Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

14381 - 14400 of 14520 Posts

·
Token Old Guy
184 Posts
damn now i feel old, it was like 1.40/gal in upstate ny when i got my license
You ain't old; I started driving legally about the same time as the first embargo (1973). About the time they invented 55mph speed limits!

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
I'll never forget the first time we met - although I'll keep trying.

·
07 Sdn
356 Posts
If anybody has a spare passenger headlight rear shell, no need for lens, no need for reflectors, just sitting around, i'd love to take it off you...thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
well seeing as how this is my 1st. honda 03 accord ex bought from my sister , im the 2nd. owner car has 89,000 mi.
trans was rebuilt 30,000 miles ago I decided to keep her ( the car ) & bring her up to snuff , first off i had to replace the pass side door actuator , then new Conti tires stock size , then front seat covers from Wet Akole ( love em ) then timing belt , water pump & all the idler bearings OEM from BK Honda parts 30% off $ , then new front struts KYB from1A Auto , , new brakes & rotors front & rear slotted & drilled from R-1 Concepts great improvement, then lower control arms from 1A Auto Tiwan Chineese yes but not mainland Communist China ! I try not to buy anything from them ! new power steering pump as there was numerous leaks. new upper display from BK Honda OEM , I must say this expenditure has been well worth it the car drives as new , handles like its on rails no squeeks or clunks ( no i am not made out of money I did all the labor as i was a vw mechanic in my past life. the accord is easy / peasy to work on : - }

·
Registered
397 Posts
, im the 2nd. owner car has 89,000 mi.
trans was rebuilt 30,000 miles ago
I hope the trans rebuild was done with fixing the problems the BAYA transmissions are notorious for. If it was just a regular rebuild you're no better off, but either way, keep the trans fluid clean and it is recommended to stick with Honda brand fluid.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Gave my headlights a quick polish today. I restored them 2 years ago, but the tops were starting to yellow again. I wanted to see if I could bring them back with just polishing compound instead of having to do a full restoration again. Thankfully it worked!

The ceramic coating I used then has probably worn off by now, and I just used wax this time, so I'm gonna see how long I can keep them going before having to do a full restoration again.

·
Registered
408 Posts
^^ LOL. Looks like we Marty Mc Fly, Michael J Fox. Like back in 2005, fresh off the lot type. Super clean and all, also love the rims ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
you did an outstanding job , lasting 2 yrs seams reasonable to me , I used a clear coat spray with ultra violet inhibitors made for plastic bought at home depot , apx. 6 mo. ago , still looking good i will try & remember to monitor how they look & post a followup

·
Registered
408 Posts
Proally been months since I checked my oil and fluids. Oil was in good range, but topped off 1/4 to raise the reading a bit.
Coolant reservoir was near min mark, so topped off that as well.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Had the knock sensor replaced at the dealership. I need a driver rear caliper, it’s dragging/locking up, so might as well replace both with pads and rotors.

For all the MT 4cyl owners, when you turn the A/C and you accelerate from a stop do you get a judder or hop. I’m assuming it’s the a/c cycling on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Pilot without a plane
321 Posts
Had the knock sensor replaced at the dealership. I need a driver rear caliper, it’s dragging/locking up, so might as well replace both with pads and rotors.

For all the MT 4cyl owners, when you turn the A/C and you accelerate from a stop do you get a judder or hop. I’m assuming it’s the a/c cycling on.

We have a 4cyl 5spd 6th gen. We don't have anything from take off like you describe. It's smooth.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey, this might make a good hood or roof ornament for any vehicle. We drove back to IL from CA a few years ago and found this dog skull driving through the Nebraska Sand Hills at a rest area out by Alliance. Want to add some really funky touches to your old Accord, here it is. Just pay for shipping and it is yours. :) ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts

I have an 07 SE 5speed and do get a little stutter/slight jerky when the AC kicks on. Definitely noticeable.

I ordered the 17mm TL rear sway bar so that the car will feel more balanced. Considered getting F/R combo but kept reminding myself this is my DD and the Subaru is the weekend warrior lol. Looking forward to installing this part and make it feel and drive more predictable.

14381 - 14400 of 14520 Posts