Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
16101 - 16120 of 16180 Posts

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,582 Posts
(y) (y) good eyes. The OEM struts were busted many years ago. I replaced them with "MaxPaw" brand, which was much beefier/stronger than OEM. Actually, when I first installed them, it took little effort to lift the hood up, almost have an automatic feeling.

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
Is this hard to do? You got write-up? Did you get a code or something? You're a living guru. LOL Thanks.
Not hard whatsoever. 3/8" drive long rachet on a 3/8" drive 6" long wobble extension with a O2 sensor socket. It was so easy that I didn't write anything about it.

I literally gained extra 40 miles per tank back.

·
Prefers to shift his own gears
959 Posts
It is not fixed by any means, I still need to get off my lazy bum and order at least an idler pulley or just swap the bearings in it and throw a new belt on it.
Procrastination is at its best.
If you wait long enough, you'll hear a pop when your pulley disintegrates and then you'll be on battery power. Then you've got about 30 mins to find a good place to stop before the car dies.

Things I wish I wouldn't have tested...

·
Registered
132 Posts
2004 accord v6 EX : 240,712: Went to get coffee this AM. Got home, pushed window buttons to closed position. Pop from the passenger side. Window doesn't go up or down. I can hear the motor. Window goes up and down when i push/pull it manually. I'm guessing it's the plastic piece on the window regulator that broke or one of the cables. Yet another mini-project.

·
Registered
132 Posts
2004 accord v6 EX : 240,712: Went to get coffee this AM. Got home, pushed window buttons to closed position. Pop from the passenger side. Window doesn't go up or down. I can hear the motor. Window goes up and down when i push/pull it manually. I'm guessing it's the plastic piece on the window regulator that broke or one of the cables. Yet another mini-project.
Confirmed: Cable snapped but it's because the cables were stuck in the motor pulley.

·
Registered
04, v6 accord, ¿lx?, BAYA, J30A4
217 Posts
^^^ why are you using mid-grade even? That's 89 octane here. My car ran fine on 87.
Looking for best mpg/$$. Mine ran fine on regular as well. It ran better on premium, now I’m trying to save some bucks. For some reason a higher detonation pressure keeps the top end cleaner as well… it’s good for ya

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
674 Posts
Not hard whatsoever. 3/8" drive long rachet on a 3/8" drive 6" long wobble extension with a O2 sensor socket. It was so easy that I didn't write anything about it.

I literally gained extra 40 miles per tank back.
What kind of mileage were you getting? I just got 26.6 mpg average on a roadtrip going 70-75 mph almost the whole way, which seems decent for a V6 Auto? I normally get closer to 20 mpg in mixed driving. On the other hand, my LTFT swing between 12-20%, which seems like it would indicate bad O2 sensors.

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
What kind of mileage were you getting? I just got 26.6 mpg average on a roadtrip going 70-75 mph almost the whole way, which seems decent for a V6 Auto? I normally get closer to 20 mpg in mixed driving. On the other hand, my LTFT swing between 12-20%, which seems like it would indicate bad O2 sensors.
I was down to 24/25mpg doing mixed driving. Or 200/220 miles at the half tank mark. It is back up to 27/28mpg mixed.

I've never gotten over 11% long term fuel trim, or anything less than 24mpg. Either you have a vacuum leak or all 4 sensors have issues. All 4 of my sensors are now completely refreshed.

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
674 Posts
I was down to 24/25mpg doing mixed driving. Or 200/220 miles at the half tank mark. It is back up to 27/28mpg mixed.

I've never gotten over 11% long term fuel trim, or anything less than 24mpg. Either you have a vacuum leak or all 4 sensors have issues. All 4 of my sensors are now completely refreshed.
Looks like the V6 is supposed to get 21 city/30 highway, I’d just assumed it would be worse and not worried about my mileage. Looks like I do need new O2 sensors then. NTKs from rock auto I assume. I guess I’ll start with upstream, since those are easier to do.

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
Looks like the V6 is supposed to get 21 city/30 highway, I’d just assumed it would be worse and not worried about my mileage. Looks like I do need new O2 sensors then. NTKs from rock auto I assume. I guess I’ll start with upstream, since those are easier to do.
Yes, Rockauto. Part numbers are in my previous picture

16101 - 16120 of 16180 Posts