Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

14441 - 14460 of 14490 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
@t-rd, how'd you keep the lug nuts shiny, but covers caked w/ high grade brake dust?
Ha... I am not one to care about brake dust. I care about brake performance only. Even the plastidip on them is very old. I changed out the lug nuts with a newer set last year because the originals started to look very crusty after 13 years.

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
@t-rd that's good life out of the P7's. I have a 3 year old set with 12,000 miles on them. Any first impressions of the new version?
The new version or Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus-II , has the same tread rating and stiffer sidewall. The tires are compressing less during cornering. So far so good! I do rotate every 5000 miles, would have gotten the full 70000 miles out of the original if one didn't get punctured a few days ago.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Does the stiffer sidewall make the ride more firm or loud? The original P7's were praised for how soft and quiet they rode.

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
Does the stiffer sidewall make the ride more firm or loud? The original P7's were praised for how soft and quiet they rode.
I will let you know in a couple months. So far, they are firmer and not loud at all but I need to break them in of course. These are the best tires I've ever driven on, after trying Michelin, Yokohama, Bridgestone, and Firestone.

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,113 Posts
@t-rd, I'm on 2nd set of P7, way better than the Michelin on my 05 Hybrid, which was noisy and dry rotted in 3 years.

Today, I put on some Honda silicone grease on the door and sunroof weather strips. Soap, water, dry, rubbing in the grease, 10 seals, took more than 2 hours.

·
HK Moderator
14,056 Posts
I can't believe I'm writing this, but today I took a brand new 20" wiper blade, disassembled it by removing the two metal guide inserts that hold the rubber insert to the blade, then removed the rubber insert from the metal guides, and cut two inches off the rubber.

Then I took my old 18" blade off the passenger side of the car, removed those two metal strips holding the worn out rubber blade, and installed the newly cut rubber blade into the old metal strips and then all of that into the old wiper blade, and reattached to the car.

Went to an auto part and to a big box store yesterday, no one had 18" wiper blades. So I improvised using an old "new" blade I had sitting in the basement.

I get all my wiper blades for free because Menards has them on sale (free after rebate) twice a year. I think I threw out my original Honda blades when I bought the car used in 2007- wish I knew then what I know now.

·
Pilot without a plane
305 Posts
^ looks great. Mine started falling on the passenger side between the moonroof and passenger door. I got some spray, but mine looked like a leopard when I was done.

If you decide to replace yours sometime, I got a local interior shop to redo mine for $250.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX V6
61 Posts
I put the c pillars back in after sanding the connections to radio box on the driver side and a ground on the passenger side. I don’t think this really helped my radio reception at all even after putting in another radio box from the salvage yard.

At least I got a metal hood rod yesterday to keep my hood open as the springs for the hood are completely done. Seems like the air struts are one of the first things to go at the salvage yard so I have been unable to find it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,113 Posts
.. Seems like the air struts are one of the first things to go at the salvage yard so I have been unable to find it so far.
A pair of new hood struts is less than $20, not worth the effort finding them in J yard.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX V6
61 Posts
A pair of new hood struts is less than $20, not worth the effort finding them in J yard.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
The ones on amazon for $20 have terrible reviews of them failing within a year so I rather wait for oem ones I can score at the junkyard. Also gives me a reason to go there..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX V6
61 Posts
I installed this when the OEM failed 2 years or so ago. So far so good, and the hood lifting is almost effortless, probably better than OEM when new.
These ones don't have the reviews I saw earlier. I may have to check them out. Thanks!

I signed up for Row52 website to get alerts on my email when vehicles come in stock near me so I can look for a few pieces I need (new white hood as the current one is in bad shape, rusting).

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
These ones don't have the reviews I saw earlier. I may have to check them out. Thanks!

I signed up for Row52 website to get alerts on my email when vehicles come in stock near me so I can look for a few pieces I need (new white hood as the current one is in bad shape, rusting).
I've had these on for 4 years now, still good. Junkyard ones would most likely be completely bad and the hood would fall on your head!

·
Registered
279 Posts
My fiancee' washed and waxed it for me.. interior needs a cleaning... about 1300 miles driven on my 2007 since April 1st.. working from home has its perks but there are days I miss driving the Accord.

14441 - 14460 of 14490 Posts