Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

15141 - 15160 of 15217 Posts

·
ziptie princess
1,619 Posts
put in the new starter. finally, no more issues with starting.

so for anyone else with a k24 who runs into an issue where the car has intermittent starting issues (no click, no cranking, absolutely nothing when you turn the key except for the dash lighting up), just put a starter in it. i got a good used one for $40 from ebay because i didn't want to pay what an oem one costs new and everyone on here says aftermarket is junk.

also i put a voltmeter in it since i don't trust the electrical system anymore...

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
200 Posts
Grabbed Hybrid rear brake calipers and brackets (sadly I could not buy the brackets separately) for my rear brake upgrade. Based on some rough math, the 300 mm front rotors shifted my brake bias 6% forwards, and the hybrid 282 mm rear rotors will shift the brake bias 8% backwards, for an overall brake bias of 2% backwards from stock. This is probably well within the margin of error, and the EBD should have no problem trimming it out.

·
Super Moderator
6,484 Posts
Grabbed Hybrid rear brake calipers and brackets (sadly I could not buy the brackets separately) for my rear brake upgrade. Based on some rough math, the 300 mm front rotors shifted my brake bias 6% forwards, and the hybrid 282 mm rear rotors will shift the brake bias 8% backwards, for an overall brake bias of 2% backwards from stock. This is probably well within the margin of error, and the EBD should have no problem trimming it out.
Check FastBrakes, 305mm, Fastbrakes 1990-1997 Accord rear 12'' upgrade big brake kit

this has been around for over a decade, you guys have been late to be with this car to know. But this would set the bias to the rear even more. There is also an option to use the Honda Pilot rear brakes, you just need relocation brackets. Do a search, guys who did these are long gone though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Check FastBrakes, 305mm, Fastbrakes 1990-1997 Accord rear 12'' upgrade big brake kit

this has been around for over a decade, you guys have been late to be with this car to know. But this would set the bias to the rear even more. There is also an option to use the Honda Pilot rear brakes, you just need relocation brackets. Do a search, guys who did these are long gone though.
I am aware of the kit. However, I already have part of the hybrid rear brakes, and the Pilot rear rotors would shift the brake bias backwards a bit too much I suspect. Also, the Pilot rotor kit is $300, and I can get complete Hybrid rear brakes for half that much.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Got my transmission fluid analysis back from Blackstone labs. Everything is pretty normal except for Aluminum (128 ppm) and Silicon (142 ppm). The silicon is probably because I used silicone spray on all the hoses when I installed the transmission cooler. The Aluminum content is a little concerning, and the oil had 0.1% insolubles, which suggests it may have in fact been at least partially original ATF. Hopefully now that I have a trans cooler and have done 3x drain and fill with Valvoline Synthetic ATF, any further wear can be avoided.

Report is attached below. The lab appears to have misunderstood my comment, this sample was taken before the 3x drain and fill (I did not manage that high aluminum content in a month).

Attachments

·
Registered
04 Accord V6 6spd
11 Posts
Got my report back from my new to me accord. I guess I’ll send another sample since this one is concerning.

·
ziptie princess
1,619 Posts
installed the hybrid racing shifter detent springs and my new headlights

the detent springs were super easy to install- remove the intake tube and airbox (and clean out all of the leaves and garbage that have been blown into it by the landscapers) and there are three bolts on top of the transmission right by the mount bracket that need to be removed to get to the springs. so far my feelings are mixed- my real issue with the shifting on the accord is that because it's a cable shifter setup, it feels really ropey and loose compared to everything else i've owned (mostly mazdas and fords) that use a rod-style setup. i bought the gear selector and detent spring package hoping to give it a more positive on-center feel and take out some of that slop (and hopefully stop missing 1-2 shifts), and i think they really need to be combined to work properly- the detent springs alone give it a bit more of a notchy feel while doing nothing for what's going on while it's out of gear. so, the gear selector springs will be up next now that i've got some rtv. i thought about getting some acuity cable bushings since i like the design more than the hybrid ones, but i really don't want to run the risk of breaking a cable...

as for the headlights, i have yet to drive at night, but so far, a+? they really modernize the front of the car without looking tacky or cheap (unlike the majority of aftermarket headlights that have leds/led strips) and it's nice to have properly fitting blinkers again. please ignore the state of my front bumper, i walked into one of my dive planes in the dark last week and ripped it off with my knee and am still too annoyed to do anything about it

·
Registered
200 Posts
installed the hybrid racing shifter detent springs and my new headlights
View attachment 528432

the detent springs were super easy to install- remove the intake tube and airbox (and clean out all of the leaves and garbage that have been blown into it by the landscapers) and there are three bolts on top of the transmission right by the mount bracket that need to be removed to get to the springs. so far my feelings are mixed- my real issue with the shifting on the accord is that because it's a cable shifter setup, it feels really ropey and loose compared to everything else i've owned (mostly mazdas and fords) that use a rod-style setup. i bought the gear selector and detent spring package hoping to give it a more positive on-center feel and take out some of that slop (and hopefully stop missing 1-2 shifts), and i think they really need to be combined to work properly- the detent springs alone give it a bit more of a notchy feel while doing nothing for what's going on while it's out of gear. so, the gear selector springs will be up next now that i've got some rtv. i thought about getting some acuity cable bushings since i like the design more than the hybrid ones, but i really don't want to run the risk of breaking a cable...

