Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

14541 - 14560 of 14618 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
The cabin air filter is easier to change than the air intake. lol I usually change to a new one twice a year or at least once a year.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
If dirt gets in the evaporator you'll wish you was more proactive with the cabin air filter. I change mine every 10K. I kind of like ice cold AC on hot days.

Reactions: davidg4781

·
Registered
07 V6 EX-L
25 Posts
I used the OEM kit. Found a pretty good deal on one and couldn't resist. I looked at a few aftermarket kits and was not thrilled with the idea of splicing wires or doing too much routing through the firewall. In my opinion, the only disadvantage is that you can only run them with the low beams on. My preference would be to run them independent of the headlight setting. I'll have to look at the electrical schematics and try to see if I can remove that limitation. Other than that, I'm happy with them.
Get some fog lens mesh cover,otherwise you will find a cracked lens in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
The cabin air filter is easier to change than the air intake. lol I usually change to a new one twice a year or at least once a year.
So true. actually engine air filter in accord is a pain. I have changed that in CRV also and its so much easier to do that.

·
Registered
2005 LX 2.4L manual, 210,000
2 Posts
Cleaned throttle body, fluid check, purchased fuel injector cleaner, motor oil and filter, and valve cover gasket.

Got plans for the next few weeks: passenger cv axle; piston soak; replace valve cover gasket; oil change; rear brake job; brake system flush; tire rotation. Then maybe I’ll wash it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Replaced all four shocks for $150! KYB Excel-G from Amazon Warehouse. These were all customer returns that looked new but cost less than half the price of new parts. They came with new rubber bushings and fit perfectly with the only difference being flats a the top of the shafts instead of a hex socket. Genuine Honda replacement shocks would have been close to $600. There was enough rust to make removal a chore, but ride feels fresh and I had a chance to check ball joints and tie rod ends which all felt tight with no play. May need to replace sway bar bushings soon though.

2007 Accord V6 - 6 Speed
So were these used by the customer? Or returned without having been installed?

... what?

no it isn't
You must
... what?

no it isn't
The way they have it pressed up against the frame makes it a pain to easily switch out filters.

·
Super Moderator
6,471 Posts
Not the Accord, but installed a Progress Technology rear anti-sway bar on the Honda Fit. The rear axle is fixed with NO anti-sway bar in the rear in stock form.

·
ziptie princess
1,416 Posts
even the sport?

i taught my sister how to change the air and cabin filters on her 2012 fit the other day, we looked at doing the spark plugs but you have to pull the cowl... no thank

·
NOT your average Joe
2006 Accord EX Sedan, 2.4ℓ & 5-spd Auto
66 Posts
Tanked up w/ 100% gasoline in preparation for a ~1,000 mile road trip to Edisto Island end of week. Curious to see what it will, or won't, do. Performance would be nice, although I suspect that will be negligible. My greater interest is in gas mileage. The car has never, not once, hit the rated mpg's. A boost there would be nice, especially if it offset the $0.25 / gal premium for the pure juice. Stay tuned!
:cool:

·
ziptie princess
1,416 Posts
Even the Fit Sport, has NO rear anti-sway bar. It's a straight fixed axle with no stabilization chassis component. The Fit's rear wanders all over the place at higher speed on highway and sways quite a bit around corners. All fixed just now :)
oh, it's a torsion beam, like a 500

the fit is fine for how my sister drives and certainly doesn't need more lively handling (i also don't remember it being that bad on the highway but it's been a while since i've driven it more than a couple blocks)

·
Super Moderator
6,471 Posts
Wrinkle paint 2008 Accord V6 intake manifold top cover almost finished, sanding down to bare aluminum for the Honda letters, will mate to the 2008 Acura RL mag manifold. Could have done a better job I suppose, still honing my painting skills.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I did my valve cover with crinkle paint on my RDX, used the gas grill to cure the paint. It came out pretty good and has stayed looking good almost 2 years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,471 Posts
I did my valve cover with crinkle paint on my RDX, used the gas grill to cure the paint. It came out pretty good and has stayed looking good almost 2 years.
I used a 1500W high temp heat gun, wife refused to let me put the piece into our kitchen oven haha. I continue to let it sit out in the hot sun, it seems to have cured even more and looks better than this morning.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Wrinkle paint 2008 Accord V6 intake manifold top cover almost finished, sanding down to bare aluminum for the Honda letters, will mate to the 2008 Acura RL mag manifold. Could have done a better job I suppose, still honing my painting skills.

View attachment 522903
If you sand the paint from the letters they'll probably get oxidized and look dull soon. The bare aluminum probably gets coated with something at the factory.

·
Super Moderator
6,471 Posts
If you sand the paint from the letters they'll probably get oxidized and look dull soon. The bare aluminum probably gets coated with something at the factory.
Yeah I am aware, I stripped all the factory paint on purpose, using Aircraft remover. At most I'll paint on a thin layer of clear coat. No big deal to me.

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,153 Posts
Heard a strange noise when braking and turning. Shut the a/c to hear it better, then there was no noise! I pulled the weather tech on passenger side, looks like I have clogged a/c drain.

14541 - 14560 of 14618 Posts