Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
15381 - 15400 of 15443 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX Coupe-V6
15 Posts
What's the failing rate on these? Never had any problems with them on any vehicles owned.
To be honest I dont know, I just got my Accord last wed, and it is the first Honda I have owned. Over the weekend I noticed the left rear seat was lose and that part of the clip was cracked, so I did some research on here, then ordered the clips. I think I saw 2-3 short threads on here, and 1 vid on youtube. But all told, it took about 2 min to pop the old one out and put the new one in.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Went to pik a part and saw they had a hybrid accord. Went ahead and got the front aluminum rebar for 18 and some change. Was going to get the aluminum hood but it was storming hard. Maybe next time if it's still there. Removed passenger seat and spare tire. Now to calculate mpgs. Full weight I've been averaging 25ish mpgs but with rear aluminum rebar already. Was also looking for rear diffuser but no luck lol.
20210722_154840.jpg
20210722_154846.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX Coupe-V6
15 Posts
Went to pik a part and saw they had a hybrid accord. Went ahead and got the front aluminum rebar for 18 and some change. Was going to get the aluminum hood but it was storming hard. Maybe next time if it's still there. Removed passenger seat and spare tire. Now to calculate mpgs. Full weight I've been averaging 25ish mpgs but with rear aluminum rebar already. Was also looking for rear diffuser but no luck lol. View attachment 532619 View attachment 532620

Nice, I saw on the news you guys were getting some pretty intense storms down there in Las Vegas. I was there a few weeks ago when it was a nice balmy 116-117.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Like straight forward installs. Yes it was 100 degrees and humid but a quick install helped motivate me lol.

Vegas!? It has been a brutal summer and only halfway through. I'll take the heat instead of shoveling snow still. Hope you had a great trip man! View attachment 532626 View attachment 532627 View attachment 532628

Did only the hybrids have these in aluminum? Mine is stock steel and it's somewhat rusty, so aluminum would be great. $18 is a steal

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX Coupe-V6
15 Posts
Like straight forward installs. Yes it was 100 degrees and humid but a quick install helped motivate me lol.

Vegas!? It has been a brutal summer and only halfway through. I'll take the heat instead of shoveling snow still. Hope you had a great trip man! View attachment 532626 View attachment 532627 View attachment 532628

I used to have a 1980 chevy stepside, and every thing was badic and staight forward, you didnt have to move 6 other parts toget to what you needed to work on. Vegas was fun, when I left it was 115, when my plane landed in Oakland Ca, it was 68. 😄

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did only the hybrids have these in aluminum? Mine is stock steel and it's somewhat rusty, so aluminum would be great. $18 is a steal
Yup..iirc txaccord or another member did do a hybrid parts list that are interchangeable. From aluminum hood, rear control arm, front and aluminum rear reinforcement bar. My fave mod is rsx 16' wheels. Very noticeable and lightweight.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I used to have a 1980 chevy stepside, and every thing was badic and staight forward, you didnt have to move 6 other parts toget to what you needed to work on. Vegas was fun, when I left it was 115, when my plane landed in Oakland Ca, it was 68.
No kidding, changing a lightbulb requires so much work nowadays.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
While hopping on the freeway merging into traffic got caught up in the moment checking all the sides during merge that when I was up to speed of 70 looked at cluster and saw that I was at 4000 rpms then looked down and I was still in 4th and forgot to upshift.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,454 Posts

·
ziptie princess
1,732 Posts
Yes, I try to be a good boy and keep it under 3000 rpms be it automatic or recently acquired manual.
that sounds boring

mine sees redline every time i drive it. honda gave me 6700rpm and i’m gonna use all of them

I guess you can say I do not know what vtech sounds like when it kicks in.
k24 or j30?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
that sounds boring

mine sees redline every time i drive it. honda gave me 6700rpm and i’m gonna use all of them

k24 or j30?
I guess since you are a witch your super fast stealthy mortar is supposed to be fun to fly around.
Me, a pretty much noob to my, not alot of prev experience. Bought 066 /6 with almost 200k, no idea what condition clutch, TB is in. As of today, in channel vent visors are up for grabs (maybe possibly broken, front passenger side missing) to a new home, new owner pays shipping or picks it up for free.
J30 6 mt

·
Registered
443 Posts
Great pics and work.
Crazy motor mount, must feel 0 vibration and like a new car. lol
Clean rebar. Chicago fan huh. Matt Forte all day. :p

Reactions: chefo.soriano

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
376 Posts
You can't hear VTEC on the J30, but it kicks pretty good. Maybe it's just because I have ported runners and manifold, but you can feel it surge forward when VTEC comes on. And it'll come on as early as 4000 RPM too.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I think I may have found the source of B1226 DTC. Looks like some has been in there for some unknown reason.

15381 - 15400 of 15443 Posts