Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

15161 - 15180 of 15217 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I installed the FOURTH passenger door lock actuator on the '03. Yes, the previous two were cheapies. This one is from Autozone, and has a lifetime guarantee.

Reactions: frogvtec

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
200 Posts
Got brand new tires mounted and balanced on some 06' TL alloys. They were a heck of a steal, $25 each off a junkyard car. They're about an inch wider than the factory alloys, slightly lighter(?), and I think they look better (they certainly looked better than my flaking and corroded alloys).

They ended up being a bit wider than I expected, but I kinda dig the look. Unfortunately, they did not get rid of the vibrations above 55 (in fact, they feel a bit worse), so it looks like I need new CV axles soon. Still, 200k miles is pretty good for the factory ones.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm trying to just go ahead and change the main relay and ignition switch (buzzing). I still can start w/o issues, but feel like I may as well just change it to prevent future issues?

·
Ken
301 Posts
@capkirk123

Looks good! If you're planning a drop, even a mild one, it'll naturally tuck anyway. I forget that the sedan body doesn't allow for more offset like the coupe.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
@capkirk123 those are actually 07-08 wheels. The TL was refreshed for 07-08 and had those wheels, 04-06 had a different set.

But you're not kidding that they're wider.

Your stock 7.5 Gen V6 wheels: 17x6.5 +55 215/50R17
07-08 Acura TL (Base & Type S) wheels: 17x8 +45 235/45R17

So the TL wheels sit 30mm more outboard, and 10mm more inboard than your stock wheels.

What tire size did you go with on the TL wheels? They look pretty wide.

·
Registered
200 Posts
@capkirk123 those are actually 07-08 wheels. The TL was refreshed for 07-08 and had those wheels, 04-06 had a different set.

But you're not kidding that they're wider.

Your stock 7.5 Gen V6 wheels: 17x6.5 +55 215/50R17
07-08 Acura TL (Base & Type S) wheels: 17x8 +45 235/45R17

So the TL wheels sit 30mm more outboard, and 10mm more inboard than your stock wheels.

What tire size did you go with on the TL wheels? They look pretty wide.
I went with the stock tire size for the TL, 235/45 R17. In hindsight, sticking with narrower tires would probably be better for my fuel economy, but so far I haven't noticed much of a decrease.

Despite my barely functioning power steering, they are no harder to turn than the stock wheels, so I don't have any complaints. They ride a whole lot better too, and I have a lot more grip.

·
ziptie princess
1,619 Posts
installed my hids and hybrid racing gear selector spring kit

hids were straightforward and easy- went with 5000k (i had 6000k in my zx2 and they were too blue for my taste) and used a nice relay harness to make everything work.

gear selector spring install... did not go quite as well. broke a bolt holding the selector in, and for some reason it wants to pop out of reverse or not engage it in the first place. also the new cotter pins i bought didn't fit, so i'm using a hairpin to hold one of the cables in until the new pins i ordered show up. seems like all of the lower gears are slightly further out than they need to be and that's causing an issue with the cable, but i'm not entirely sure what causes that. i'm guessing i'm going to have to pull it apart again, but i'll email h-r to see what they have to say

·
Registered
200 Posts
I got my new wheels straightened (all 4 were in fact bent) and my tires properly balanced with a road force machine. And oh my God the difference is huge.

Even with the stock wheels the vibrations were bad enough I though I had a bad CV joint. I couldn't go over 70 or my hands would go numb. Now, it rides so smooth you can barely tell the car is moving, even at 85.

It was pricey (I'd be able to buy 4 aftermarket copies of the Acura wheels, or 2 authentic ones, for the money I've spent), but it'd say it's still worth it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Got brand new tires mounted and balanced on some 06' TL alloys. They were a heck of a steal, $25 each off a junkyard car. They're about an inch wider than the factory alloys, slightly lighter(?), and I think they look better (they certainly looked better than my flaking and corroded alloys).

They ended up being a bit wider than I expected, but I kinda dig the look. Unfortunately, they did not get rid of the vibrations above 55 (in fact, they feel a bit worse), so it looks like I need new CV axles soon. Still, 200k miles is pretty good for the factory ones.
View attachment 528612
Checking vehicle tire sizes at Tire Rack, yeah the 17" wheels on the TL are wider than stock Accord, and quite a bit more expensive per tire, if that matters. It would be interesting to see how the handling feels.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Checking vehicle tire sizes at Tire Rack, yeah the 17" wheels on the TL are wider than stock Accord, and quite a bit more expensive per tire, if that matters. It would be interesting to see how the handling feels.
The handling feels pretty similar, and steering isn't any heavier. However, it does have a lot more grip on dry pavement. I can barely spin the wheels anymore, and it turns much better.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The handling feels pretty similar, and steering isn't any heavier. However, it does have a lot more grip on dry pavement. I can barely spin the wheels anymore, and it turns much better.
I put 17x 7.5 wheels on mine and they work with the same tire size. The General Altimax RT43s I have work for up to 7.5 inch wide wheels

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
432 Posts
Did an oil change. Inspected brake pad, axle and stuff while I had wheel off. Looked same and good. Hope she stays that way for a few more years. lol

Reactions: Greg RC

·
ziptie princess
1,619 Posts
shifter cables and stuff showed up today, shoutout to bernardi honda for coming through on the cables

looks like next weekend i'll be replacing the cables, and may do the front pipe and cat while i'm at it (if i get ambitious)

15161 - 15180 of 15217 Posts