as for the headlights, i have yet to drive at night, but so far, a+? they really modernize the front of the car without looking tacky or cheap (unlike the majority of aftermarket headlights that have leds/led strips) and it's nice to have properly fitting blinkers again. please ignore the state of my front bumper, i walked into one of my dive planes in the dark last week and ripped it off with my knee and am still too annoyed to do anything about it
Headlights look nice, what are they? I've been considering UC1 headlights, but they are expensive, especially once you add in shipping and importing them.

·
ziptie princess
1,619 Posts
Headlights look nice, what are they? I've been considering UC1 headlights, but they are expensive, especially once you add in shipping and importing them.
i got mine on ebay from a seller called k2motor, i've been watching them for a while and they dropped down to $120ish so i jumped on them. looks like a bunch of other sellers have them now though?

edit: i should point out that yes, uc1 headlights are very nice but there's no way i'm spending that much on an $800 car lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
How long have you had them, Midnight watch? I see stories of people buying these and then they fade or peel after a summer, etc. I.E., after 6-8 months. I've been interested in these, too; however, I don't want to deal with that hassle...

Shumax

·
ziptie princess
1,619 Posts
How long have you had them, Midnight watch? I see stories of people buying these and then they fade or peel after a summer, etc. I.E., after 6-8 months. I've been interested in these, too; however, I don't want to deal with that hassle...

Shumax
given i installed them yesterday...

·
Ken
301 Posts
Grab a sheet of PPF and cover the lens with it; it's cheap insurance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
New-to-me white 2007 5 speed i4, the mighty Value Package edition! :) Replaced the rear speakers with a pair of $45 Sony R-6946 from Wally World. (Discounted from 55.Possibly being discontinued?) They are a revelation when compared to the dismal worn out Pioneers. The highest frequencies seem a hair too bright, with cymbals, etc. being a tad overpowered, even for my middle-aged ears. And backing off the treble leaves a slight sag in the upper midrange. I'll live. Otherwise, they sound great. The stock CD/Radio manages to push juice through the scrawny wiring to make 'enough' volume and bass for comfortable listening. Next up are the fronts. Even with the fader biased strongly to the rear, they start to rattle and distort at about 65% volume.

Stripped the gloppy tint from the driver's side window. The film came off quite easily, but I was perplexed by the remaining adhesive. I tried rubbing alcohol which did nothing. :unsure: For a while I wondered if I'd somehow screwed up the factory tint that remained securely bonded to the glass! But then I tried acetone and it all cleaned up very nicely. The factory tint was unaffected. Stripping the back and right side windows next.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Pulled my Nav unit/radio out of the dash in an attempt to fix the intermittent radio issues. The radio likes to lose signal, or drop stations completely, and seems to be triggered by vibrations. XM and CD works fine when this happens, so it's an issue with the FM radio only.

I reseated everything and it seems to have helped a little. However, I suspect the problem is in the antenna amp or something. I can grab the head unit with both hands and shake it as hard as I can and the radio keeps playing loud and clear, but it gets fuzzy on bumpy roads. So now I have to figure out how to access the radio antenna on the C-pillar I guess.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pulled my Nav unit/radio out of the dash in an attempt to fix the intermittent radio issues. The radio likes to lose signal, or drop stations completely, and seems to be triggered by vibrations. XM and CD works fine when this happens, so it's an issue with the FM radio only.

I reseated everything and it seems to have helped a little. However, I suspect the problem is in the antenna amp or something. I can grab the head unit with both hands and shake it as hard as I can and the radio keeps playing loud and clear, but it gets fuzzy on bumpy roads. So now I have to figure out how to access the radio antenna on the C-pillar I guess.
If I remember correctly you just have to pop off the back drivers side plastic cover and it is right there. I was running my defroster this winter and something back there popped and all the sudden my reception is a ton better. Fixed! 🤣

·
Registered
200 Posts
Managed to get the C-pillar cover off and messed with the antenna amplifier. All the connectors seems fine, and I took everything apart and cleaned it. I can replicate the loss in reception by unplugging the white connector, which I think is 12-volt?

The reception problems only occur when the car is moving at a decent speed, and I am also unable to replicate them by tapping the antenna amp or rear windshield. I followed the antenna wire down behind the seat up until it went under the floor liner, but it seemed to be in good shape, and wiggling it also did not replicate the reception loss.

I think the antenna amp is the culprit, but I don't wanna spend $80 on one to have it be the wiring, and since this seems to be a somewhat common problem, there's no guarantee a junkyard unit would be good either.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Only the facts

15141 - 15160 of 15217 Posts