Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my car in to get foglights installed for a decent price (surprisingly). When signing the paper they told me that they're also fixing a recall that will be sent in the mail soon. Does anyone know what this recall is?

·
Elvira
3,436 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I took my car in to get foglights installed for a decent price (surprisingly). When signing the paper they told me that they're also fixing a recall that will be sent in the mail soon. Does anyone know what this recall is?
Is the LX a CVT? There is a new TSB for the CVT available.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/86-9th-generation/418169-new-tsb-15-16-i4-cvt-accords-cr-vs.html

Yeah it's a CVT. Will I notice a difference in driving?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah it's a CVT. Will I notice a difference in driving?
I got the update done on my 15 accord ex and noticed a loud whining sound when I drove through the grapevine (after the cvt update). I took it back to Honda and let them know about it and they just told me that could be how the new software works !? i was like hmmmm it never did that. its been 2 weeks and i haven't heard it again. Honda performed a "restet" on the whole ecu and re updated the cvt... hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
It never dawned on you, while signing the paper at the dealership, in front of the service advisor...to ask the advisor one simple question: "What recall?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts