Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
15741 - 15760 of 15787 Posts

·
ziptie princess
1,926 Posts
finally replaced the tire with the two screws in it, so now i have matching rear wheels again

also found out that my car is too low to get the a/c recharged...? time to find a shop that will do it

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
513 Posts
Got a hand oil pump and used it to suck all the old power steering fluid out, and replace it with genuine Honda fluid. The difference is actually pretty significant, but the power steering is still pretty stiff at low speeds, and the pump is still attempting to dump the fluid into the engine bay about as fast as I can fill it, so I'm still gonna order a new pump.

·
Super Moderator
6,761 Posts
Got a hand oil pump and used it to suck all the old power steering fluid out, and replace it with genuine Honda fluid. The difference is actually pretty significant, but the power steering is still pretty stiff at low speeds, and the pump is still attempting to dump the fluid into the engine bay about as fast as I can fill it, so I'm still gonna order a new pump.
I noted your power steering pump leaking quite a while ago. You can rebuild the pump, I have a DIY written on this. I had more problems using someone else's rebuilt pump and I returned it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I noted your power steering pump leaking quite a while ago. You can rebuild the pump, I have a DIY written on this. I had more problems using someone else's rebuilt pump and I returned it.
Yeah, I'm aware, but I'm pretty busy between work and college lately, so I just want something that can be done quickly. If the reman pump decides to die too, I'll try and rebuild it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Had the timing belt/ tensioner/ water pump service done. Owner brought the Aisin kit out to show me beforehand. They also used Honda coolant. $900 out the door. Interestingly, the original pump says Aisin on it.

Bearings, tensioner, etc all looked like new. Belt was hard, but no cracks. This was the ‘07 with 101K on it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Replaced power steering pump and O-rings, and installed lightweight pulleys and idlers from Gerzy Bear. Power steering feels great, I can turn the wheel with one finger, rather than needing to brace myself against the door to get enough leverage. A snowstorm prevented me from testing performance gains from the lightweight pulleys, but used the opportunity to make sure my handbrake still worked well.

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
100 Posts
Late post...just before Christmas I got a check engine light. Forgot what the code was but changed out the upstream and downstream o2 sensors and after almost a month all is well. 300 miles with 1/4 tank left is a slight increase I'd say. And added air to all 4 tires as it was 25-27psi
Branch Grey Asphalt Wood Road surface
Audio equipment Cable Auto part Electronic device Font
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Late post...just before Christmas I got a check engine light. Forgot what the code was but changed out the upstream and downstream o2 sensors... View attachment 537074
This is a great photo showing the difference between the OEM and aftermarket downstream O2 sensor. Is that a Denso 234-4797? That's what I used and it looks exactly the same. Notice how the aftermarket one doesn't have the rubber grommets over the wire to clip into the white clips. Those are what hold the wire in position under the car.

I cut the OEM grommets off and wrapped them around the aftermarket wire. Not perfect, but worked good enough to clip the aftermarket wire in. It's been holding up about 2 years now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is a great photo showing the difference between the OEM and aftermarket downstream O2 sensor. Is that a Denso 234-4797? That's what I used and it looks exactly the same. Notice how the aftermarket one doesn't have the rubber grommets over the wire to clip into the white clips. Those are what hold the wire in position under the car.

I cut the OEM grommets off and wrapped them around the aftermarket wire. Not perfect, but worked good enough to clip the aftermarket wire in. It's been holding up about 2 years now.
Yup that's the part #. I just swapped over the white tabs and its holding up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15741 - 15760 of 15787 Posts