Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

241 - 260 of 297 Posts

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,363 Posts
Went to Okeechobee FL yesterday with my cousin's husband to meet friends of his. Nice pleasant trip (4.25 hrs round trip).

Blackened gator tail was pretty good.

20201128_152153.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Drove from Albany to Boston and back. Dropped my daughter back at college.

Great day for driving. Minimal traffic and when there was it was fast. Sometimes I stayed with the pack doing 75-80 ish and still got 37mg out of a V6.. On the way to Boston, made it within two blocks of Northeastern University without the wheels ever stopping about 180 miles. Round trip, took about 5 hours and 40 minutes a record for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
Spent the weekend exploring the Jersey shore.

Ending mileage: 165,100

Stopped by Bayshore Center (environmental history museum) in Port Norris, NJ:

Then it was onto a very windy Sunset Beach in Cape May, including driving by the WWII Lookout Tower (pictured in distance):

And ending with a drive to Island Beach State Park:

·
Pilot without a plane
678 Posts
Seen on my normal route to McAllen, TX a few minutes ago. Interesting way to transport a car.

Screenshot9520201217-173237~2.png

IMG_20201217_173257430.jpg

Just after seeing this, I saw a semi with mud flaps of a smiley face wearing a mask. Only in 2020.

A few days ago, someone in a beat up BMW 3 series passed me on the shoulder, ran over a wheel in the grass, and about crashed next to me.

Last night, my wife had to avoid a wrong way driver on the highway. It's been an interesting few days.

·
Pilot without a plane
678 Posts
I drove over 1,200 miles in the last 30ish hours. This consisted of my normal Fri night of two trips to the valley and then a phone call for a Houston trip after I got back from my second run.

Houston was a trip to Bay Area Surgicare Center. More on that later. WX in Houston was absolute trash. Houston is normally super busy anyway. Throw in my lack of sleep and flooding in Houston & I'm thankful I got home safely. On the way up, there was a big wreck with several pickups that threw debris on my side of the hwy. Had to swerve around that. There were several other accidents on this trip.

Here was downtown Houston as I came back thru:

20201219_111527.jpg

The original address I was given for delivery turned out to be an industrial park. Not where you'd expect a surgical center. Wrong address. I thought it was cool that I was next to Ellington Field in Houston. I used to fly in there. They have a lot of NASA planes there.

20201219_095403.jpg

I called dispatch who contacted the group who called in the order. The surgical center was located at a nearby hospital. Now we're talking. I got there and they were in fact closed just as Mr. Google said they would be.

20201219_101405.jpg

Called dispatch again. Turns out the group who normally calls in the orders subbed out the duties to another group. The destination wasn't Bay Area Surgicare Center in Houston. Rather, it was Bay Area Medical Center in Corpus Christi just across town from the pick up location. Time to head home...

Screenshot_20201219-104903_Maps.jpg

20201219_150323.jpg

This mistake took what should have been a half hour evolution to deliver Covid vaccine to another local hospital and turned it into an 11 hour delay and a scenic trip for the vaccine boxes.

The call group accepted responsibility for the mistake and are supposed to pay me for the trip to Houston as well as the return trip. Normally it would have just paid one way Corpus to Houston.

Time to relax now...

·
Pilot without a plane
678 Posts
It was fine. I've had several near misses in Houston. I generally like to have my wife ride along on these, but due to the time it wasn't an option for this trip.

Also saw a newer Mustang tangled in the safety barrier cables in the median and an equipment rental company F150 being pulled from the median too.

This trip got me into the 740's. Just a few weeks til 750k! I'm still amazed at how smooth this thing is on the highway at 75mph. No way does it feel its age.

·
Registered
884 Posts
This trip got me into the 740's. Just a few weeks til 750k! I'm still amazed at how smooth this thing is on the highway at 75mph. No way does it feel its age.
That's exactly the problem I have. I'm sitting at a light like, "Hey, look at that TLX A-Spec over there! Looks awesome. Maybe I'll get one of those... wait, is the engine of my Accord running? Oh, wait. It is. It's so smooth, I've got to check the tach to make sure it's still on. Guess I'll keep it."

·
14,363 Posts
I drove over 1,200 miles in the last 30ish hours. This consisted of my normal Fri night of two trips to the valley and then a phone call for a Houston trip after I got back from my second run.

