Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
16121 - 16140 of 16180 Posts

·
ziptie princess
2,140 Posts
put gas in it for the first time in a while. 17.5 mpg, $63.69 to fill the tank lmao

that should get me through until i move back across the country in a few months...

also made an appointment with a shop to get the highway vibration looked at and my credit card is cowering in fear

·
Registered
132 Posts
04 Accord v6.: Replaced 3 transmission mounts. 2 were damaged and expected the other to be fatigued.
Challenges:
Locating my 14 MM deep socket. Borrowed from neighbor. Need to reorg tools.
Lower rear transmission, Inner bolt - Couldn't get a socket in and not much room with jack supporting trans. Used open end wrench
Lower front transmission mount: Getting front lower nut installed. Stud going through was at an angle (engine/trans was more on driver side adding to the challenge

Reactions: Cepega

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
04 Accord v6.: Replaced 3 transmission mounts. 2 were damaged and expected the other to be fatigued.
Challenges:
Locating my 14 MM deep socket. Borrowed from neighbor. Need to reorg tools.
Lower rear transmission, Inner bolt - Couldn't get a socket in and not much room with jack supporting trans. Used open end wrench
Lower front transmission mount: Getting front lower nut installed. Stud going through was at an angle (engine/trans was more on driver side adding to the challenge
3/8" drive ratchet with a 6" extension + a 14mm crowsfoot. That's how I did it. Or you can use a wobble extension.

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
Removed inside driver's side b-pillar trim and cleaned it up using laundry detergent and a toothbrush, then hung it up to air dry. Passenger side next.

I will have to remove the headliner at some point and refinish it using some other cloth.

Sleeve Clothes hanger Grey One-piece garment Street fashion
Rectangle Wood Sleeve Material property Font
Window Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car
Car Window Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,701 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Received Mitsuboshi serpentine belt made in Taiwan and it looks quite good. The lots of sparkles in it made me wonder about it though.
I settled on the brand since it was more twice the cost cheaper of OEM that had the Honda plastered on it and because Mitsuboshi is the OEM supplier. OEM Idler pulley probably won't make in for the weekend wrenching.

·
Registered
2005 LX; K24A4; 5MT; ~226,000 miles
54 Posts
Today I got new tires and alignment all around. Splurged and got the Michelin defender set. $882 before warranties. Much smoother than the off brand tires I got from the hole-in-the wall spot down the street mixed with the toyo tires I had in the rear at approximately 7-8 years old and 120,000 miles…

There was still decent tread on the rear tires because I never rotated them. There was a flat spot on the right rear that had been driving me nuts for a while.

Definitely gonna stay on top of the maintenance of these tires tho, I can’t imagine neglecting them after spending 1/3 of what I paid for the car itself!

·
ziptie princess
2,140 Posts
just got a call from the shop; both axles have slight tears on the outer cv boots but are in good shape otherwise and the vibration is caused by something in the transmission

r.i.p

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,582 Posts
just got a call from the shop; both axles have slight tears on the outer cv boots but are in good shape otherwise and the vibration is caused by something in the transmission

r.i.p
What was the reason they condemned transmission? The intermediate shaft bearing, out-of balance drive shaft, even out-of balanced tires/wheels could have also caused vibration at speeds.

·
Polished Metal Metallica
1,317 Posts

r.i.p
Going to replace the transmission, or switch to a different vehicle entirely?

Reactions: TX Accord

·
Registered
3,690 Posts

r.i.p
did you check fluid level? when I bought my first Accord the front end shook like the entire thing was gonna fall off. topped off the fluid and all was well.

16121 - 16140 of 16180 Posts