Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

14521 - 14540 of 14618 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Put it up for sale... doubt I'll get any offers at what I'm asking... but working from home now... and maybe gets driven 3 times a week around town only. Used to drive it 125 miles a day... now I have my F150 I take upnorth and such... doesn't really pay to just let it sit around.

·
ziptie princess
1,416 Posts
looked at it in the background while teaching my sister how to jump-start her fit and use a multimeter to do a rough check of the battery and alternator

·
Registered
17 Posts
i installed the hybrid racing shifter bushings. working on my subaru and other subarus makes working on my accord so much easier lol. i used an old axle nut to push the bigger worn out bushing after pb blasting it and it came out with the slightest push. gotta test drive now but a nice improvement/upgrade

last install for this weekend was the hybrid tail lights.

·
Good Guy
13 Posts
This was not all accomplished today, but I just took some pics of stuff I've done over the past few weeks.

1. Installed fog lights.

2. Painted the "chrome" and gray front grille trim black. First time rattle can job and actually worked out pretty good. I'm convinced good preparation was the key!

3. Installed some wheels I picked up from a 2012 TSX. Awesome salvage yard find, as the wheels were not bent, very clean, had minimal curb damage and were cheap! They did desperately need some tires though. I think they look pretty good on the 7th generation.

·
Good Guy
13 Posts
@Matty_T did you use an OEM foglight kit, or aftermarket?
I used the OEM kit. Found a pretty good deal on one and couldn't resist. I looked at a few aftermarket kits and was not thrilled with the idea of splicing wires or doing too much routing through the firewall. In my opinion, the only disadvantage is that you can only run them with the low beams on. My preference would be to run them independent of the headlight setting. I'll have to look at the electrical schematics and try to see if I can remove that limitation. Other than that, I'm happy with them.

Reactions: derass

·
Pilot without a plane
376 Posts
I had the codes for low efficiency in both cats so I got new downstream O2 sensors since my cats have been replaced recently. Bank 2 sensor was ok coming out and the new one went in fine.

Bank 1 sensor was really difficult to thread out. It wasn't cross threaded, but the threads in the cat are trash so it's going to the shop tomorrow.

I also have the ABS, !, and TCS lights on. Gonna get them to look at that while they have it.

Got new tires yesterday. 65k mile Falkens.

·
ziptie princess
1,416 Posts
had a doctor's appointment so i gave it a bit of a workout. might have to give it a bit of a longer drive this weekend, it wasn't happy about starting this morning.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
@t-rd the 3M kit is great. I used it before, also with great success. What UV spray did you use?

·
Super Moderator
6,471 Posts
@t-rd the 3M kit is great. I used it before, also with great success. What UV spray did you use?
I actually purchased a 2nd headlight restoration kit made by Meguiar 2 years ago and it comes with the UV protection spray. I wanted to see which kit was better. In hindsight, I should have just separately purchased a bottle of UV protection spray. 3M kit is great, but it doesn't come with any protection spray at all, which would make the headlights yellow out quickly again.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Did an oil change and cabin air filter on mine.

Oil change was coming up, and I realized I hadn't checked either the engine or cabin air filter in about 20,000 mi. Upon inspection, the engine air filter was still in good shape, but the cabin air filter was pretty dirty.

Looking at my service records, the last time I changed the cabin air filter was Nov 2018. The Maintenance Minder has gone off 5 times since then. I'm kind of surprised it didn't throw the cabin filter code in all that time. I guess I sort of forgot about it too.

So it looks like I'm better off sticking with the "dusty environment" interval mentioned in the owner's manual (15,000 mi). Maybe even shorter.

·
Registered
653 Posts
There is a code for the cabin air filter? Quite surprised about that...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Replaced all four shocks for $150! KYB Excel-G from Amazon Warehouse. These were all customer returns that looked new but cost less than half the price of new parts. They came with new rubber bushings and fit perfectly with the only difference being flats a the top of the shafts instead of a hex socket. Genuine Honda replacement shocks would have been close to $600. There was enough rust to make removal a chore, but ride feels fresh and I had a chance to check ball joints and tie rod ends which all felt tight with no play. May need to replace sway bar bushings soon though.

2007 Accord V6 - 6 Speed

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There is a code for the cabin air filter? Quite surprised about that...
Yes. It's part of the Maintenance Minder system on 06-07 models. Pretty much the same thing as the traditional maintenance schedule on 03-05 models. It just tells you when to do things, rather than you having to figure it out yourself based on time/mileage.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes. It's part of the Maintenance Minder system on 06-07 models. Pretty much the same thing as the traditional maintenance schedule on 03-05 models. It just tells you when to do things, rather than you having to figure it out yourself based on time/mileage.
OK! This is why I don't have it on my 2005!

·
Super Moderator
6,471 Posts
I NEVER follow the maintenance minder for cabin filter change. In fact, I don't even change that filter often. I take the filter out and vacuum off the loose grits and put it back in. Change it maybe once every 2 or 3 years.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Change the cabin filter when you change the engine air filter, easy peasy. Clean the cabin filter once a year and that gets the crap the falls in it in between replacements.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mtts60

·
NOT your average Joe
2006 Accord EX Sedan, 2.4ℓ & 5-spd Auto
66 Posts
Minor, but I received my custom fit trunk liner today for my '06 sedan and got that placed. Am planning a trip to the beach in a week or so and that will help contain the sand.

14521 - 14540 of 14618 Posts