Houston was a trip to Bay Area Surgicare Center. More on that later. WX in Houston was absolute trash. Houston is normally super busy anyway. Throw in my lack of sleep and flooding in Houston & I'm thankful I got home safely. On the way up, there was a big wreck with several pickups that threw debris on my side of the hwy. Had to swerve around that. There were several other accidents on this trip.

Here was downtown Houston as I came back thru:

View attachment 526565

The original address I was given for delivery turned out to be an industrial park. Not where you'd expect a surgical center. Wrong address. I thought it was cool that I was next to Ellington Field in Houston. I used to fly in there. They have a lot of NASA planes there.

View attachment 526569

I called dispatch who contacted the group who called in the order. The surgical center was located at a nearby hospital. Now we're talking. I got there and they were in fact closed just as Mr. Google said they would be.

View attachment 526566

Called dispatch again. Turns out the group who normally calls in the orders subbed out the duties to another group. The destination wasn't Bay Area Surgicare Center in Houston. Rather, it was Bay Area Medical Center in Corpus Christi just across town from the pick up location. Time to head home...

View attachment 526567

View attachment 526568

This mistake took what should have been a half hour evolution to deliver Covid vaccine to another local hospital and turned it into an 11 hour delay and a scenic trip for the vaccine boxes.

The call group accepted responsibility for the mistake and are supposed to pay me for the trip to Houston as well as the return trip. Normally it would have just paid one way Corpus to Houston.

Time to relax now...
Fun days as a courier. Been there, done that.

·
14,363 Posts
Busy week for me...

Sunday: return trip (partial) from Columbia SC (from Saturday)

Monday: Johnston PA

Tuesday: Bethlehem PA & Cleveland OH (the OH trip is where my friend joined me, and then things got nuts)

Wednesday: St Clairsville OH & Wooster OH

Thursday: (early mrng) Philly PA & Newport News VA (delivery and Orthodox Xmas dinner with brother and sis-in-law

Friday: Chambersburg PA (day) & Morrisville NC (night)

Saturday: Ridgefield Park NJ

Crazy thing, lost out on jobs to Cleveland, Baltimore, Sumter SC, Rochester NY, Carmel NY, and Charlotte NC due to the insane driving I did during the week. Dispatch tries to be fair.

Today: nothing...yet.

I'm inching closer to you, comrade @TX Accord.

·
14,363 Posts
Oh, pics!

Couple from yesterday, in NC on i77

Few others from philly
20210109_095436.jpg
20210109_095427.jpg
20210109_095337.jpg
20210107_093840.jpg
20210107_093836.jpg
20210107_093827.jpg
20210107_093558.jpg
20210107_093547.jpg
20210107_093512.jpg

·
Registered
884 Posts
A tour of Revolutionary War sites in northeastern New Jersey.

Ending Mileage: 166,103

A couple highlights:
Hamilton Park in Weehawken, NJ...

...site of the Burr-Hamilton Duel

The Van Allen House, temporary headquarters to George Washington:

First Presbyterian Church of Springfield, which was burned to the ground in 1780 by retreating British soldiers:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Another Jersey Shore Jaunt...

Ending mileage: 166,331

The Beach Buggy (aka, my Accord) once again at Sandy Hook - Gateway National Recreation Area:

View of the Manhattan skyline from Sandy Hook:

Church of the Presidents (built in 1879) in Long Branch, where Presidents Grant, Hayes, Garfield, Arthur, Harrison, McKinley, and Wilson all attended during their summer vacations:

·
Registered
884 Posts
160-mile round trip to see my parents in southern NJ today, and then got to drive through the beginnings of what promises to be a wild winter storm. No problem when you’re rolling on Nokian WR G4 all-weather tires...

Ending mileage: 166,493

·
14,363 Posts
Greetings from Charlottesville
20210212_100014.jpg
20210212_093407.jpg
20210212_090737.jpg
20210212_090528.jpg

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Local snowsports hill.

It's fun to zip by AWD SUVs equipped with fuel economy highway tires spinning their wheels in place at the first incline. "But I paid 50 thousand dollars for this jeep, they told me I could go anywhere. It even has a blu-ray player in the backseat!"

241 - 260 of 297 Posts