Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
15621 - 15640 of 15655 Posts

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
440 Posts
WHen it snapped you managed to get back to the shoulder?
Never left the shoulder. Gunned it to try and make a gap in traffic, it kicked down into 1st, I heard a snap and the car stopped accelerating while the speedo kept going up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just out of curiosity, where do you live ? There is a lot of traffic noise in the background, sounds like one of the Asian cities with lots of moped traffic.
Lol at the traffic noise. I'm in Abuja.

Reactions: Cepega

·
Registered
80 Posts
Applied some AmorAll protectant to my 6D floor mats. Makes cleaning easier.
Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Also did a compression test on the car, using my Autel scanner.
Basically a demonstration of scanner function and not that I was troubleshooting something. Video below

·
Registered
395 Posts
I suggest you upgrade something else than an exhaust that yields little HP until the top end. You might get a droning issue also.
I was just doing the exhaust because of an existing leak. Figured it was a good time to go aftermarket and I don't really mind the drone based on the one I've driven with the exhaust.I might honestly drop the exhaust idea and just get the leak patched.

But, since you recommend pursuing a different upgrade, what do you suggest? I've looked into doing the J35 manifold, still on the search for one (just not actively ATM). I also have a pair of RL calipers I was thinking about swapping on. Those need paint and a rebuild though.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
P2138 code. Limp mode happened twice. Waiting on the new APP sensor I ordered. Hopefully an easy install. Coolant and ATF drain and fill next

·
Super Moderator
6,658 Posts
I was just doing the exhaust because of an existing leak. Figured it was a good time to go aftermarket and I don't really mind the drone based on the one I've driven with the exhaust.I might honestly drop the exhaust idea and just get the leak patched.

But, since you recommend pursuing a different upgrade, what do you suggest? I've looked into doing the J35 manifold, still on the search for one (just not actively ATM). I also have a pair of RL calipers I was thinking about swapping on. Those need paint and a rebuild though.

I wrote several things about J35 manifold and top plates to go with it, do a search on it.

Use 2008 Acura RL manifold, 2010+ crank pulley, Odyssey or MDS intake manifold spacer, port and polished lower intake runner from P2R racing.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I wrote several things about J35 manifold and top plates to go with it, do a search on it.

Use 2008 Acura RL manifold, 2010+ crank pulley, Odyssey or MDS intake manifold spacer, port and polished lower intake runner from P2R racing.
I actually have had that writeup bookmarked for some time now. I have been searching for an RL in the junkyards near me, although that has taken a backseat recently as I just focused on maintenance for the past year with my temporarily lengthy commute. I'll give that thread another read and likely be back on the hunt for those parts over this winter so I can get them prepped to go on in the spring

Thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
440 Posts
I actually have had that writeup bookmarked for some time now. I have been searching for an RL in the junkyards near me, although that has taken a backseat recently as I just focused on maintenance for the past year with my temporarily lengthy commute. I'll give that thread another read and likely be back on the hunt for those parts over this winter so I can get them prepped to go on in the spring

Thanks for the suggestions

The 2005-2007 Honda Accord Hybrid also has a magnesium J35 manifold manifold, and they seem to be slightly more common than RLs. However, they do not have a fitting for the active engine mount vacuum line. You can tap one into the manifold, or just leave it disconnected like I did.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The 2005-2007 Honda Accord Hybrid also has a magnesium J35 manifold manifold, and they seem to be slightly more common than RLs. However, they do not have a fitting for the active engine mount vacuum line. You can tap one into the manifold, or just leave it disconnected like I did.
I might look into the RL, because those are definitely more common around me than the Accord hybrids

·
Registered
80 Posts
Use 303 Aerospace protectant that comes in the blue bottle on there instead. It'll leave them with a kind of glossy look, but doesn't make them as slippery

Thanks!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Had it tow to my mechanic. First time in 17 years... It's overheating, didn't want to drive it and risk damaging it. I think it's just the thermostat...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Routine oil change.

I still marvel how clean the oil stays in this engine. It's must have exquisite combustion control.

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 5500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
352 Posts
I sold my '07 last November, but last week, while walking a few blocks from where I live... I found it! Whoever owns it is taking nice care of it - it was really clean. Hope they're enjoying it.

15621 - 15640 of 15655 Posts