Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

14421 - 14440 of 14491 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Accord 2.4L Manual
1 Posts
Today/Yesterday I replaced all four sway bar links in my 03 (broke a couple taking it somewhere I probably shouldn't have), and my gosh were they ever stuck on. Each one took me roughly an hour and a half. Had to grind flat sides on the old ones so I could grip them with vise-grips and hold them steady
IMG_20200612_160815.jpg

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX V6
61 Posts
Replaced the CV axle nuts that were really bad. I reused bad ones just to have something on there. I also installed air filter housing bolts (2) and 1 bolt that holds power steering in place. Installed wheel well plastic covers on both sides and the underskirt. I am still missing a few pieces that I will look out for but now its pretty much done. I will most likely do a starter rebuild soon based on t-rd write-up as it seems like my starter may be struggling a bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the car a week ago for $400 (new here, not really a Honda guy but it fell in my lap. Originally a mk4 GTi but a tree fell on it). Anyhow, it’s a 2007 coupe (blue), 160k on the odometer with a blown engine. Great looking car aside from the fact a kid blew it up going too fast and not checking on the oil.. ever. Last known oil change was 13,000 miles ago according to the sticker when purchased. I just yesterday got the invoice for the engine with 67,500 miles on it for $800 and plan to have it swapped and on the road in less than 2 weeks. I work on it outside of the shop everyday in the parking lot and am making great progress. If anyone is interested (unfortunately it’s not all documented) I can start a thread with what I do have. This engine does not appear to have any bent valves, and the chain is still there, however I get 0 or less than 0 compression on each cylinder. Valve train all moved, but engine would just whine. Once again sorry for not knowing, but I think he blew the piston rings on it. I have not leakdown tested the engine or anything I just purchased another used engine (K24A8) to put in the car and drive it.

I personally think I got a good deal seeing as I’m a mechanic I can fix this car up and it’s probably worth at least $2,000 worst case scenario, or I can have fun with it. The heated seats work, the sunroof works great. It looks like it’s going to be a fun car overall! Today I got the accessories and wiring all tucked off to the side so I can sneak the engine out alone this week at work.

·
ziptie princess
1,358 Posts
starting tomorrow the city’s doing construction on my street just past the spot where my car’s been parked since the middle of march so i had to move it

figured i’d go for the miami equivalent of a relaxing drive and took as many side streets and stuff as i could just wandering around for a half hour to give the car a little workout

also i gave it an italian tuneup on the palmetto on-ramp and i forgot how slow it is lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Last of maintenance items all here, diy semi solid motor mounts are cured and ready to drop in. Power steering fluid and o rings. Brake fluid. Acura 17mm rear anti sway bar, holder bracket and bushings. Just awaiting coolant to arrive. She will be happy.
20200618_162343.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Doorbell just rang. And checked my mail. Hybrid racing shifter cable bushings, short throw shifter, pcv valve, headlights, hybrid tail lights, centric F/R premium rotors and posi quiet ceramic pads. Can you feel the love?
20200618_182813.jpg

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX V6
61 Posts
Doorbell just rang. And checked my mail. Hybrid racing shifter cable bushings, short throw shifter, pcv valve, headlights, hybrid tail lights, centric F/R premium rotors and posi quiet ceramic pads. Can you feel the love? View attachment 521671

Christmas came early!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fathers day activity. Let me work in my happy place for the weekend. Getting this DD some loving then I can go back and work on the Subaru.

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
I was met with this yesterday morning right after I pulled out of the garage, wasn't even aware of the fact that this tire had gone full flat overnight until I got to the end of the driveway. By then, the sidewall already destroyed. Took the tire off to find a metal plate embedded in the tire. Must have nailed it when I went into the city of Chicago yesterday and it slowly deflated overnight. I wonder how I even made it home without incident in the first place. Ended up replacing all 4 since they all had only a little bit of tread left. 66000 miles out of the Pirelli Cinturato P7 isn't bad at all. I got the updated version of the same tire, discount tires covered the one blown one under the protection certificate.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I took mine in to Honda for an oil change. I know, I know, but I’m 300 miles past 0% and have no jack stands (returned to Harbor Freight due to recall). I did supply my own parts.

I also had the airbag recall done. And they said I need new compliance bushings. Waiting on a quote.

Oh, and filled up the power steering fluid.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
What you need jack stands for?

As for the compliance bushings. Just buy lower control arms and slap em in. Its a simple fix.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
What you need jack stands for?

As for the compliance bushings. Just buy lower control arms and slap em in. Its a simple fix.
I normally do my own oil changes. Too fat to crawl underneath with jacking it up. Well I can use jack stands or ramps? But right now I have neither.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Harbor Freight has updated jack stands, and you didn't get another set?
I did not. When I first checked on the recall I saw an article that the replacements were failing also. Now I’m seeing it may have been an isolated jack. I’m thinking of buying Craftsman this time. There’s a home store in my town that has a lot of pre-Black and Decker Craftsman.

I've become a big fan of my plastic Rhino Ramps. Well worth the money.
I had ramps years ago! When I was buying stuff this time around I went with jack stands. I think it was in case I wanted to take the wheels off and work on things. Now that I look at it, most of those things are beyond my skill level.

·
Pilot without a plane
306 Posts
I have both. I have a 3 ton jack and stands, but the ramps are great for quick oil changes and such.

Maybe that's an excuse to get our cars together sometime since you're close to me.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I bought Amazon headlights, good for a bit and they've shown why Made in China is not good and why economic policies should change. If you think otherwise, then you have no clue.

Nothing wrong with going to a shop or xyz for oil changes or work. We all have preferences.

@t-rd, how'd you keep the lug nuts shiny, but covers caked w/ high grade brake dust?

As you folks know, I have anxiety and I've looked at the new cars these days. I didn't realize the new Accords / CR-Vs had Turbo and that almost all autos were CVTs? I'm anxious about being able to adjust to the electronic aspects on new cars, but just saying. I'm hoping Honda will release some sort of wagon.

14421 - 14440 of 14491 Posts