Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After brushing the snow off my car the other day, I used the remote to unlock the car from inside the house. When I walked out to start the engine, all four windows had rolled down about 3/4 and the sunroof was popped up. I have no clue why it happened and could not replicate the issue.

Has anyone else had this happen? Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
245 Posts
After brushing the snow off my car the other day, I used the remote to unlock the car from inside the house. When I walked out to start the engine, all four windows had rolled down about 3/4 and the sunroof was popped up. I have no clue why it happened and could not replicate the issue.

Has anyone else had this happen? Should I be concerned?
Did you hold down the unlock button?

·
Registered
288 Posts
You probably held the unlock button down after pressing the unlock button.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's a feature, not a bug. It's for venting your car on a hot day while you approach it. Check the manual, page 128.

"Opening Windows and Moonroof with the Remote: Press the unlock button twice within 10 seconds and hold it down for the second time. If the windows stop midway, repeat the procedure."

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a feature, not a bug. It's for venting your car on a hot day while you approach it. Check the manual, page 128.

"Opening Windows and Moonroof with the Remote: Press the unlock button twice within 10 seconds and hold it down for the second time. If the windows stop midway, repeat the procedure."
WOW, wish I knew that earlier. I can't imagine what would have happened if I did that in the wrong area.

·
Registered
44 Posts
WOW, wish I knew that earlier. I can't imagine what would have happened if I did that in the wrong area.
Wow read the manual- that feature has been around for a long time in vehicles.

I hope you never buy an Audi A8 or something.. god knows what would happen.

You should learn about your car before you buy/drive it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Does this unlocking feature work for the LX model?
For the 9th gen Accords, only models with the Smart key has this feature.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow read the manual- that feature has been around for a long time in vehicles.

I hope you never buy an Audi A8 or something.. god knows what would happen.

You should learn about your car before you buy/drive it.
Wow, don't be a rude a$$hole. Thank you for the advice on reading the manual. I did skim through it and read some sections in-depth. I will review it again, the whole thing, in the near future.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow, don't be a rude a$$hole. Thank you for the advice on reading the manual. I did skim through it and read some sections in-depth. I will review it again, the whole thing, in the near future.
Sorry, didn't mean to be rude.. was just making fun of the fact.. which is deserved!

I just have the Sport, so I cannot even do it if I tried!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, didn't mean to be rude.. was just making fun of the fact.. which is deserved!

I just have the Sport, so I cannot even do it if I tried!
It is ok. Sorry for the over-reaction. I am on a business trip and got snowed into my hotel. I am sitting in a conference room at the hotel working on my laptop and getting frustrated.

And you are right, I deserved the dipstick reply for not checking the manual first. When I get back Friday I will do some more reading.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It is ok. Sorry for the over-reaction. I am on a business trip and got snowed into my hotel. I am sitting in a conference room at the hotel working on my laptop and getting frustrated.

And you are right, I deserved the dipstick reply for not checking the manual first. When I get back Friday I will do some more reading.
I disagree that you deserve a dipstick reply. I just posted from the manual 'cause I had the PDF on my computer and it was easy to search. I read about this feature about a month ago in an earlier thread that started with someone asking, "WTH, I just came out to drive my car and its windows are all rolled down!" The leading theory there is that he activated this sequence with the remote pressed against something in his pocket, which is a real, if rare risk.

This was actually one of the concerns I had about buying an Accord when I started researching. I searched "Accord problems" and it's one of the things that popped up (not on this forum, but on Youtube or something). I thought, man that's a flawed electrical system if it can make itself roll all the windows down while it's supposed to be locked up tight. Not until I encountered it here did I understand it was a feature.

Someone might ask me, where have you been, hiding under a rock, most modern cars come with this feature! Which of course those of us who buy a new car only every 15 years wouldn't have been exposed to.

Feel free to ask a question about how something works on this forum. You'll get several helpful answers back and some guy who bothers to post that he thinks you're wasting everyone's time. Just ignore the latter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.