Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
15581 - 15600 of 15655 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did an Ebay leather arm rest. Not bad for 19 bucks. Once the glue cures those bubbles should disappear. Definitely dont want to show the before pics.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Bumper Asphalt
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Prefers to shift his own gears
840 Posts
It's been a Honda repair weekend for me:

Repaired air intake and wrapped intake with DEI insulating tape

Cleaned and oiled air filter

Installed body pieces due to damage from wreck

Pics and video in my car's thread

·
2000 Accord LX Coup. 6 cylinder 3.0 excellent cond
2000 Accord LX Coup. 6 cylinder 3.0 180500.miles
1 Posts
this should be a nice thread that goes long & long. post what you did to your car today whether it was good or bad!

i removed both door panels. my passenger door for the past 2 days due to the rain has somehow got water on my speaker grill and also on the passenger floor carpet. i sealed up the rest of the door and sealed up the grommets even more w/ silicone on both door skins and underneath the carpet and lets hope it doesnt leak anymore.

i got a few things to do on sunday on my day off!
Newbie here😊 I just bought a 2000 LX coup 6 cylinder 3.0 How do I tell what generation my car is.
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

·
I think I drove my 2013 too much.....
146 Posts
I replaced my optima group 35 red with... An Odyssey group 35. The group 35 upgrade is essential doing. The Odyssey was a warranty replacement at AutoZone; the optima died 4 months short of the 3 year warranty.

Product Bumper Red Font Automotive exterior

Product Red Font Door Telephone

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design
Receipt Sleeve Font Fluid Material property

Left: at rest. Right: running. This battery is a monster, and it's the entry level Odyssey / Northstar.

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
440 Posts
Lightweight aluminum pulley from Gerzy Bear Performance
View attachment 534568 View attachment 534570

View attachment 534571
Looks nice, and I'd be a lot more comfortable with a lightweight pulley on my power steering pump than replacing the harmonic damper. A bit pricey though. I'll think about it when I finally get around to fixing my very leaky PS pump.

I removed the Honda Accord Hybrid magnesium intake manifold from my car, due to the alarming spread of the cracks in it. It isn't leaking yet, but I don't wanna chance it. I replace it with another Honda Accord Hybrid magnesium intake manifold I just picked up.
Tableware Kitchen utensil Serveware Cookware and bakeware Table

·
Super Moderator
6,658 Posts
I replaced my optima group 35 red with... An Odyssey group 35. The group 35 upgrade is essential doing. The Odyssey was a warranty replacement at AutoZone; the optima died 4 months short of the 3 year warranty.

Left: at rest. Right: running. This battery is a monster, and it's the entry level Odyssey / Northstar.
So why are you buying expensive AGM batteries? I have a Walmart Everstart Maxx that just went past 5.5 years and I live in the snow belt.

Optima is overrated.

·
146 Posts
So why are you buying expensive AGM batteries? I have a Walmart Everstart Maxx that just went past 5.5 years and I live in the snow belt.

Optima is overrated.
I bought the optima in February 2019, to do the group 35 upgrade. At the time, I had coupons and discount codes that brought the price of the optima down to 150. The optima had a 3-year warranty, and it only made it 2 and 1/2 years. Granted even those two and a half years were longer than about the 12 to 15 months I would get from a 51r battery. The Odyssey, because it was the only one comparable that the AutoZone had in stock, was ultimately selected as the warranty replacement. So in the end, I got that battery for the $150 that I spent back in 2019 because of the warranty replacement.

·
Super Moderator
6,658 Posts
I bought the optima in February 2019, to do the group 35 upgrade. At the time, I had coupons and discount codes that brought the price of the optima down to 150. The optima had a 3-year warranty, and it only made it 2 and 1/2 years. Granted even those two and a half years were longer than about the 12 to 15 months I would get from a 51r battery. The Odyssey, because it was the only one comparable that the AutoZone had in stock, was ultimately selected as the warranty replacement. So in the end, I got that battery for the $150 that I spent back in 2019 because of the warranty replacement.
Are you making super short driving trips? I've never had a battery last less than 4 years on any car. You also should check your alternator.

Optima became garbage after its production moved to Mexico. Just search on the web, and you'll find this originally priced $250 batteries cannot even make 3 years. The only advantage of the Optima battery is that it's lighter than the flooded ones.

·
146 Posts
Are you making super short driving trips? I've never had a battery last less than 4 years on any car. You also should check your alternator.

Optima became garbage after its production moved to Mexico. Just search on the web, and you'll find this originally priced $250 batteries cannot even make 3 years. The only advantage of the Optima battery is that it's lighter than the flooded ones.
Usually I drive 4-5 miles per day. So yes it's a lot of short driving. Once per week I'll go for a 20-30 mile drive. The alternator is still at 14.24v. here's a recent test of the Odyssey.
Receipt Sleeve Font Fluid Material property

Left picture is at rest after 6 hours, right is the 2500rpm load test

·
Super Moderator
6,658 Posts
Usually I drive 4-5 miles per day. So yes it's a lot of short driving. Once per week I'll go for a 20-30 mile drive. The alternator is still at 14.24v. here's a recent test of the Odyssey. View attachment 534582

Left picture is at rest after 6 hours, right is the 2500rpm load test
Then that's the issue, too many short distance drives. You can keep it plugged in on a battery tender to make the battery last longer when you aren't driving it.

Bypass expensive or deep cycle batteries unless you place heavy electrical load on your car like having a massive sound system. I started my car with 640CCA Everstart Maxx when it was -30F two years ago outside of Chicago. You don't ever need 1000+ CCA on a normal car.

·
146 Posts
Then that's the issue, too many short distance drives. You can keep it plugged in on a battery tender to make the battery last longer when you aren't driving it.

Bypass expensive or deep cycle batteries unless you place heavy electrical load on your car like having a massive sound system. I started my car with 640CCA Everstart Maxx when it was -30F two years ago outside of Chicago. You don't ever need 1000+ CCA on a normal car.
I also go to Pennsylvania to visit my dad, and it can be 10 below in the winter. Also don't have a garage, so I can't run a cord to the car unless I want an open front door. At the time I got the optima, I didn't know better. This Odyssey, was the replacement. I do make sure to give it a good drive every week. And once a month, a very good drive.

Reactions: stiller fan

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
440 Posts
What the?! Was it cracked when you got it??
Yeah, it was cracked when I took it off the Hybrid. The crack was pretty small and it didn't leak, so I installed it anyway. But it kept spreading so I hunted down a new one.

15581 - 15600 of 15655 Posts