Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

14401 - 14420 of 14525 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have an 07 SE 5speed and do get a little stutter/slight jerky when the AC kicks on. Definitely noticeable.

I ordered the 17mm TL rear sway bar so that the car will feel more balanced. Considered getting F/R combo but kept reminding myself this is my DD and the Subaru is the weekend warrior lol. Looking forward to installing this part and make it feel and drive more predictable.
What subaru year and model did you get? I'm thinking about one, and curious if they are as reliable.
Have driven the Outback & Legacy here and there. I like the wagon look.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2008 Subaru Legacy GT 5 speed. I should've gotten the SpecB since I had a 2009 non turbo special edition as I was going to be done with modding game. Had the legacy gt for over 11 years with no issues. 145k miles highly modified though. Definitely recommend 4th generation 08 or 09 only. PM me if youd like to chat/text. Join legacygt.com forums for more info as well. I can answer any questions you have. Many Subarus and Hondas in my family of like 50 people hahaha.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
2008 Subaru Legacy GT 5 speed. I should've gotten the SpecB since I had a 2009 non turbo special edition as I was going to be done with modding game. Had the legacy gt for over 11 years with no issues. 145k miles highly modified though. Definitely recommend 4th generation 08 or 09 only. PM me if youd like to chat/text. Join legacygt.com forums for more info as well. I can answer any questions you have. Many Subarus and Hondas in my family of like 50 people hahaha.

My plan for the next car is to get a new wagon or 5-door impreza; but hoping for the Levorg or if Honda ever dips into this style again, lol. I don't like the looks of the new cars these days, too puffy, spacey, and curvy. I'm old school and dig the old-school box look, but that's long gone.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Replaced:
Upper & Lower Radiator Hoses
Gasket on radiator knob

As always, I'm a lil anxious when doing things on my car, since the youtube videos make them seem a lot easier. lol
Went ahead and changed them out as I was due for a drain/refill of my coolant. Lower radiator clamp was rusted pretty bad; good thing I had a new one.

I thought that the hoses were still okay, but had them from a previous order. Don't expect to change them ever again, but I had positioned the clips to where it'd be a lil easier to grip next time around. Not sure if I bled properly, but did bring it to operating temp and fed it coolant. Will check for leaks and monitor.

Radiator cap could use a replacement, so may order it in my next order.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Wanted to do something about my faded wiper arms. So I did some searching on a detailing forum, and several people suggested just trying to polish them. It worked really well! From what I can tell, it's a single-stage paint (meaning no clearcoat) so you can see the black residue on the microfiber applicator after buffing them. That's the old, oxidized layer of paint that was removed.

My cowl trim was also badly faded, so I applied a restoration product. It looks okay in the picture, but doesn't look great up close. I think the plastic is just too far gone. I'm tempted to buy new cowl trim from the dealer, but it's expensive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
fyi it'll still understeer pretty badly

i put a cl-s 19mm bar in mine to go with the stock front and it still doesn't rotate as well as i want it to, these cars are just snowplows ¯\(ツ)
I bet but any improvement will make me happy. I have to remember it's my Daily and the Subaru is where the good parts will be going to lol. Its night and day with the 2 cars.

·
ziptie princess
1,376 Posts
I bet but any improvement will make me happy. I have to remember it's my Daily and the Subaru is where the good parts will be going to lol. Its night and day with the 2 cars.

for sure. the stock dx (no rear bar) was hopeless, especially in quick directional changes- the cl-s bar made a big difference, especially for the $35 or whatever i paid for it. just not the same as something with ttls that has lift-off oversteer, that's all

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Thanks @mtts60 ! That's definitely worth a shot before shelling out $500 at the dealer.

Did you mask off those rubber bits at the ends of the cowls? Or paint those too?

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
I removed them actually. Dunk each end in water (to lube the rubber) and squeeze the rubber anchor things so they fit through the hole. Be careful, you can tear them off.

Reinstalling them is a bit easier. Dunk them in water again, then line up the tips of those anchor things with the holes and gently pull on them until the fat parts pop in place.

14401 - 14420 of 14525 Posts