Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
16141 - 16160 of 16182 Posts

·
ziptie princess
2,140 Posts
did you check fluid level? when I bought my first Accord the front end shook like the entire thing was gonna fall off. topped off the fluid and all was well.
it doesn't have a dipstick or anything so at that point i might as well just change the fluid

couldn't hurt at this point ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
2004 i4 5AT 4dr
60 Posts
did you check fluid level? when I bought my first Accord the front end shook like the entire thing was gonna fall off. topped off the fluid and all was well.
Something similar happened to me. Was experiencing torque converter shudder. Fluid was full but decided to change it (3-4 d/f's of DW-1) and all problems were solved.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
A manual tranny is just a gearbox. Oil usually lasts forever. Hard to imagine what would give off vibration. It's cheap and easy to swap fluids. Drain from the bottom bolt and fill from the top.

·
ziptie princess
2,140 Posts
yeah, i've had multiple crapcans with 150k+ on the original mtf (not saying it's a good idea, just that they generally don't care like an automatic would)

i likely won't find out what the actual problem is- i'm moving in two months and can't trust it to do a 1500mi road trip since the problem shows up at highway speed, so the sensible thing to do is sell it before i leave and just take a flight instead.

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,582 Posts
The rear left caliper has been slow leaking since winter (4oz per month), from the parking brake post. Centric reman only lasted 3 years. Installed a new one from Detroit Axle with 10 year warranty, see how it goes.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I finally sold it. The best part for me was that the guy I sold it to was really excited about it and is ready to keep it in good condition. He saw the value in the car like I have all these years! I’ll still be around though. I love this forum.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Got my Foxwell back after loaning it out. Turned on car (no driving), read DTC code ...B1 239...mode control motor circuit. Still have the groaning sound when turning on AC. Will need to re-test the motor and re-clean connections.

·
Registered
2003 Accord EX-L, 167K, 2.4L, 5spd, Sun Roof. First Honda owned vehicle, bought as a gas saver
11 Posts
Replaced a leaking front crank seal. Fixed it Tuesday, and everything is still dry. I previously replaced the gasket on the mechanism on the back side of the motor (toward the firewall) and the V-Tech plunger/injector looking thing. Both gaskets were stiff, but pliable, and NOT the cause of my passenger side oil leak. Bought OEM Honda gaskets for both, and the crank seal.

Used the Lisle 77080 19mm crank bolt socket and it spun right off. I don't know if the bolt has been off before, but it had the highly visible gray locktite/Honda adhesive applied to it. Took about 6-7 seconds of a 20V, 1400 ft lb , impact to get it off. Rubber on the crank seal was shot and brittle. Also replaced the harmonic balancer due to the rubber between the two metal pieces being in very poor condition and breaking off/down. Used the Dorman replacement from O'rielly's.

Reactions: Cepega

·
Registered
460 Posts
Fixed my ac, it was blowing out cold on the right side but not on the left. I thought it was that "blend door actuator" on the left, it was not.
So this guy gave me the info I needed to try next, pretty simple, it needed more refrigerant. NAPA had the can of R134a Refrigerant with the gauge on sale for $31, also has the $10 core charge you get back after you're done.
What is new to me is that the ac could work at all or only on one side when low on refrigerant. Got the bottle, hooked it up and sure enough it was low, started filling it, the cooling fan came on and after putting in the correct amount it works great! Just in time for our first prolonged heat spell, 90s in the Foothills, 100s down in the Valley.
Stay cool everyone and enjoy the summer.

Honda Tips: A/C Blows Warm Air Out of Left Vents and Cold Air Out of Right Vents

Reactions: TX Accord

·
Registered
132 Posts
Addressing DTC for mode control motor. Took off the 3 screws and surprisingly the motor assembly fell out of the dash. hmm. Thinking about it for a moment, realized I probably forgot to reconnect it the last time when I cleaned the grease out.

16141 - 16160 of 16182 Posts