Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

15321 - 15340 of 15341 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's very low for a 2007!! And here I thought my 2007 was low sitting at 88,000. It's also due for a timing belt. My only concern is getting the crankshaft bolt loose. :eek:
Yes breaking the crankshaft bolt lose is the deal breaker. I invested in the high torque Milwaukee 1/2 inch cordless impact to tackle the job as that is an extremely tough but to crack.

Tried a standard 19mm impact socket and full beans on the adjustable Milwaukee and the Honda just laughed. Knowing this was an issue, I already purchased the Lisle very heavy 19mm special socket for the Honda/ Acura crank bolt. Took the bolt out like it was nothing.

Highly recommend a similar set up for anyone doing this job.
Expensive special tools required for German cars.
Only tools need are the bar to lock the cams in place and an insert to lock the crank. Can be had for less than $250. Even with the special tools, the DIY savings are significant.

For the timing belt, water pump, tensioners, etc in the A8 requires putting it in service mode. Which pulls the full front clip off the front if the car providing nearly full access to the face of the engine. Making things much easier.

I have another 25k miles to go so it will be a while before taking on the chore.

·
Pilot without a plane
729 Posts
Changed transmission fluid. Did it after 80k this time. Was being difficult at times to change gears.

Took the car on a sweet 250 mile test drive. Shifts better, but not getting much sleep tonight...

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,399 Posts
Changed transmission fluid. Did it after 80k this time. Was being difficult at times to change gears.

Took the car on a sweet 250 mile test drive. Shifts better, but not getting much sleep tonight...
Staying ahead of me, are ya???

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Pilot without a plane
729 Posts
Staying ahead of me, are ya???

You up working late too? You gained another 1k on me last week.

Been on call the past two nights. Helping out the company because no one else wanted to work.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,399 Posts
You up working late too? You gained another 1k on me last week.

Been on call the past two nights. Helping out the company because no one else wanted to work.
My company had the same issue with no workers. But, their systems were down for a few days. So, they still accepted a ton of work, which led to burnout...

·
Registered
04 Accord V6 6spd
12 Posts
Change my oil last week and now every once in a while on start up I’m getting an intermittent misfire on all cylinders. I guess I’ll be putting new coils and spark plugs in over the weekend.

·
Pilot without a plane
729 Posts
Change my oil last week and now every once in a while on start up I’m getting an intermittent misfire on all cylinders. I guess I’ll be putting new coils and spark plugs in over the weekend.
New spark plugs alone may fix it. I had a bad experience with parts store coils. Ended up scavenging some OEM coils from the junkyard that had less use than mine. They've been doing fine for me. More details in my car's thread.

·
Super Moderator
6,557 Posts
Just checked today...

When I adjusted valves, I didn't clean the corrosions on the mating surface well, which might have resulted a slight leak of fumes.

A few days ago, I cleaned the corrosion with sandpaper. It seems to have sealed much better
You will get oil misting out of the top cover if you reuse the old gasket or not torque down down all bolts and the 2 nuts evenly. Use a new gasket or use Permatex copper gasket spray to "create" a layer of sealing material then torque down evenly using an inch pound 1/4" drive torque wrench.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The thing I did with my 7th Gen today was to sell it. It's a 2005 and has 283K miles on it. It's in fair condition. I sold it to Carmax for $1200. I suppose I could have gotten as much as $2000 by selling it to an individual, but I just wanted to get it over with. I don't really have time to mess with tire kickers And I was able to clear the damn P0139 code that popped up just as I was leaving to go to Carmax.

I also got a quote from a couple of online sites last week. Those were laughable. Vroom offered $200, and Carvana offered $100. :oops:

The reason to sell it is because my aunt just sold me her 2010 Accord EX-L 4-cylinder with 56,000 for only $5000. She could've possibly got twice that. But she likes me. :) So I went from a high mileage bare-bones DX to a low mileage top of the line model.

Old and new pictured:

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
338 Posts
Got an oil change (synthetic blend because the service writer misheard me :/), replaced the magnefine transmission filter I added with the trans cooler (with only 5k miles on it, probably way too early, but I changed the trans fluid recently so whatever), and removed my spare tire (it’s starting to dry rot, so it’s not like I’d get much use out of it anyway).

·
Registered
12 Posts
The thing I did with my 7th Gen today was to sell it. It's a 2005 and has 283K miles on it. It's in fair condition. I sold it to Carmax for $1200. I suppose I could have gotten as much as $2000 by selling it to an individual, but I just wanted to get it over with. I don't really have time to mess with tire kickers And I was able to clear the damn P0139 code that popped up just as I was leaving to go to Carmax.

I also got a quote from a couple of online sites last week. Those were laughable. Vroom offered $200, and Carvana offered $100. :oops:

The reason to sell it is because my aunt just sold me her 2010 Accord EX-L 4-cylinder with 56,000 for only $5000. She could've possibly got twice that. But she likes me. :) So I went from a high mileage bare-bones DX to a low mileage top of the line model.

Old and new pictured:

View attachment 531186
You could have easily sold it for 2.5K or even 3K in this market. Just check out those for sale around you. I personally find the 8th gen you bought as the least likeable generation of the last 4-5 gens. It was the largest of all gens and the least sold generation in the US. This was somewhat due to the economy crashing at the time. However, the boat like size and ugly interior was also a factor IMO. The middle dash is hideous with 89 buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
You could have easily sold it for 2.5K or even 3K in this market. Just check out those for sale around you. I personally find the 8th gen you bought as the least likeable generation of the last 4-5 gens. It was the largest of all gens and the least sold generation in the US. This was somewhat due to the economy crashing at the time. However, the boat like size and ugly interior was also a factor IMO. The middle dash is hideous with 89 buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear ya. We all have are preferences. I personally prefer it over the 7th gen. I bought the 2005 from the first owner 3 years ago for $2700. So you could say it cost me $500 for each year of use. That's not too bad. It was also in serious need of struts, shocks, drum brakes and more. Plus the P0139 that would pop up all the time. Instead of replacing all of those things to get it ready for individuals looking at it, leaving it as-is and selling to CarMax for less was a better idea, in my opinion.

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
338 Posts
Yeah, $2000 isn't bad for a VP with issues. They didn't even have cruise control. In my opinion the 8th gen sedan is easily the ugliest Accord, but they drive surprisingly well.

·
07 Honda Accord EX-L V6
283 Posts
so i had to replace my TRS morimoto kit with a new one cuz one of the igniters failing. the new kit is weirdly causing my traction control, ABS, and hand brake light (sometimes one of them, sometimes all of them) to come on. anyone experienced this before? TRS said to try moving the ground wire

Yeah, $2000 isn't bad for a VP with issues. They didn't even have cruise control. In my opinion the 8th gen sedan is easily the ugliest Accord, but they drive surprisingly well.
i was lookin at 7th and 8th gen when i bought mine. saw how many buttons there were in the 8th gen center console and went straight for the 7th. never reconsidered. 13.5 years later at 149k miles. still love this car :D

·
Registered
2005 LX, K24A4, 5MT, 220k
36 Posts
I finally got around to installing a mic for my aftermarket stereo so I can make Bluetooth calls. While I had the dash open, I rewired the stereo connections with crimp connectors instead of e-tape. Not sure why I didn’t install them correctly in the first place but that was 2017 me, not 2021 me!

Also got a pic of my “accord squad” in the driveway. my roommate has the silver ‘03 lx and my neighbor/bff has the gunmetal ‘06 ex.

15321 - 15340 of 15341 Posts