Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
16501 - 16520 of 16639 Posts

· Custom title
2004 Accord EX-V6, 5AT
11 Posts
I installed my snows today too on my 9th gen.

What did you end up going with?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Bridgestone Blizzaks- based on my research they're one of the better studless tires. Really quiet too- cabin noise on winter tires is lower than my all seasons

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,654 Posts
Bridgestone Blizzaks- based on my research they're one of the better studless tires. Really quiet too- cabin noise on winter tires is lower than my all seasons
i used to run the blizzaks in the winter. however, at least with the previous models, once the tread gets down to 50% remaining, the harder compound turns the tires into all-seasons; the soft and pliable winter tread which gives you more bite in the snow and ice is only existent in the first 50% of the tread. and, with how much i go through tires, i need to run something that's going to give me more consistent performance over the entire life of the tire.

PS: in case if you or others were wondering, i go through a set of tires in about 3-4 months...

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,654 Posts
Michelin x-ice snow...

Reactions: AirbusA380DIA

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,654 Posts
YEA, BOI....

Was it Michelin that released a new tire couple years ago with a Christmas tree tread pattern?
not sure, but i wouldn't be surprised...

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,654 Posts
You're thinking of the Michelin CrossClimate 2, which is an "all weather" tire (hybrid of all-season and winter).
yeah, i understand their claims that they make on that tire. but, i'm not completely convinced that they could work as well as my x-ice snows.

Reactions: derass

· Registered
1,323 Posts
yeah, i understand their claims that they make on that tire. but, i'm not completely convinced that they could work as well as my x-ice snows.
Yeah, there's no way they can. Tires have to sacrifice one area to improve in another: dry performance, wet performance, snow/ice performance, tread life, noise, comfort, etc. You can't have the best of everything all at once. All-weather tires sacrifice winter performance to be useable during the rest of the year, and they sacrifice all-season performance to be useable during the winter.

· Registered
04, v6 accord, ¿lx?, BAYA, J30A4
463 Posts
Driving in the rain with intermittent on high speed, roughly sweeping every 1-1.5 seconds… come to a red light… wiper speed decreases to roughly 6 seconds… no change on the settings… is this another “feature” I was unaware of? Like the auto down windows from the key fob, if it is … I don’t want it.

Edit; yep, just confirmed, 5mph and 12 mph top and bottom of the change. From a stop once I get to 12mph my wipers slap pretty much like “low”, once I decelerate to 5mph the wipers slow to roughly 4-5 as opposed to 6 second intervals …

so odd

· Registered
04, v6 accord, ¿lx?, BAYA, J30A4
463 Posts
V6 has active mounts unsure of the 4 cyl, I LOVE speed sensitive sound, i also contrantly turn knobs or hit volume buttons on my hybrid commute… I’d totally trade it for speed sensitive INTERMITTENT wipes … rain doesn’t care how fast you go.. it just falls.

also good to know I’m not going completely crazy

edit; p*ss on speed sensitive wipers.. I meant trade the wiper speed sensitivity for sound sensitivity

· Registered
4,064 Posts
Driving in the rain with intermittent on high speed, roughly sweeping every 1-1.5 seconds… come to a red light… wiper speed decreases to roughly 6 seconds… no change on the settings… is this another “feature” I was unaware of? Like the auto down windows from the key fob, if it is … I don’t want it.

Edit; yep, just confirmed, 5mph and 12 mph top and bottom of the change. From a stop once I get to 12mph my wipers slap pretty much like “low”, once I decelerate to 5mph the wipers slow to roughly 4-5 as opposed to 6 second intervals …

so odd
do your lights brighten up and dim with RPMs?

· BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
18,654 Posts
Speed-sensitive wipers. Why the Accord has that but not speed-sensitive volume I don't know. I really wanted it on my 07; I was constantly adjusting the volume.

Also, if I remember right, the 2.4 engine has active engine mounts.
speed-sensitive wipers have been a thing on accord since 1998. :)

Reactions: Dr. Acula
16501 - 16520 of 16639 Posts