·
I think I drove my 2013 too much.....
146 Posts
Reactions: chefo.soriano

·
Registered
2005 LX, K24A4, 5MT, 220k
51 Posts
New LEDs in the front. The stock H1 bulb that came with my projectors didn’t even make it 3 months.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX V6
99 Posts
Long time no post here. Sorry gentlemen. It has been unadventurous time with the Accord for the last year or so and now finally I get to do some work that I have been wanting to do.

Last 2 weeks and yesterday I have been tackling the oil pump reseal. Yesterday I finally got the oil pump out, got new o rings and gaskets picked up from the dealer and I cleaned up the pump as best as I was able to.

Today I hope to get the oil pump back in and I will figure out if I should proceed with the oil pan tonight or later as I know it is best to give the hondabond gasket time to clean a few hours / 24 hours.

Now I am back on the forum to find that t-rd oil pump reseal post w/ instructions to make sure I replace everything that needs to be replaced at this state so I do not have to come back to it later. There are 2 allen screws on the oil pump that I will figure out if something needs to be done with those.

·
Super Moderator
6,658 Posts
Long time no post here. Sorry gentlemen. It has been unadventurous time with the Accord for the last year or so and now finally I get to do some work that I have been wanting to do.

Last 2 weeks and yesterday I have been tackling the oil pump reseal. Yesterday I finally got the oil pump out, got new o rings and gaskets picked up from the dealer and I cleaned up the pump as best as I was able to.

Today I hope to get the oil pump back in and I will figure out if I should proceed with the oil pan tonight or later as I know it is best to give the hondabond gasket time to clean a few hours / 24 hours.

Now I am back on the forum to find that t-rd oil pump reseal post w/ instructions to make sure I replace everything that needs to be replaced at this state so I do not have to come back to it later. There are 2 allen screws on the oil pump that I will figure out if something needs to be done with those.
I suggest you don't crack open the 2 bolts with the allen head, I did not. There should be a spring inside each screw and is oil pressure controlled, much like what you see inside the VTEC spool valve mechanism. Give it 24 hours for hondabond to dry on the pump. Use red locktite on the oil pump bolts.

You'll find the oil pan to be tougher to set on because you need to sneak the thing in with the passenger side of the engine tilted up.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I changed outer tie rod ends on my 2003 Accord! Did a video while at it.
Just out of curiosity, where do you live ? There is a lot of traffic noise in the background, sounds like one of the Asian cities with lots of moped traffic.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX V6
99 Posts
I suggest you don't crack open the 2 bolts with the allen head, I did not. There should be a spring inside each screw and is oil pressure controlled, much like what you see inside the VTEC spool valve mechanism. Give it 24 hours for hondabond to dry on the pump. Use red locktite on the oil pump bolts.

You'll find the oil pan to be tougher to set on because you need to sneak the thing in with the passenger side of the engine tilted up.
Fortunately I did not open up those bolts. I figured if I need then both can be opened after all is installed.

I did yolo into installing the oil pump and the pan back in with not waiting 24 hours to let oil pump dry thinking that dealers usually do not do that even though I did it last time with the oil pan myself. My oil pump bolts did not have red locktite on them so I opted to not put the locktite on mine either. This may have been a mistake but I had some spare time to install yesterday and wanted to go ahead and proceed. I could probably have waited and just done the install tonight/tomorrow night to let the gasket dry for 24 hours but I have been working longer hours and just wanted to move it along. This may turn into a mistake and I will report back if it does. This time I also did not put a small bead of gasket on but smeared it on with a finger to put on the surface even a smaller amount of hondabond.

So the recommended procedure is to install the hondabond, hand tighten oil pump/oil pan, wait 24 hours and then torque it down?

·
Super Moderator
6,658 Posts
Fortunately I did not open up those bolts. I figured if I need then both can be opened after all is installed.

I did yolo into installing the oil pump and the pan back in with not waiting 24 hours to let oil pump dry thinking that dealers usually do not do that even though I did it last time with the oil pan myself. My oil pump bolts did not have red locktite on them so I opted to not put the locktite on mine either. This may have been a mistake but I had some spare time to install yesterday and wanted to go ahead and proceed. I could probably have waited and just done the install tonight/tomorrow night to let the gasket dry for 24 hours but I have been working longer hours and just wanted to move it along. This may turn into a mistake and I will report back if it does. This time I also did not put a small bead of gasket on but smeared it on with a finger to put on the surface even a smaller amount of hondabond.

So the recommended procedure is to install the hondabond, hand tighten oil pump/oil pan, wait 24 hours and then torque it down?
Wait half an hour to an hour then you can torque down bolts, evenly using a 1/4" drive low range torque. However, if you read the instruction, it's not oil and heat resistant until about 16 hours later and it doesn't really cure for a few days from experience. I had minor oil seepage from between the pump and the block after the first drive, then all oil seepage stopped after a week or so.

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,722 Posts
Putting my 2003 6-6 up for sale! 216,566 miles, runs like a champ! Have a second set of wheels with winter tires that can go with it. This is the factory HFP model. Its not mint by any means, but it runs and drives and shifts and stops as it should. AC works good!
Located in the Twin Cites area. PM me for more details.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX V6
99 Posts
Wait half an hour to an hour then you can torque down bolts, evenly using a 1/4" drive low range torque. However, if you read the instruction, it's not oil and heat resistant until about 16 hours later and it doesn't really cure for a few days from experience. I had minor oil seepage from between the pump and the block after the first drive, then all oil seepage stopped after a week or so.
In this case I have relied on Youtube for actual steps and the manual for torque specs. I probably will not have it ready for another 4 weeks so I will be good with the material curing since I can only work some weekends and late evenings. I do have a lot more work left on it (finish water pump, valve adjustments + gaskets on top and replace the radiator).

I just hope the pan and pump will not leak. Pan is probably fine since it is fairly easy to correct but the oil pump is a different animal like you know.

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
440 Posts
Pulled over to help someone by the side of the highway today. They had a bad thermostat and had already called AAA. However, when I went to pull back into traffic, one of my half-shafts snapped.

So, I had to call a tow truck too and take it to my mechanic. I can probably fix it myself, but I would rather have it fixed as quickly as possible. I wanted to replace the CV axles and half shafts anyway, since they're probably responsible for the slight vibration I've got, but looks like I don't have a choice now.

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
364 Posts
Pulled over to help someone by the side of the highway today. They had a bad thermostat and had already called AAA. However, when I went to pull back into traffic, one of my half-shafts snapped.

So, I had to call a tow truck too and take it to my mechanic. I can probably fix it myself, but I would rather have it fixed as quickly as possible. I wanted to replace the CV axles and half shafts anyway, since they're probably responsible for the slight vibration I've got, but looks like I don't have a choice now.

View attachment 534838
WHen it snapped you managed to get back to the shoulder?

15601 - 15620 of 15655 Posts