Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

14561 - 14580 of 14611 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Brought '04 V6 with 235K to the shop for AC recharge since not blowing cold....diagnoses stated compressor is shot. Estimate is $1500. Need to decide if i tackle a DIY.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Buy the parts on Rock Auto and ask the shop to install them!

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Brought '04 V6 with 235K to the shop for AC recharge since not blowing cold....diagnoses stated compressor is shot. Estimate is $1500. Need to decide if i tackle a DIY.
My guy did mine for $700. I'd suggest finding another shop.

Reactions: TX Accord

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,150 Posts

not about my accord but my other car. its my daughters reaction to my Subaru Legacy and its priceless lol
A little OT.
Whenever "すばる" is mentioned, a song pops into mind:
which is hugely popular in greater Asia, with many language versions.

·
Registered
407 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,466 Posts
That looks great! The paint looks a lot darker than the previous photos and how did you get the "HONDA" to stand out so clean? Nice job t-rd.
3M 220 grit sanding block, they are purple in color, from home depot! I also used 3M blue masking tape around the letters in case my hand slips then I don't damage the paint job.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Replaced PCV valve just now
PhotoGrid_1596377974948.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And not the accord but this is priceless. That's daddy's girl for sure

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Pilot without a plane
374 Posts
Installed a used ABS pump/controller so my instrument cluster doesn't look like a Christmas tree anymore. I did a write up in my car's thread.

20200802_095438.jpg

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
The replacement is straight forward, all you need is few hand tools and patience. A new Denso compressor is about $200 and a new drier/accumulator is about $15. Then you could take it to an A/C shop after you do the replacement and have them do a evacuation and recharge.

My first question is how did the compressor fail? Did it implode and spread shrapnel in the system or is it just worn out. If it put metal shrapnel in the system there is more work and parts needed. You would also have to replace the condenser and have all the lines flushed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stiller fan

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,150 Posts
Ripped the carpet apart today.

The a/c evaporator clog caused substantial amount of water in the cabin, the i was basically riding with 2" of water under the weather tech mat at all 4 corners. Flooded! Total at least 2 gallon! I guess it's clogged for a while, luckily, no bad smell, yet. No way it can dry in reasonable amount of time, I cut out the carpet to take it out in 4 pieces, so that I don't have to disassemble the center covers.

Check your A/C drain! The carpet is lined with thick sponge, if you feel damp on the surface, very likely you already have a lot of water under there.

·
2007 Acura RDX!
94 Posts
Uh oh.

I just had my evaporator changed a few months ago and the evaporator rings changed a few weeks ago because all of the refrigerant leaked out. Last week, it was hissing and leaked out again. I did have wet carpets a few weeks ago too.

This isn't my Accord, but my RDX.

Interesting....

Following your updates closely now.

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,150 Posts
Yeah, sounded so. However, the foam padding is thick. It would take forever to dry in enclosed space. Even in a garage, open 4 doors, with fans blowing, it would need days. My garage can only park 1 car, and is occupied by the Q5.

When I was in college, the carpet was flooded due to a burst pipe. The maintenance guy lifted the carpet and set up a Boeing 747 blower fan to dry it, 3 days later, the carpet was not totally dried.

I was surprised how easy it was to cut the carpet with a utility knife: slide the knife blade, the carpet is ready to be torn off, easier than some of the cheese I had to cut. I did have to unbolt the seats in order to cut out the rear carpet.
b

·
Registered
2005 LX 2.4L manual, 210,000
2 Posts
I changed the passenger-side CV axle today. My dad has an air impact wrench so I traveled a bit to get there but it was worth it. Only needed the impact for the axle nut, it came off in about 3 seconds. I ended up jacking up the whole front end so I was able to get a good angle to strike a hammer against a short pry-bar jammed against the axle. Only took about 4 shots. Removing the fork was key to getting the axle in place with ease. Took about 4 hours with a few breaks.

lessons learned: access to an impact wrench is crucial. Also, rusty sway bar links are a pain in the ass. Clean em up before you try to remove them.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I can confirm that the carpet takes forever to dry when soaked.

·
Super Moderator
6,466 Posts
Yeah, sounded so. However, the foam padding is thick. It would take forever to dry in enclosed space. Even in a garage, open 4 doors, with fans blowing, it would need days. My garage can only park 1 car, and is occupied by the Q5.

When I was in college, the carpet was flooded due to a burst pipe. The maintenance guy lifted the carpet and set up a Boeing 747 blower fan to dry it, 3 days later, the carpet was not totally dried.

I was surprised how easy it was to cut the carpet with a utility knife: slide the knife blade, the carpet is ready to be torn off, easier than some of the cheese I had to cut. I did have to unbolt the seats in order to cut out the rear carpet.
How are you going to tackle the unclogging??

14561 - 14580 of 14611 Posts