Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

14461 - 14480 of 14490 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX V6
61 Posts
I've had these on for 4 years now, still good. Junkyard ones would most likely be completely bad and the hood would fall on your head!

It would not be first time for the hood to fall on my head ... ouch. I will get these actually because they have lifetime warranty. The other ones on Amazon did not and this encourages me to order them. Oreilly's and Autozone have lifetime warranty ones for 3x as much haha.

Who needs an SUV anyway? Hauled a bunch of covid19 tests and other samples to a lab for testing. Next time the bottom of the back seat will come out too. Had barely enough room for all of the coolers.
That front seat looks really good and I like your LED lights that look nice and bright. You are basically a real life "transporter" from the Transporter movie series haha!

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,079 Posts
That front seat looks really good and I like your LED lights that look nice and bright. You are basically a real life "transporter" from the Transporter movie series haha!
He's not the only one, you know...

@TX Accord: you car packed to the gills reminds me of my route days from a few years ago, also in a coupe...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Pilot without a plane
305 Posts
@StimulusAccord Thanks. The interior is holding up really well. Those are Sylvania LEDs from Walmart. I did all of the overhead interior lights, taillights, and license plate lights (thanks to bored small town TX cops who twice claimed my tag lights weren't working or bright enough or whatever dumb excuse to mess with me).

I guess I could also switch my trunk and lower door panel courtesy lights over to LEDs too.

@stiller fan is another courier on here. We both put crazy miles on our cars. Yeah - last nt was so cramped that I had to put my arm in front of the cooler on my armrest and reach down from above to shift. Luckily it was mostly highway driving and didn't require a lot of shifting.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
How does one become a courier and who pays for your gas? Or are you like a truck driver where everything is by the mile?

·
Pilot without a plane
305 Posts
I replied to a craigslist ad to find my company. Google would list companies in your area. For what we do, we are Independent Contractors. 1099 workers meaning non W2 employment.

We obviously use our own cars. We pay for all of our expenses - gas, repairs, food, etc. The benefit is you can claim the IRS mileage rate for every mile you drive. The deduction is more than the pay so it's effectively tax free income. Any excess deduction also lowers my taxable income for the year. You can also deduct 50% of food/drink expenses so I save every receipt for those to claim on taxes.

So tax free sounds awesome, but you're responsible for maintaining your car and all the gas. Luckily, our Accords are pretty efficient to operate and maintain.

Pay is per trip. The company will bill the customer from pt A to B. You also have to factor in mileage getting to pickup and then going back home after drop off. Any mile I drive related to a trip is claimed for taxes. Pay varies by customer and miles driven. When I factor in my total round trip mileage, I often get 35-45 cents per mile that I drive. Another way to look at it is what does the trip pay per loaded mile. Maybe 75 to 80 cents per mile like that.

I do enjoy doing it even though my regular job pays much better. Extra money is always good and I'm trying my best to rack up mileage quickly on my car. Sometimes we get involved with pretty cool stuff. I've had some runs for organ transplants so knowing you had a small part in saving someone's life is very rewarding.

·
17,079 Posts

I do enjoy doing it even though my regular job pays much better. Extra money is always good and I'm trying my best to rack up mileage quickly on my car. Sometimes we get involved with pretty cool stuff. I've had some runs for organ transplants so knowing you had a small part in saving someone's life is very rewarding.
As for me, I handle mostly meds for chronic or terminal conditions. Occasionally, computer parts to both corporations as well as government facilities.

Once in a while, human organs donated to science.

I have transported blood, both as a routine thing for the blood bank, as well as during the Tree of Life synagogue shooting a couple years ago. Have delivered one live kidney for transplant.

Other highlights:
  • rubber o rings 650+ miles away
  • umbilical cord blood donated for stem cell research
  • ferrets and parakeets
  • aircraft tires (small aircraft)
  • other things I cant think of

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX V6
61 Posts
I would be interested to do a few runs on Saturday mornings but I agree that to just get it for the pay does not make sense. But if you do your own repairs and can get cash to basically maintain your vehicle and drive it at the same time then that sounds intriguing. + tax write off

·
17,079 Posts
Ever transport strippers? That could be a fun drive.
Not as fun without other..... assistance.

Reactions: qman and TX Accord

·
Pilot without a plane
305 Posts
I may have seen something like that on a video. Some of my locations aren't in the best parts of town. One night after a drop off, I got flagged down by a couple of women walking. They asked for a ride. They went to a seedy motel for "work." I didn't get anything from that trip.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Today I got an alternator to use as a backup for if my current one fails. The current one is from O'Reilly and it's the second replacement after the first one failed after one year. So I'll leave this alternator in the trunk along with the long handled pulley adjuster for a quick exchange.

·
ziptie princess
1,358 Posts
i moved it from the end of the block where it was sitting during construction to a spot visible from my house

also just found out i'll be working from home until october so the half tank of gas i have will probably last until then

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX V6
61 Posts
Installed hood struts that t-rd recommended from amazon. The reason I like them is because a. they are cheap and b. they have lifetime warranty. I managed to drop a 10mm bolt for one hood strut somewhere on the passenger side above the engine mount and the fender that I cannot locate. I will try to find it later tonight as I’m concerned it may hit the belt if I drive around with it.

I do like the hood struts. These are very nice and firm.

I have put on 200 miles on the new transmission so far. I ordered a few parts for the starter rebuild and I will do that over the next weekend based on t-rd’s write up.

EDIT: Found the bolt but realized that I have CME starter in the vehicle not Mitsuba that I thought I had. Apparently CME and Mitsuba are the same based on some research that I did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
17,079 Posts
Maybe one could lend you a hand
I hear that the "candy" that they possess is expensive.

I'll just save my money awaiting the time when I break my car again...

Reactions: qman

·
Super Moderator
6,358 Posts
Doused the whole rear bumper crash beam area with fluid film to slow the rust. This is prompted by @visionguru , his discovery of a totally rusted out crash beam almost detached from the frame. I did not have to jack up the car even with it lowered 1.3". Just poke your head under the rear bumper and spray.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I was unsuccessful at getting the clutch safety sensor pad back in its place using a flat head screwdriver. I don't know if it's the angle of the pedal or I'm too fat to fully get in there, but I can't see where it goes.

I think I'm going to need professional help. And I think I'll need to unweld and remove the clutch bracket to replace this.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I installed a Chinese-made eBay silicone intake hose yesterday. I'm still using the stock airbox w/an AEM Dryflow panel filter. Took about 2hrs to wrestle the tight tolerance hose onto the airbox and throttle body and slight modifications were required to fit the breather hose and sensor....but it fits and is fully functional w/no warning lights. No claims of performance gains but it has changed the sound of the intake while under load(note: the stock intake muffler still in place).

14461 - 14480 of 14490 Posts