and failing to realize they can often be pushed out of the way. I got it going fast enough to bump start and was back in action. No one missed the light that cycle either. Two cycles and out of the way. That’s how it should be.

That battery was 4 years, 3 months old. Given the underhood placement shared with catalytic converters and my frequent stop starting, that isn’t too bad down here in the south. It had a slow start, butI figured it would charge back up traveling downhill. I was wrong. A full charge after that incident showed just 12.6 volts, and it was down to 12.4 just sitting overnight. I went ahead and got a new battery, I don’t like being stranded.

As for the hail damage....I had a Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo that I would autocross, do high speed runs on USAF runways (I could hit 174 mph), and enter into shows winning trophies for its looks and paint. A few years later, those trophies wound up in a box. Then the box got moved to a basement. Then I got married and wife ordered me to donate or sell them.

I gave up, lol
I would love to take a rip down an airfield, haven’t found any reasonable events near me. They are all half mile events charging $250+. I got a motorcycle trackday for less than that, and Road Atlanta has a 0.8 mile straightaway! I would bite on a 1 mile straight + braking zone for sub $200, but anything more is ridiculous. I imagine active airfields are pretty clean, but that didn’t ruin paint from rocks flinging?

·
HK Moderator
14,095 Posts
Debris on a runway is a big no-no. So periodically, there are several low-speed passes to remove anything and everything. Mother nature also helps during rainstorms, in that airport runway drainage (removes water AND debris) is a specialty-engineer field. My female cousin goes around the world and consults for airport runway construction. Literally her entire career is just runways.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Finished my retrofit and installed the headlights on the car. Definitely a few things I would do differently and might make those changes if I can find another donor pair of headlights.

·
07 Sdn
356 Posts
Just about to start my first ever retrofit. Going with Standard Gatling shroud. Im ready to go, watched all the vids and read all the opinions :) Any pointters?

·
V4 Watch
837 Posts
I'll take a Goodwill donation on my car over the way seemingly all the birds on the entire East Coast used my wife's car for live fire target practice last week...
I dunno about that. I’ve heard bad stories about things people put in goodwill “donations”.
Drove it for a grocery run....Arriving at the parking lot, Peace of Mind by Boston, November Rain from Guns N' Roses, Dreaming from Blondie, and Whiskey in the Jar by Metallica came on in radio succession.

@Das Chicken will be happy to know no fuel was burned in the jamming of those tunes. I have a 24F battery so I can sit with the engine off and listen to the radio.

Then a tune from the Eagles came on so I put on my N95 mask and bailed....
View attachment 519944
My battery gave out on me just recently. I had shut it off for an intersection and had music running. Wouldn’t even do one revolution when I went to crank it. SH**. Of course I was at the front of the line, and my non hypermiler brother was in the car... I pulled as close as I could to the median and no one missed the light. Prepared to push it through on the next cycle, told the guy behind us to wait a few seconds. The people behind him didn’t get the memo, and went around him and turned left right in front of us as we were going straight ahead. People are too used to seeing cars broken down in the road, not realizing that the magical neutral “gear” and a good push is often all it takes to get a car out of the way.

The battery wasn’t completely dead, so I was able to bump start it and drive home. +1 for the manual transmission!

In many dozens of Irish pubs around the world (except Ireland), I have heard that song played by dozens of bands. I always enjoy it.

As for the hail damage....I had a Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo that I would autocross, do high speed runs on USAF runways (I could hit 174 mph), and enter into shows winning trophies for its looks and paint. A few years later, those trophies wound up in a box. Then the box got moved to a basement. Then I got married and wife ordered me to donate or sell them.

I gave up, lol
I was looking at airstrip drag race opportunities, but they were only half mile races, and wanted stupid money. I got a track day for a motorcycle for $250, which is less than they wanted, and road Atlanta has a 0.8 mile straightaway!

