Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
15341 - 15360 of 15443 Posts

·
Pilot without a plane
773 Posts
Messed with the plastics on the front of the car. Put on a new passenger fender liner and reattached my crappy splash shield. Had to use construction adhesive to fix a crack on the lower part of the bumper cover.

Still in O2 sensor hell. Going to order new cats. Looks like Walker is the recommendation because they're the OEM supplier.

·
Pilot without a plane
773 Posts
What is O2 sensor hell?
Have tried every other thing I could think of to get the CEL to stay off because of cat low efficiency codes. Finally ordered new Walker cats today. Will do a writeup soon on "how to not be like me" in this situation.

·
Registered
2005 Accord i4, EX-L, w/o NAV
52 Posts
Well, not today, but 2 days ago.

Gave it a good wash. 5 minutes after that, it rained heavily. Car's been sparkling since then; even without the sun. I keep peeping through my window to admire it as if isn't mine.

·
Registered
2005 Accord i4, EX-L, w/o NAV
52 Posts
Lmao, I do that too! Even if she hasn't been freshly washed, I look out at her so often that my across-the-street neighbor asked my mom if I was paranoid or something.

Just means we both bought the right car!
Oh, yes!
We certainly bought the right cars.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
This was yesterday but I’m just now sitting down for the night.

I changed my accessory belt and bought a new battery.

It was my first time changing out the belt. The indicator is right in the middle of the long bar!

I’m pretty sure I have it on and lined up properly on all the pulleys. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow when I drive to work. I let it run for a while and it didn’t look like it was off track or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 LX, K24A4, 5MT, 220k
42 Posts
I clipped the opened door of a mailbox on my commute a couple of weeks ago. Only caught the passenger side mirror, no damage to the body, but I lost the plastic trim piece and smashed the mirror. So today was junkyard day and they had an ‘07 lx in white with a pristine mirror that I picked up for about $35 after tax and installed it in the parking lot.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Accord V6 Coupe 6 speed MT
25 Posts
Changed my accessory drive belt for the second time as preventive maintenance. Used Mitsuboshi this time around.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Are those new housings? What projector and shroud did you use?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was looking for these for a while and didnt want to pay more than 200 on lighting. I almost went and used my mini H1 hid kit from TRS but saw these online. I just searched and searched and most places were sold out. Luckily on Sam's motorsports they had 3 or 4 left and I pulled trigger on them for the price. Hint if you do want it and they have some left. Sign up on their email list and you get 5% off. Shipping was free. They dont fit super flush like oem but I'm still satisfied with fitment for sure. Especially the payoff with osram night breakers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
View attachment 531771

·
Registered
2005 LX, K24A4, 5MT, 220k
42 Posts
I got inspired by the forum and got new headlights for the accord. Spec-D black projectors. the fit is okay. Still looking better and illuminating better than stock. I pulled the intake resonator while I had the bumper off. It didn’t seem to make much of a difference in sound to me but I could be wrong.

All together, this project took about 3 hours, with a few smoke breaks, cleanup, and about a 4-mile test drive. I’ll snap some photos next time I wash it.

15341 - 15360 of 15443 Posts