Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

15301 - 15320 of 15341 Posts

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
338 Posts
Junkyard trip on the quest for a mag manifold. Pulled the manifolds off a 2006, 2007, and 2009 Odyssey, put them next to each other, and guessed their weight. They all felt the same, I think they were all aluminum. Maybe the higher trim odysseys got a mag manifold? On the plus side, I did get a blank top plate rather than one with valves in it, so I can use that.

I'm gonna stop cluttering this thread with my fruitless adventures. I'm just gonna tap a vacuum port into my manifold for the active engine mounts, and live with the crack since it's not leaking or anything.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did my first timing belt on my son's 2007 V6 coupe. Used Eric the car guys video and took our time marking everything including the original timing belt, then lining up those marks onto the new timing belt so that the new belt lined up perfectly to the original factory setup. This car was long overdue not due to mileage but due to age as it has less than 70,000 miles on it. The original timing belt was in very good condition despite its age.

Rather tedious at times because of limited access and without a car lift and laying on the garage floor, but when finished it was very satisfying to know the job was done right and saved a considerable amount of money for my son.

Gave me confidence to tackle my Audi A8 when the time comes for its second timing belt.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Did my first timing belt on my son's 2007 V6 coupe. Used Eric the car guys video and took our time marking everything including the original timing belt, then lining up those marks onto the new timing belt so that the new belt lined up perfectly to the original factory setup.
Isn't the internet great? It's now so much easier to figure out what's wrong with our cars and how we need to repair or do maintenance on them because of the countless videos available to us. I'm in my mid-50s. The best we had back in the day were the Haynes or Chilton manuals, and if you could find one and afford it, you might get the service manual. But they were all just words and images. Videos are just so much more helpful.

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
338 Posts
Drained my power steering reservoir of whatever strange black gunk was in it, removed it and gave it a nice bath in hot water and dish soap. Once it was dry, I reinstalled it and filled it with Honda power steering fluid. The power steering got a bit less stiff, but unfortunately I think there’s no saving the pump. It leaks out of every hole, including the shaft. Hopefully a new pump will fix it.

·
Super Moderator
6,557 Posts
Drained my power steering reservoir of whatever strange black gunk was in it, removed it and gave it a nice bath in hot water and dish soap. Once it was dry, I reinstalled it and filled it with Honda power steering fluid. The power steering got a bit less stiff, but unfortunately I think there’s no saving the pump. It leaks out of every hole, including the shaft. Hopefully a new pump will fix it.
I have a thread on the V6 ps pump rebuild. Search for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did my first timing belt on my son's 2007 V6 coupe..... This car was long overdue not due to mileage but due to age as it has less than 70,000 miles on it. The original timing belt was in very good condition despite its age.
That's very low for a 2007!! And here I thought my 2007 was low sitting at 88,000. It's also due for a timing belt. My only concern is getting the crankshaft bolt loose. :eek:

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,367 Posts
Just checked today...

When I adjusted valves, I didn't clean the corrosions on the mating surface well, which might have resulted a slight leak of fumes.

A few days ago, I cleaned the corrosion with sandpaper. It seems to have sealed much better

·
ziptie princess
1,687 Posts

finally got my throttle body situation all sorted out with the new/modified cable bracket. still have some adjusting to do because the revs are hanging a bit with the clutch in and aren't dropping back to 700 like they did when i first put it back together. i think it's partially due to the fact that the bracket is for putting an rsx k-series into a dc2 and is angled for an rbc manifold, not the tsx manifold i have, so the throttle cable is angled up funny

15301 - 15320 of 15341 Posts