·
one wheel drive
778 Posts
Debris on a runway is a big no-no. So periodically, there are several low-speed passes to remove anything and everything. Mother nature also helps during rainstorms, in that airport runway drainage (removes water AND debris) is a specialty-engineer field. My female cousin goes around the world and consults for airport runway construction. Literally her entire career is just runways.
Yes, however, Mother Nature also helped this barn owl into my gear one night so I watch her carefully.
That's neat about your cous! When she tells people she works on runways, do their eyes widen? Sorry sorry, this is your cousin, back to everyone's 7th gen..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just about to start my first ever retrofit. Going with Standard Gatling shroud. Im ready to go, watched all the vids and read all the opinions :) Any pointters?
It really depends on the projector you are using, I went with the TL Bi-Xenon and my biggest problem was getting the projector to fit in the housing with 1 inch L brackets. I would use 1/2" or 3/4" and push the projector farther back in the reflector. Also, I taped off the chrome on the reflector to avoid scratching it when I was test fitting the projector, but it pulled off the chrome from the reflector when I peeled it off, so avoid that. Other than that, its pretty straight forward as long as you have a jig to clamp the headlight to and set a line on the wall with the halogen bulb in then clamp it back in the same place to find the positioning of the projector.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have questions along the way

·
Pilot without a plane
335 Posts
I replaced the mode control motor to restore airflow in the car. Luckily, it has been mild in south TX this past week with the air not working.

More details in my thread. Link in sig.

·
2007 Accord EX-L 4D 5MT
188 Posts
I haven't posted here in over a year, my Accord has mostly just run properly and I had other vehicle projects going on. Since I'm bored again and have 197k miles now, it seemed like a good time to be doing some deep cleaning on the Accord and doing PM and cheap/easy upgrades that I haven't had time for.

Finally scored a set of Hybrid taillights at the junkyard last week, got those installed and love it. Unfortunately someone had already grabbed the Hybrid mirrors. Also put on another new steering wheel, found a perfect 2007 one from a very low mile V6EXL wreck. I'll have to pull it out again to fix the little corners sticking up after I experiment on my old wheel. I'm in the middle of polishing the headlights again, will clear them this time. I still have a TSX leather E-brake on the shelf, probably the next project I'll tackle.

Seriously looking at upgrading to the 6-6 coupe front brakes. My current brakes are great, but having done track & autox I appreciate having the most braking possible. I wonder if the additional unsprung weight will be worth it or not. Cost isn't an issue. Anyone recently put the 6-6 coupe brakes on a K24 sedan?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Today I went from 6 error codes to 1 using what Ive read here and YouTube. I replaced the Vtec solenoid, replaced the vvt oil screen, and replaced the vvt solenoid. It took me a few hours but that was mostly trying to track down a new screen. The only code left is p0325. Knock sensor is next on my list.

·
HK Moderator
14,095 Posts
Today I went from 6 error codes to 1 using what Ive read here and YouTube. I replaced the Vtec solenoid, replaced the vvt oil screen, and replaced the vvt solenoid. It took me a few hours but that was mostly trying to track down a new screen. The only code left is p0325. Knock sensor is next on my list.
Get the real knock sensor (not the $15 ones on Amazon, eBay). And check the wire too!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I bought the "Beck Arnley 158-0917 Knock Sensor" off Amazon at for $37.78 and it solved my problem. Is the Beck Arnley considered "real"?

·
HK Moderator
14,095 Posts
I bought the "Beck Arnley 158-0917 Knock Sensor" off Amazon at for $37.78 and it solved my problem. Is the Beck Arnley considered "real"?
Yes! That is the same one I used.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
The threads on the first one I received were stripped. I had to get a second one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Endlinks were clunking, so I ordered the moog replacements. Was not a fun job. Had to take a cut-off wheel to three of the four bolts. Really impressed with these Moog replacements though--much thicker than the originals, has a nut to lock them instead of the allen key, and they have grease fittings.

Then my cat heat shield has rusted out and was rattling, so I took the arc to it.

It's getting so rusty 😔

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,107 Posts
Endlinks were clunking, so I ordered the moog replacements. Was not a fun job. Had to take a cut-off wheel to three of the four bolts. Really impressed with these Moog replacements though--much thicker than the originals, has a nut to lock them instead of the allen key, and they have grease fittings.

View attachment 520181

Then my cat heat shield has rusted out and was rattling, so I took the arc to it.
View attachment 520182

It's getting so rusty
Where do you live? Rust belt I assume???

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
07 Sdn
356 Posts
It's getting so rusty 😔
I took two stainless steel hose clamps and wrapped them around my heat shield. Tightened them down and no more rattle :)

14281 - 14300 of 14525 Posts